Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Suggestions - Affordable festival tent?

Francesca
2011-08-07, 6:52am
Looking for a white 10 by 10 festival tent with flaps for walls. I want to make sure I don't invest in a poorly made tent again. I had an easy up when I sold vessels and marbles back in the day. It practically blew away in a storm.

Used would be great too. I'm not having any luck searching...

Mark Parkinson
2011-08-07, 6:57am
try the Caravan tents at Costco mine has stood up for years of abuse and heavy winds

Cinnamon
2011-08-07, 8:57am
If you lived closer to me (I'm in Florida) I would sell you one of mine. Sam's and Costco sells tents for $200.00. They're a.o.k. But thewse tents need a little tweeking so that they not fly away in heavy wind and don't collapse on you when having a heavy rainfall.

To prevent (to a fair degree) a collection of water (rain) on the "roof" of my tent when having a heavy rainfall, I placed 2 - 4 hula hoops inside between the connected pvc pipes and the white vinyl cover overhead. I placed these in the center of the tent 's "roof" or wherever I saw water collecting each in a horizontal position. In a corner collecting rain, I placed the hula hoops at an angle (again, between the pvc pipes and the tent's vinyl layer.

To hold my tent down when having heavy wind, my son prepared for each corner of the tent (2 could do the trick if wind is less heavy) cement filled hollow thick-walled white cement "pipe." I don't know the proper terminology here. Before the cement dried, he pushed, in middle of the wet cement a 10 - 12" inch heavy duty screw. Yes, a huge screw (name?) so that then a strap with a buckle or a bunji cord could hookup to it. He placed one of these in each corner, sometimes only 2 corners. He wrapped the strap or bunji cord to my tent's corner pvc pipes (some tent's have metal pipes). These are very heavy cement posts... but they've saved my tent from flying away. You'll have less anxiety being better prepared for bad weather. I know because I've been through it!

If you would like pics of these home-made cement posts, I can shoot some pics for you later today (evening). Just pm me, alright?!

Good luck with your shows!
Neomi

Sheila D.
2011-08-07, 9:46am
I also have the tent from Costco,we love it,It's easy to put up and tear down.We use gallon milk jugs filled with water and bungeed on to tent for weights.