Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : New Macrame and Beads Tutorial - Shamballa Bracelet

HannahRachel
2011-10-17, 12:19am
I've had a lot of emails over the past few weeks asking about Shamballa bracelets, so I figured I'd better go ahead and write a tutorial about them while they were still trendy.

The "real" ones are inspired by Tibetan lore, but in the past year they have been worn by a lot of hip hop artists and have become immensely popular.

Here's my version - the "real" ones have less macrame and more beads, and I've never seen them done with lampwork (and why NOT?!), but I think you'll be able to adapt easily from the directions. The more beads they use, the less time they take to make, too!

This bracelet is super easy and the tutorial is for beginning beaders. I'm talking "I can cut some thread, but now what do I do with it" beginning level.

Its on my Etsy... 8 pages, $5.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/84039260/shamballa-beaded-macrame-bracelet

Judith Billig
2011-10-17, 12:49am
Oh, that looks cool. Sending my order through now :)
Thanks for sharing!

HannahRachel
2011-10-17, 6:14am
Thanks Judith - sent!

sortaflower
2011-10-17, 10:06am
Ooohh LIKE. I have been working with silk and knotting with lampwork, trying to find a nice way to make some non-metal lampwork jewelry. This is a fab looking bracelet, can't wait to try! (radiantmind on etsy)- just purchased- Jenelle

Reenie
2011-10-17, 10:43am
Hannah,
Do you have any regular macrame tutorials? My daughter wants to try it and when I was very, very young I used to do it. Now I can't remember a thing.
I'm on my way to get this but I need macrame help!

sortaflower
2011-10-17, 10:55am
got it, thanks! :)

HannahRachel
2011-10-17, 2:45pm
Hannah,Do you have any regular macrame tutorials? My daughter wants to try it and when I was very, very young I used to do it. Now I can't remember a thing. I'm on my way to get this but I need macrame help!

Hi Reenie:
This should show your daughter basic macrame. I see you purchased it while I was out, so I'll be sending it along in just a second.

HannahRachel
2011-10-17, 2:45pm
got it, thanks! :)
Glad it came through!

--------------
Edited to add:
Based on the discussion in the bathroom, I've decided to move some of the information we dug up about those bracelets over here with some links for your amusement.

Firstly, here's a link to some expensive ones:
http://www.kingice.com/Disco-Ball-Bead-Shamballa-Bracelets-100613.html
And here's a link Donna dug up ... don't they look the same? From China! Deb, I'm still interested in pricing on these.
http://jewelrieshop.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-212372293/Shamballa_Bracelets.html#products
Here's a really expensive one on that first site that cracks me up.
http://www.kingice.com/ROCK-GEMZ-Sterling-Silver-Enter-The-Dragon-CZ-Shamballa-Bracelet-P108881.html
And here's another one that Deb found!
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/471880101/Dragon_Stone_Onyx_Bead_Shamballa_Bracelet.html

First of all, these can be made of waxed linen, waxed cotton or hemp, but the natural fibers can wear more easily.
They can also be made of thin leather cording, which is super easy to work with, but can dry out.
I don't recommend polyester (which is what my sample is made of...C-lon) because it can unknot. However, you can BURN the ends of the poly cord instead of using glue.
You can get this stuff from your local bead store or firemountaingems.com or artbeads.com.

Secondly, you'll want some beads for your bracelet. The traditional ones use semiprecious. The "in" ones use what are called disco ball beads (we'll get to that in a moment). The sample I made used... LAMPWORK!

You'll also need some glue. That's pretty much it.

Okay, so back to those beads.

Here's a link that Donna found to the beads that are "in style" right now for them.
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/485433092/New_Style_Shamballa_Silver_Plated_CZ.html
And here's some that are already in the USA.
http://www.glitterize.com/pave-beads/round-beads/10mm/cat_109.html

zen-mom
2011-10-18, 5:33pm
Hannah!

