Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Boro Artists Unite!!

LAG
2008-08-05, 3:51pm
Any of you geniuses doing tutorials for purchase? I have seen only softglass thus far on Etsy except for Pipyr's Critter tut.

Maybe Jeff Walsh or perhaps our own Mr. Smiley???

The internet has done wonderful things for we wittle peoples to make $..

Rose
2008-08-05, 4:11pm
Oh, I'd stand in line for one!

Carols Glass
2008-08-05, 4:14pm
There are quite a few wonderful videos by Ross, I am giving you one link but you should be able to find more on you-tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsmpIWiXlVo

Mr. Smiley
2008-08-05, 5:05pm
I've got one in mind... plus I'm doing the videos. ;)

It's way more work than I ever expected to do it right. I'm trying to get it done, but it's slow going.

Carols Glass
2008-08-05, 5:30pm
Brent, I know I'm excited about your tutorials or videos, whichever you accomplish. I just hope I haven't sold all my boro by then!

Mr. Smiley
2008-08-05, 7:30pm
Don't sell your boro. I promise it's fun stuff! :D

LAG
2008-08-05, 8:55pm
thanks, Brent. Was hoping you could work on some. Your stuff is awesome!! And Carol, thank you....

Cosmo
2008-08-06, 5:54am
I'm actually working on a whole book, not just individual tutorials.

I doubt I'd sell them through Etsy because I don't use it any more. It will be available through my web site. Hopefully by the end of the year...

simvet02
2008-08-06, 5:56am
Got to the Tutorial section, tutorials for sale, Pipyr has one for makeing a boro creature. Its a great tutorial.

Sarabella
2008-08-06, 6:00am
Ditto on Pipyr's tutorial! Well written with a twist of Pipyr.

It sure wouldn't hurt to see more - perhaps a primer for those thinking of dabbling in boro? Hmm... I could do that.

Sals

LAG
2008-08-06, 6:41am
Cosmo, put me on your mailing list for announcing your publication... :-)

Mr. Smiley
2008-08-06, 7:58am
Right on Chad! Best of luck! Can't wait to see it. I guess you've already got the printing handled. :lol:

Cosmo
2008-08-06, 8:12am
Yeah. Kind of convenient for me.

We're actually looking into getting more into book publishing. My girlfriend and I have been into comic books for quite a while. We go to the big conventions and stuff and do all the geek stuff. We've been talking to a lot of the upstart artists and people like that to get more into the publishing side of things. Hopefully we can get into a lot more of that type of stuff.

nagibeads
2008-08-06, 11:56am
Yeah. Kind of convenient for me.

We're actually looking into getting more into book publishing. My girlfriend and I have been into comic books for quite a while. We go to the big conventions and stuff and do all the geek stuff. We've been talking to a lot of the upstart artists and people like that to get more into the publishing side of things. Hopefully we can get into a lot more of that type of stuff.

oo--please let me know how this goes....
Sounds interesting!

Carols Glass
2008-08-06, 3:06pm
Kay, you are welcome :-)

Brent, I know it is fun, but more of the flowers I've made with boro break than the ones I make with soft glass.

I'm seriously considering selling my boro as it is just sitting there. I did clean it all up with alcohol, made a list, weighed each and every color and then even made a few things with a few colors, put them back in their place and went back to soft glass again.

I'm going to give the boro one more try someday with my Betta and then decide one way or another.........but my Lynx just came back home and I had to hook it up last night to see if it was fixed or not.

Thanks,
Carol

Cosmo
2008-08-06, 5:08pm
Cosmo, put me on your mailing list for announcing your publication... :-)

If you want to go to my web site (www.cosmoglassworks.com) and subscribe to the newsletter, I'll announce it there first...