Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Question about CIM

TeresaRB
2009-01-21, 6:47pm
Someone (very nice) sent me some CIM Trans. Saphire. To date I've only used Effetre 104, some frits and some Double Helix Triton. Arrow Springs is fantastic for giving information on "how to" with all the different glass. But I can't find anything on their site about CIM.

So here I am...asking all you very experienced people...what type of flame do you work this glass in...annealing temps etc. Can anyone help?

Natsprat
2009-01-21, 7:30pm
Well I am not the most learned person on here - still a bit of newby really.

But.... I have been using CIM COE104 for the last six months and basically just do the same thing as I do with my plain old Moretti and Effetre. I use it in exactly the same way and garage it and anneal it the same way too. It doesn't seem to be tricky like the fancy silver (DH) and striking glasses, but then again I have not used all the colours as they are a little bit hard to get hold of over here in Australia.

Hades black is the loveliest solid black I have used and doesn't seem to go trans even in thin stringer form. I really like the Gelly's Sty Pink too and keep meaning to order a lovely big sample lot of each rod, but am scared......... scared that I will love them all and break the bank account completely!

Have you tried the CIM website for tech stuff?

Nat

Kevan
2009-01-21, 7:31pm
It's not a reactive glass, it's pretty much wysiwyg with CIM. Nice colors that stay true and aren't colors the Italians have.

Hayley
2009-01-21, 7:36pm
Arrow Spring doesn't carry CIM, yet.

Here is the website link for CIM:

http://www.creationismessy.com/

Carolyn M
2009-01-21, 7:51pm
CIM Sapphire has been problem free for me. I treat it like Effetre

Diane Gates
2009-01-23, 12:43pm
I have been starting to "collect" CIM colors and I love all of them. I treat them the same as Moretti as well and have not had any issues. Wide variery of colors. Look at ColorAddictions site and you will want to buy more. Amazing stuff on there.

Aubs
2009-01-23, 1:20pm
morettiandmore.com has an EXCELLENT selection of CiM colors,good prices, as well as a bunch of odd vetros.......They're in WA, and I'm in CT, but I always get my orders within 5 days! They're great!Make sure you try the French Blue by CiM, it's a beauty!

villa design
2009-01-23, 2:36pm
With CiM you just need to work it in a neutral flame. I garage most of my beads at 960, though with some CiM it's higher. Their website has excellent tech info on all the colors.

rosemarie23
2009-01-23, 2:53pm
Cirrus, Halong Bay and Peacock Green are the tricky ones. They need a higher annealing range and special handling.

From PaulaD's site ( http://www.flamedame.com ):
Annealing Ranges
Cirrus 1040-970
Peacock Green 1070-1000
Halong Bay 1090-1020
They have a tendency to be shocky, must be put in the annealer very quickly, and need to be worked very hot.

beadgirl
2009-02-06, 7:40am
These colors are wonderful! I have a few of them to try.
Is there a annealing schedule for all of the colors somewhere???
Thanks, MarieAnn

villa design
2009-02-06, 7:52am
The annealling schedules should be on the CiM website.

beadgirl
2009-02-06, 8:26am
Thanks Melissa I must be blind, didn't see it.
Marie Ann

TeresaRB
2009-02-07, 6:05pm
Hey thanks for this post! I put this in here a couple days ago and never got back to read until now. Where in CT are you? Do you know if flamedame (Paula) has a place here in CT were us lampworks can go to buy glass? I was at Tin City once, but she wasn't too crazy about selling right out of the basement. Maybe I shouldn't know if theres a place! LOL I'll be living there! LOL