Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : CIM colors

ShellyJo1969
2010-06-16, 11:31pm
I am ordering some CIM to try. I noticed that all of the colors have their own price and some of them are nearly double what the others are and I wondered why? Can someone educate me about that?

Michele

Kevan
2010-06-17, 12:37am
It has to do with what the metals and stuff are in the glass to make it that color. Some are much more expensive.

ShellyJo1969
2010-06-17, 12:42am
I guess I knew it had to be that deep down. Either that or it took a lot more effort chemically to get the desired colors. Yep , that makes sense.

Ellen Altamore
2010-06-17, 4:38am
I've gotten some CIM lately and the one I really like is Gelly's Sty. It's a great pink. The others I bought were quite similar to Moretti and Vetro - not worth the extra $$$.

J. Savina
2010-06-17, 4:58am
I don't have all the colors CIM offers, but the ones I do, I really love. My favorites are the Desert Pink, Pink Quartz, and Sangre. I've never seen these shades in Effetre glass. I don't mind paying a little extra if the colors are unique.

J.

crystalflipz
2010-06-17, 8:19pm
CIM Hades (black) and Peace (white) are way different from the Effetre and Vetro versions of those colors. Hades is a much denser black and is more reactive with silver than the other blacks while Peace is a stiffer, crisper white that does not puddle the minute you heat it. Mermaid is a true opaque teal that is not found anywhere else in 104. Some of the transparent colors like Sepia, Dusk, and Bluedini are also unique colors in 104 and IMHO are worth every penny.

JetAge Studio
2010-06-18, 8:15am
Yes, there are some really unique colors very much worth the extra money.

Kandace reviews the CiM beautifully (as well as the other glasses)....you might be able to compare colors better by seeing her examples (the link is to her latest color review) http://coloraddictionblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/glass-testing-cim-492-sherwood.html

Reenie
2010-06-18, 9:21am
Oh and don't forget "Leaky Pen" It's the only beautiful blue that that reacts with copper green, opal yellow and violet just like Pink Rubino does :-)
Canyon De Chelly, Crocus, Ghee...there are many that are my favorites!

BellaBean
2010-06-18, 12:24pm
Hades is a great black. I LOVE Sangre!!!! I get more every time a vendor has a good sale. Dirty Martini rocks too. I love the way it looks with black and white!

chrissij
2010-06-18, 12:39pm
I think the transparents are far more crystal clear than Effetre.

echeveria
2010-06-18, 12:55pm
And I love Lapis! and Olive, and Commando, and Dreamsicle, and Lipstick.

There really are some lovely colors that are not quite like other 104's. Except for the ones that require a separate annealing schedule, I regularly use them and like them.

Kevan
2010-06-18, 1:19pm
CIM's whole reason for being was to make the colors that the Italians don't make, to fill in the gaps in the palate. I love their colors.

Stoneground reacts with Ivory. The Sangre is the best transparent red. It always strikes and doesn't burn like the Italian reds or the Lauscha. I love Gunmetal. Gunmetal gets that silver sheen like DSP. YOu know that somewhat matte finish? Wonderful.

crystalflipz
2010-06-18, 7:22pm
The only problem I've found with CIM??? Once you start you can't stop, and there is no 12-Step program for CIM addiction - not that I want one LOL

myrdlebp
2010-06-18, 11:28pm
CIM's whole reason for being was to make the colors that the Italians don't make, to fill in the gaps in the palate. I love their colors.

Stoneground reacts with Ivory. The Sangre is the best transparent red. It always strikes and doesn't burn like the Italian reds or the Lauscha. I love Gunmetal. Gunmetal gets that silver sheen like DSP. YOu know that somewhat matte finish? Wonderful.

Poop, I thought Stoneground reacted like Ivory. I think the only Ivory I have is light, I may have a small piece of medium. That should be enough to test and see what it does, ya? *mutters, what a dumb ass I am*

Kevan
2010-06-19, 1:40am
No, you're not, you're a smart ass.;-)

It makes a brown line around it, kinda like silver glass except lighter.

woozles
2010-06-19, 4:23am
added to my list for the weekend: play with Leaky Pen and the reactives. I did not know that!

truegem
2010-06-20, 8:10pm
I did not pay attention to the price, but CIM's equivalent of transparent dark aquamarine does not bubble or fizz at all. I really like it. I also love their purples. And of course, where else can you find an olive green??? And their clear is wonderful! I could go on and on.....I LOVE CIM!

truegem
2010-06-20, 8:13pm
And I love Lapis! and Olive, and Commando, and Dreamsicle, and Lipstick.

There really are some lovely colors that are not quite like other 104's. Except for the ones that require a separate annealing schedule, I regularly use them and like them.

What? Which ones require a separate annealing schedule? Am I out of the loop?

Oh never mind, I did some searching. I see what you're saying. Darn this is the first I'm hearing about this. Seems there's always something to alter the fun part. Grr. =/