Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Didi Lenses

emoon
2011-04-07, 6:34pm
I am having a time with my didyium lens. Clip-ons, they are really heavy on my poor skinny nose. Does anyone know if the manufacturers can coat plastic featherweight lenses? My nose bone gets so sore!!

scoutycat
2011-04-07, 6:57pm
these stick on magnifiers may help, depending on your perscription - http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=52602&cat=1,42207,42216,52602

emoon
2011-04-07, 7:06pm
Need the Didyium tint though.

Dragonharper
2011-04-08, 3:34am
Whale Apparatus has plastic clipons. I know what you are talking about though. My Ace 202 clipons have hit the floor several times because they pull my glasses off of my face. I went to fit overs.

emoon
2011-04-08, 7:47am
Will check out Wale, Thanks!! It is particularly difficult in the summer, when I sweat! My fit overs were a gift from a friend and while I love the idea, the weight is painful!!

Alaska
2011-04-09, 12:58am
Take a look at a didy shield. And it also works as a heat shield. Then use a pair of welding shade clipons if needed.

Blue Moon Glass has the shield.

gallerygal
2011-04-09, 3:02am
I gave up on the clip-ons for the exact same reason, my nose was so sore by the end of the day! Even my prescription reading glasses hurt my nose if I wear them for too long. I guess our noses weren't made for glasses!!

I have no idea if manufacturers can coat existing lenses. You can get prescription lenses made up in didymium (but my prescription changes every couple of years, so that's out for me).

In the end, I bought the didymium Optivisor. It's not an attractive look but I can wear my prescription glasses, have the didy protection and not have any extra weight on my nose.

The other glasses that I recently tried for a few very long class days, and liked enough to buy, were Phillips Fit Over ACE glasses (Amethyst Contrast Enhancer as opposed to didymium) - they're supposed to be a 'new and more comfortable' design. I can wear them all day without any nose dramas.

Good luck, I know how frustrating and painful it is.

Dragonharper
2011-04-09, 7:49am
I went to Waly World and got a cord to keep my fit overs on, works very well. It's got a slip thingy so that you can put your fit overs on the reach behind your head and tighten up the cord, they don't budge at all.

emoon
2011-04-09, 4:07pm
My fit overs hurt my nose, so I sold them, but before I did, my husband put a cord with piece of shrink tube on it, like an athlete's safety cord. It did it's job for keeping them from sliding down my nose, even in the hotest circumstances.

glvz
2011-05-01, 7:06pm
I use fit overs and find that if I wrap a bandana around my head and put the bows of the didys over it that it seems to take some of the weight.

PerfectDeb
2011-05-01, 7:08pm
one of the women in the class i did got her didy lensed put into some lightweight grandpa frames - the lenses dont exactly fit but it doesnt really matter - the frames are designed for oldies that dont like heavy frames

AmorphousDesigns
2011-05-01, 10:29pm
I had the same problem, skinny nose and pain. Solved with nosepad stick ons from the drugstore and snugging the cord to take a little weight off. Works like a charm. Good luck.

Lisi
2011-05-02, 12:01pm
I don't have much of a bridge on my nose and glasses just slide down all the time. I wear the plastic frame glasses without nose pads. The metal frame nose pad glasses hurt! I use the stick-on lenses for these didys and a adjustable cord to keep them on my face.

chimehk
2011-08-06, 12:49am
Have anyone try these polycarbonate eyeware? Are they lighter? What's the difference between the usual ACE202 glasses and the polycarbonate sodium flare eyeware?

http://www.phillips-safety.com/store/index.php?cPath=40_140