Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : a few questions about CZs

firebreathingdragon
2009-03-16, 6:01am
First is it necessary to encase Czs when you put them in beads? If you don't encase the how do you get the little buggers to stay in the bead? Has anyone ever encountered the problem of burning the color of colored Czs and/or no how to correct the following problem? Your help would be very appreciated.

shawnette
2009-03-16, 6:10am
If you push them far enough into the glass, they don't have to be encased. If the color is burning out, then they are not rated for high heat usage. There's nothing you can do to correct it.

getdul981
2009-03-16, 6:47am
How do you set the CZ's in the glass and what size do you use?

Sue in Maine
2009-03-16, 7:50am
CZ's can be used with moretti.

How to use? Easy peasy! Ya know those old bent mandrels? Dip the tip in elmers glue (just a little dab will do you. too much and your cz will slide around and fall off the end) and stick the TOP of the cz on the end of the mandrel so the pointy tip of the cz is sticking up. Stick your mandrel in a jar with rice in the bottom (to keep the mandrel upright) and let it dry. To use: spot heat where you want your cz to go and with the mandrel in your hand as a pencil, poke the cz into the heated spot. Your pointy bottom end of the cz goes into the glass and you have a beautiful top faceted cz facing out of your glass creation.

The elmers glue burns off with no residue.

Easy peasy, right?

This is what I picked up on LE. Folks here are very generous so I'm just passing the generosity on.

Sue

getdul981
2009-03-16, 1:52pm
Sue,

Thanks, I had read somewhere abour drilling a small dimple in a graphite marver and standing the CZ in that. This makes more sense. You can put the CZ exactly where you want it this way. (unless you're shaky like I am)

Greg