Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Need help PLEASE Aim kiln operate

lonelybead
2010-03-11, 9:26pm
I am just a new member. this is my first post.

My Aim kiln 84bd just arrive me.
I haven't digital control and All I know how to annealing bead just from the forums, generous lampworkers who share their valueable knowledge + experience (Really appreciate).

I have read many Q&A and the kiln manual itself doesn't tell anything to operate it.
Could someone please guide me to operate its?

What I love to ask you is if I want to annealing bead (batch annealing)
I just switch the control level by level (1 - 8 ) ? start with "LO"
then cheack at pyrometer how temp it go and together with how it take time for?
till it reach 968 F...and THEN hold at that level for "soaking time"? for 30 mins
(or depending on how is diameter of the beads?)
in this state... Am I right the Temp will hold stable as long as I do not switch the level?
then after 30 mins past... I do slowly "ramp down" by switch it down till it read at pyrometer about 700F...so I turn the kiln off?
That is it should be? I know this is a longest question you have ever had ha ha...but Please help me.
(and I sorry for my poor english language)

Thank you so much
lonelybead

lonelybead
2010-03-11, 9:35pm
controler switch of Aim kiln 84bd

Kalera
2010-03-11, 9:56pm
It's been a long time, but I used to set mine between "medium" and "high" and it took about half an hour to get to annealing temp. I'd hold it there for half an hour, then gradually turn the dial down, pretty much just as you do.

The temp may tend to creep up on you, so you need to keep an eye on it.

GLASSFREEK
2010-03-11, 10:47pm
What Kalera said, just bring it up a little at a time over an hour till you hit anneal temp, leave it there a 1/2 hour then turn it down a little at a time.
when it hits 600 turn it off.

Mike

lonelybead
2010-03-12, 6:23pm
Hi..Kalera, GLASSFREEK, Thanks so much for your kind.
That made me more confidence, Im heading to the right way.
Thanks again

GLASSFREEK
2010-03-13, 9:44am
No problem.
Happy beading :)

Mike

Tabitha
2010-03-14, 1:25am
I have a similar kiln- think it's 94bd. When I first got the kiln I kept a record of time and temperature each time I used it. It helped me to know how long the temperature took to rise or drop, and what settings I needed to use.
Two words of warning- make sure your pyrometer is accurate (do this by checking it is the same as room temperature when it is not in the kiln) and be aware that if you need say 3 on the dial to garage beads you might still need to turn it down a little if you are making beads for hours.

lonelybead
2010-03-14, 2:34am
Hi Tabitha...Thank you very much for your kind.
I will keeps that in mind. That help me a lot.

lonelybead