This is what I have so far... but I'm kinda stumped. The end of the macrame parts end at just about what fits around my wrist, about 6-1/2"... should I undo part of the ending macrame, each section of macrame is about 1/2". So, I would have 5 sections of 1/2" of macrame and the two end sections would be about 1/4" + however much space the knots take up, then I would do the bar claspy part?

HannahRachel
2011-10-18, 5:55pm
Yup, that's exactly what I would recommend, Donna! It looks great so far!

Except for one part - if you are using C-Lon and just happen to be good with a match (heh! FIRE!) or have a thread burner, turns out you can actually burn those little ends so they don't come apart instead of using that ugly old knot I had in the tutorial. Also remember to add that spot of glue.

zen-mom
2011-10-18, 5:59pm
I don't know what this stuff is. The spools aren't marked in any way. I bought it at a show with some books on micro macrame. The ends aren't fraying at all.

Hmmm lemme see if I can find the books and the person who wrote them, I know she had a website. My books are in the store and I'm at home.

And, now, someone wants to buy this bracelet... so I think I'll wait to finish it, in case her wrist is bigger than mine. When I asked her, she said her wrist is size fat. :lol:

zen-mom
2011-10-18, 6:05pm
Okay, I guess it is C-lon. :lol:

Now I need a thread burner to add to the list. :)

HannahRachel
2011-10-18, 6:14pm
No! Don't get a thread burner! Grab a lighter instead. Well, yes, get a thread burner because they are awesome, but not just because of this project.

Don't forget to post a photo of it when its finished!

Oh! That's important and something I should add to the tutorial!

Here's how you can tell if your stringing material is a natural fiber or polyester: if you take a match (or lighter or thread burner) to it and it turns to ash, then its natural. If it melts and turns into a little blob, then its polyester (C-Lon is polyester). If you work fast, you can then smash the little blob flat against your working piece with something (not your finger) and it sort of "sets" the piece like a little knot. When we were doing this sort of thing in theatre, we used to use the metal flat part of the lighter.

And while we're at it, here's a guide that I don't exactly agree with on bracelet sizes:
Adult Bracelet Sizes
XS - 6.5 inches
Small - 7 inches
Medium - 7.5 inches
Large - 8 inches
Extra Large - 8.5 inches

Here's another photo of one I just finished using some blingy beads instead of lampwork. In this one I actually wanted to use a lot more beads, so I cut down the macrame between each piece.

zen-mom
2011-10-18, 6:28pm
Hee hee! Well, I don't mind being XS for *something*... :)

Thanks Hannah!

NurseCatie
2011-10-19, 4:02am
Yay! I just got your tutorial (and another one from your site....I had to stop looking!) Your work is incredibly gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!

Three Muses Glass
2011-10-19, 9:19am
I finished this one yesterday. It was really easy after I got the hang of the macrame part. I used to do a bit of macrame when I was a kid and forgot everything so I kept getting a spiral even though I had the directions right in front of me. lol So I taped one of the working cords and that one always went 'under'. Bam! Lightbulb moment. :lol:
Anyway, I didn't have any glue so the knots are temporary.

donia
2011-10-19, 9:52am
I just :love:love:love: that a few of you are sharing your efforts with Hannah's new Sharmballa Bracelet tutorial.;-) BeAuTiFuL work Donna and Rebecca.\\:D/ I have all the bead sets I've been purchasing from many of you just sitting around waiting for a project. I think this is it. Hannah, I'm dealing with a computer hard drive melt down:sad: at the moment,:pout: but we are researching for our next unit. On our return from a well deserved vacation:cool: beginning next week and the set up of a new system I'll be purchasing this one.;-) I'm hoping I can flip over another tutorial I purchased from you way back onto the new system. Hubby says he was able to retrieve most of my beadwork files on a safe mode.

