Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Asking the experts

char
2009-06-06, 5:14pm
Can someone explain how you get boro to look like this?
Not so much the color but the design168945

Anzie
2009-06-06, 5:20pm
Make a nice disk bead, put some random dots or frit along the top and a little off to the sides. Put on an encasing layer and slowly melt it down. Put more clear on the sides if you need to as well. It will spread your dots. At least I'm assuming that's how it's done.:koolaid:

shawnette
2009-06-06, 5:22pm
Make a nice disk bead, put some random dots or frit along the top and a little off to the sides. Put on an encasing layer and slowly melt it down. Put more clear on the sides if you need to as well. It will spread your dots. At least I'm assuming that's how it's done.:koolaid:

Yup. Make a disk, roll in frit and encase. It's the same as making stripe beads.

char
2009-06-06, 7:50pm
Thanks I have been strugling with this now I know why!

gmkcpa
2009-06-09, 5:22pm
Are you referring to the shape or the color? From your picture it looks like a bead with a big hole in the center that is rounded around the edge, as opposed to a bead made on a mandril where the mandril hole is at a 90 degree angle to the side of the bead. Actually I never saw a bead like in your picture where what looks like the mandril hole is rounded. I've got to try Anzie's method and see what I get. BTW, the color looks like silver creek and amber purple (but that's just my eyes; my wife and I see colors differently).