Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Impress Tool...and Thanks to Dave!

Barbie Doll
2009-07-03, 10:25am
I just wanted to let all my fellow lampwork beadmakers that I received my Impress Bead Liner Tool from Dave. Hooray! :smile:

I had been sick and just couldn't quite follow the directions for the tool (Brain Cramp), so I sent Dave an email asking for help.

He called me a few hours later and walked me through cutting the tubing and actually coring my first bead. WOW!!! What a guy...thanks Dave!!! O:)

He was kind enough to give me a class by phone and I couldn't believe how easy it was to use the tool. I have stiffness and swelling in my fingers and hands, so I was a bit apprehensive at first; however, I found it to be very easy to turn the handle...nothing hard or difficult about it at all.

Last evening as I sat in front of the TV, I was able to core and cap many beads in a very short period of time. It only takes a few minutes per bead and the tool sits comfortably in your hand...which really surprised me. The tool is small enough to take with you anywhere. How cool is that?

Before purchasing the Impress Tool, I did quite a bit of research and asked several of my beadmaker friends who owned the tool their opinion. They had nothing but rave reports and found it to be economical and easy to use. Thank you, my friends (and a BIG thank you to Ginny from ginnovations.com)!

So I'd like to thank Dave publicly for taking time out of his busy schedule to help me. I would highly recommend the Impress Tool to anyone who might be contemplating coring their beads, as it creates the perfect finishing touch.

For those of you who would like more information on the Impress Bead Liner Tool, go to www.artintheround.com (dave@artintheround.com) where you can see it for yourself.

I hope you will enjoy it as much as I have.

Thanks a bunch, Dave!

glass obsessed
2009-07-05, 6:36am
I can not get to his web site?

Bead_lover
2009-07-05, 11:08am
This is the actual site where you can buy it.

http://host.pappapak17.com/~artinthe/index.htm

Just copy and paste it and you should be there. click on catalog and then there's a drop down box in the middle. His bead cleaning bits are the greatest, too.
Melody

DesertDreamer
2009-07-05, 11:32am
Wow, nifty tool! Just curious, when you said core and cap, does that mean you can sandwich bead caps under the cores? Does it take multiple steps to do so?

I'd love to start coring some beads, but the cost of most of the tools is way out of my price range. This looks much more do-able. Thanks for posting!

Barbie Doll
2009-07-06, 4:31am
Yes, you can add the caps prior to using the tool to rivet the tubing. The tool rivets the tubing which holds the caps in place. It's easy as pie. I was a little too excited on my second bead and went too fast and turned the handle too far so I split the tubing. However, if you turn the handle a little at a time on each side, you can avoid splitting the tubing. It just takes a tiny bit of practice and you'll have it down in no time! It's a great little tool and I LOVE IT!!!! Dave is a great guy and has some wonderful new ideas for more nifty tools for us lampworkers! I can't wait to see what he has in store for us.

For Melody: Many thanks for posting another way to his website. I didn't have any problems earlier when I went to www.artintheround.com so I don't know what the problem is. I think he's got it linked the other other site you posted. Thanks again!

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I have so far!!!

ironmountainglass
2010-12-23, 12:34pm
:0) :)