Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Flying with a torch

Mary K
2010-12-17, 6:11pm
I am going to go to a class in colorado (John Kobuki) and just wonder if anyone has recent experience with flying with a torch.
Can you? I read on the tsa site that gas torches are prohibited in carryon and checked bags. :cry:
I do not want to ship my torch after I have seen the shape recent boxes are delivered in here.
Anyone? I wish I could just bring it in my carry on, I would promise not to light it!:lol:

houptdavid
2010-12-17, 6:30pm
You should be able to check it as there IS NO FUEL

cheng076
2010-12-17, 6:33pm
When I went to AGI the first time there were two people who had hella times with their torches in carry on. I sent mine ahead packed really well. Get a box that is about 2" bigger than your torch in all directions. Got to Home deepot or Lowes and buy a sheet of the 1" insulation board. Put a square on the botton of the box. Put tape over the torch face. Put the torch into the box. Cut pieces for the sides and the top. Put in the side pieces. Fill the rest of the space with small chunks. Seal the box with, what else...duct tape! get another box that has about 1" space on all side from thr first box. Cut more foam and pack it around the first box in the second box. It will not break!!
PJH

LemonwoodStudio
2010-12-19, 3:18pm
I flew earlier this year with 2 torches (minus attached hose though the hose was in my suitcase as well wrapped seperately) in my checked luggage, packed in a box with lots of padding around them. I put a description and picture of what the torch was used for in the box and also at the top of my suitcase. They both arrived the other end safely.