Keep the pictures coming!!! I :love:love:love: to see everyone's bracelet eye candy.;-)

Hey, does this mean I need to start hoarding even more bead sets from you all? \\:D/

Reenie
2011-10-19, 9:56am
I finished this one yesterday. It was really easy after I got the hang of the macrame part. I used to do a bit of macrame when I was a kid and forgot everything so I kept getting a spiral even though I had the directions right in front of me. lol So I taped one of the working cords and that one always went 'under'. Bam! Lightbulb moment. :lol:

Beautiful! Okay so what kind of thread is that. I am on the hunt for some today hopefully locally :-)

HannahRachel
2011-10-19, 10:17am

Hi Rebecca! Lovely! Looks like you could use the melt-away method for those knots, too (see above).

If you keep getting the spirals, its a different bracelet, but its also pretty, so don't sweat it too much.

-----
All of today's orders have been sent and I have a bunch of errands I gotta run, so I'll be back later!

edited to add - KEEP THE PHOTOS COMING! I LOVE SEEING THEM!

Three Muses Glass
2011-10-19, 11:24am
Thanks everyone! And Donia, yes! Buy more beads!:lol:
Reenie, I bought that cord so long ago. I *think* it's cotton cord, it may be lightly waxed but I'm not sure. Definitely can't do the burned ends to finish, I tried. Anyway, when I bought it, it was being discontinued so it was pretty cheap. I wish I would have bought more black. The beads I used have 3/32" holes and the cord is either 1mm or 1.5mm. It's so hard to tell.

BellaBean
2011-10-19, 1:57pm
Great bracelets everyone!

Glad you decided to make a tutorial of this Hannah! I used to make bracelets like this in the 80's. I'll have to see if I remember how. If I don't, I'll definitely come buy your tut. The ones I've gotten from you were well written and easy to follow, so I'm sure this one will be just as wonderful!

Dreamcloud Designs
2011-10-19, 4:51pm
Great bracelets everyone!

Glad you decided to make a tutorial of this Hannah! I used to make bracelets like this in the 80's. I'll have to see if I remember how. If I don't, I'll definitely come buy your tut. The ones I've gotten from you were well written and easy to follow, so I'm sure this one will be just as wonderful!

Beautifully noted.

judejudejude
2011-10-19, 5:42pm
thank you, thank you, thank you. I just received mine and printed it off. i will be making beads this weekend and then the bracelet. Can't wait to see the results. your's and the ones that are posted on this thread are beautiful.
thanks again
judy

donia
2011-10-19, 6:29pm
Thanks everyone! And Donia, yes! Buy more beads!:lol:

Yep, it's all about stimulating the economy.\\:D/ Well, that's what I tell the hubby since that's his excuse when modding out his track car. I've been searching my stash. \\:D/ I really think I need more bead sets!!! 8-[

There's a set in tonight's S&T thread I like.\\:D/ Not round though. Anyone tried anything other than round beads? I'm sure the shape isn't an issue and will work towards a different unique look.

HannahRachel
2011-10-19, 6:48pm
What shape are they Donia? Mine are done with donuts and they work fine... I'll bet those gems in the gallery will work nicely, too. You're right, there are some lovely sets tonight (Wednesday).

rosebud101
2011-10-19, 7:06pm
I just ordered my tut! I can hardly wait to get it! I have a show this weekend. I'll probably make one when there is a lull in business! Thanks!

Over the Moon
2011-10-20, 7:01am
Wow Hannah - you never cease to amaze me with your up-to-the-moment tutorials, and general wealth of such varied talents! Here's my asymmetrical version this morning because I didn't measure it properly to start with...thing is, I used waxed Irish cord, which held the knots nicely, but kinda got a bit gluey with itself, and as you can see from the pic, little bits of dust just attach right to it! But it was quick, fun and easy, and a great way to use up some of my Boro beads.

Thanks Hannah - you totally rock! :happy::love:

Aurore
2011-10-20, 7:48am
Love these bracelets !! I've been trying to figure out what to do with all my little 13 mm lentils ... and my STASH of cording !! I think using lentil shaped will look alright, maybe make them more comfy to wear ... will post a pic when I get some done !
Thanks Hannah !! look forward to seeing my Tut !

