Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Striking twistys

jerrybeads
2009-03-11, 7:20pm
Hi everyone, I've seen people's gorgeous twistys using silver glass and have tried and they turn out horrific!

anyone willing to share some recipies or tips?

thanks,
jeri

honey*bee
2009-03-12, 4:36am
Hayley is in the process of making a tut on her silvered glass twistie recipes. I can't wait, she makes the most beautiful beads and color combos. It is in the tuts to purchase section.

honey*bee
2009-03-12, 4:41am
PS here is a great link for some silvered twisties!!!

http://www.seraphimflameworks.blogspot.com/

Cindy D.
2009-03-12, 4:53am
I'm not sure what you're currently doing that ends up looking horrible (I'm sure more in the gap between what you wanted and what you got than a result others think is horrible!)

I tend to use the lollipop method and do encased cane 'twisties' - more of a ribbon cane idea when using the striking glass. Also... ensure that you strike the silver glass before encasing it in the clear. That way you get most of the colour that you want out of it and the clear helps to 'hold' that colour for you... hmmm... early in the morning... am I making sense?

DaBatt
2009-03-27, 2:04pm
Jeri - I wish I had seen this earlier.
Just follow the link to Seraphims blog..... they have some awesome combinations using silver glasses there & will happily answer questions if you ask :)

karrina
2009-03-27, 3:41pm
thanks for all the interesting info. i tried one with Marine Blue as the middle lolipop and Rembrant & Gaia on each sides, really pretty!!!

Chau Nguyen T
2009-03-27, 6:12pm
I want to have a big bag of money to buy silver glass. I want every single bead on that link. Oh, help me. I can't sleet to night. I've printed out a few pictures of them to carry to bed with me tonight. I might find a few glass rod tomorrow morning unger my pillow. ???

krisb16
2009-03-27, 7:23pm
There are some great striking twisties here: avenuebeads.com. They're 104, and strike really easily.

bexrox
2009-03-28, 11:43am
I want to have a big bag of money to buy silver glass. I want every single bead on that link. Oh, help me. I can't sleet to night. I've printed out a few pictures of them to carry to bed with me tonight. I might find a few glass rod tomorrow morning unger my pillow. ???

It's okay, I still believe in the Glass Fairy too!

Becky

DaBatt
2009-05-10, 1:59pm
Hey there is a glass fairy of sorts on Etsy .....

KnattyDreadz (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6497570)has stringers of a lot of the rare & unobtainable silver glasses, so that you can try them & see if they work for you.

There are some stunning reactive glasses in their selection.