Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : HELP! How to dispose of Liver of Sulfer

rickie
2006-01-14, 5:29pm
OKay...I've used my liver of Sulfer to tarnish my sterling...now how do I dispose of it...no instructions on my jar and nothing I can find quickly online....it's freaking me out---help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Rickie

Kevan
2006-01-14, 6:19pm
Well, stop freaking out to begin with. Take it to your local dump. Don't they have a hazardous materials disposal facility? Most do.

Dale M.
2006-01-14, 8:00pm
OKay...I've used my liver of Sulfer to tarnish my sterling...now how do I dispose of it...not instructions on my jar and nothing I can find quickly online....it's freaking my out---help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Rickie

Just store it in safe container till next time you need to use it....

Dale

Cosmo
2006-01-14, 9:33pm
It's an organic compound. Just pour it right down the sink.

rickie
2006-01-14, 9:54pm
thanks y'all. I purchased some chunks in a can, put a couple of pieces in some hot water to dip my viking weave chains in and then thought---what do I do with this now!!! I do kindof freak out when things say "toxic". I found a site that said to neutralize it with baking powder, then pour it over cat litter to dry before tossing and that just made it smell to high heaven...so I was starting to hyperventilate. I do sooo appreciate the advice...gee, can I really just wash it down the sink....I though I would be poisoning the city water supply....am I ditzy or what!!! Thank each one of you for responding so quickly and helpfully!!!
mwaaah---
Rickie

Cosmo
2006-01-15, 9:16am
I'm not a chemist, so I don't know what's in it. But, Tim McCreight (who is one of the biggest names in jewelry) told me to pour it down the sink. So did a couple other big name designers, so I listen to them...