MaryBeth
2011-10-20, 11:53am
Hannah, please put some more of these tutorials in your Etsy;)

Aurore
2011-10-20, 11:57am
I think she must have stepped out ... dang her !! LOL
I'm still waiting for mine to be sent, I have a million things to do anyway before I will allow myself to work on one .... one of those days/weeks !! :rolleyes:

HannahRachel
2011-10-20, 12:28pm
I just sent them! Let me know they all arrived okay, and keep the photos coming.

Take a look above at Val's (lovely, BTW). Looks like she's actually run all the cords through the center of the beads, which lets them spin more and actually is a better way to use beads you might have that are not round and donut shaped. If you take a look earlier on in the thread donia was asking about this:
Anyone tried anything other than round beads? I'm sure the shape isn't an issue and will work towards a different unique look.
Also, don't forget to show off your finished bracelets in the thread that was started in the Family room!

Also, I loaded more onto my Etsy shop.
--------

Spent the morning at the Circleville Pumpkin Festival. If you haven't experienced the Circleville Pumpkin Festival, you've missing out on a slice of Midwest craziness. Pumpkin everything - pizza, pie, ice cream, coffee, you name it. I was holding out for some tractor square dancing. The show has been going on since 1903 and even crowns a pumpkin queen. I heard it was on the front page of the Wall Street Journal this morning, but after 4 hours of incredible winds and rains and 40 degree weather my friend Lee and I closed up the booth. Brian will be taking over at 6 and the festival runs til 10pm tonight - the weather is supposed to be better by then.

BellaBean
2011-10-20, 12:31pm

Oooo! I love this Val! What a creative spin on the pattern!

rosebud101
2011-10-20, 2:55pm
Hannah, my tutorial has not yet arrived. Just thought you should know. I'll PM you my email addy, but it is the same as in my paypal address.

HannahRachel
2011-10-20, 3:14pm
Hi Mallory:
Sometimes my AOL account is a pill and goes to spam. I've sent from a gmail account as well as the aol this time. Let me know it has finally arrived.

Aurore
2011-10-20, 3:19pm
Thanks ! Looks good !! :p

rosebud101
2011-10-20, 4:15pm
Yes, it's here!!!!!! Thanks so much, Hannah!!!! This tutorial looks great!!!!! Actually, both tuts arrived at the same time!!! Thank you!

MaryBeth
2011-10-20, 6:10pm
I've got mine! Now I just need to make some beads with 1/8" bead holes.
Thanks!

Aurore
2011-10-20, 6:28pm
thought I would post here too ...
Here is one using 13 mm lentil beads. I used 1 mm leather for my middle with Hemp for my ties. I still need to glue/trim the ends off and make spacers to match.
Fun to make ... thanks Hanna !

HannahRachel
2011-10-21, 6:35am
Mary Beth - you can actually use a bead with any sized hole, you just have to make sure you can get the knotting thread through it.

Lorraine! I love that! Glad you posted in the gallery thread, too. I don't think I would have thought to pull both working threads to the inside of the bracelet. Genius! It helps showcase the beads without covering them in macrame thread.

I've sent out all morning orders. Let me know they've arrived.

Susan - your email bounced back. Is there another one I can use?

Judith Billig
2011-10-21, 8:42am
Hannah, I am assuming that the threads going through the beads can be thinner than the threads that you use to knot. Is that correct? (hoping here, because I'm using normally 1/16" mandrels and have quite a few beads already in my drawer that I would like to use for these bracelets).

HannahRachel
2011-10-21, 8:45am
Judith - the fiber that goes through the beads is the one that takes the real weight of the bracelet, so if its thinner, then is also needs to be the strongest. But yes, they can be different type cords.

Judith Billig
2011-10-21, 9:05am
Thanks Hannah. Good point about having to be strong. I'm thinking of thin leather.
I might have to get my "big" mandrels out ;)

MaryBeth
2011-10-21, 10:46am
Everyone's bracelets are beautiful! That's good news about the hole size. I usually use 1/16" mandrels also but I think I'll try some 3/32" sized holes.

