Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Hours on Oxygen Concentrator

Debbie
2009-12-09, 8:29am
I really THOUGHT that I would find an answer to this question by searching on this site and WC but I didn't find an immediate answer after slogging through a few pages.

The question is: What is considered a HIGH number of hours on an oxygen concentrator for our use? I want to have some idea when to expect it to conk out. I've had it since around 2004.

Dale M.
2009-12-09, 8:39am
Hours on machine are only a record on how many hours it has run.......

These things are designed to run 24/7 for maybe 5 years (43,000 hours)..... With minimum up keep, like cleaning filters and just general care....

IF you have real concerns, try to find website of brand/model you have and see if there is any documentation on estimated "lifespan" and any scheduled maintenance procedures after "X" hours of operation...

Dale

Debbie
2009-12-09, 9:58am
Hours on machine are only a record on how many hours it has run.......

These things are designed to run 24/7 for maybe 5 years (43,000 hours)..... With minimum up keep, like cleaning filters and just general care....

IF you have real concerns, try to find website of brand/model you have and see if there is any documentation on estimated "lifespan" and any scheduled maintenance procedures after "X" hours of operation...

Dale

Thanks, Dale. It looks as though I have quite a bit of time left on it, then. I looked at the hours on it and them promptly forgot the exact figure since I had nothing to compare it with - and of course, I thought to ask about it when I cannot check it.