I'm hoping to get a bunch of beads done this weekend. I'll have to see what I have that might be good for practice.

Aurore
2011-10-21, 12:50pm
Thanks Hannah. Good point about having to be strong. I'm thinking of thin leather.
I might have to get my "big" mandrels out ;)

In mine I used 1 mm leather cuss I couldn't get 2 strands of hemp thru my 1/8 hole beads ... and that definitely added strength to it.

And ankle bracelet ... good idea !

HannahRachel
2011-10-21, 5:24pm
Ankle bracelets ARE a good idea!

Oooh, you are using thick hemp, aren't you Lorraine? Can't wait to see the finished piece.

I've sent out another set of orders. Everything should be up to date now. Let me know if you are waiting on a tutorial.

And here's a teaser... I'm working on a Chan Luu Style bracelet with size 6/0 seed beads (4-6mm firepolish would also work OR Swarovski), a lampwork bead as the closure, 2mm leather and C-lon. That's all you need for it, so get your materials ready. It'll be in the Free Tutorials section soon.

Aurore
2011-10-21, 5:39pm
Yes, the hemp is pretty heavy, more so than I would like .. but was what I had on hand.
What size of C Lon are you using ?

ohhh what a teezzze alright, I made a couple of Chan Luu bracelets mix media, a few lampwork beads, then swarovski's ... can't wait to see what your doing ! I use a button for the closure, which I hate .. doh .. never thought to use a lampwork bead for it !

glassymom
2011-10-21, 6:22pm
will you be putting more in your shop Hannah? I went to buy and they were all gone :(

HannahRachel
2011-10-21, 6:42pm
Can't keep up with "you people!"
Thank you so very much.

I've reloaded and all sold orders are on their way. Please let me know if any of them have NOT come through.
-------

Lorraine - its just a super quick and easy one since they are enormously popular right now, too.
Take a look in the free tutorials section for a ladder stitch bracelet tutorial. Enjoy!

------
One more edit with a new Shamballa bracelet. See the gallery thread regarding the inspiration for it.

-----------
RELOADED the shop AGAIN! I have to fly out the door to Southern Ohio today, so tutorials won't be heading to their homes until this evening.

SerendipityArtGlass
2011-10-26, 9:51pm
Having never done any macrame before...I'm lost on working the "slider bar". The tut says to trim the working cords...to what length? Where are the directions for knotting the slider bar? It seems the tut just ends without explaining how to finish

HannahRachel
2011-10-27, 3:18am
Sounds like your tutorial didn't download properly, Marie. I've sent it to you again.

Trim the edges right next to the knotwork, then either glue or melt them as this thread discusses. Take a look at the photos in this thread to see what I mean.

SerendipityArtGlass
2011-10-27, 11:50am
I think I have it now. I didn't process the new piece of 18" cord and couldn't figure out what I was supposed to be knotting....I'm such a dufus sometimes! I'll cut some more cord and try to finish. So far so good for never having done it before. Thank you!

Reenie
2011-10-27, 7:38pm
yea i'm lost too. If you trim all the cords at the knot, then where are u wrapping up the 18 inch thread? I didn't trim and it was really hard to keep 4 strands on each side inside the slider. What am I missing???

I've noticed some pics in the jewelry gallery and they only have two cords at the end (which I'm assuming is the 18 inch piece but where are all the other threads?
help!!! lol

Reenie
2011-10-27, 8:00pm
Okay so let's see if I can say this easier now that I'm looking at the tutorial. I see you have 3 working threads and two outer threads. When you finished the bracelet, you knotted it and cut of just the two outer threads? So now you have 3 working threads on each side that you are going to attach the 18 inch cord to. So you work the slider and then what happens to the inner (3 original threads?) Where do you cut them? Then the 18 inch thread becomes the one's you put the beads on at the very end right? So if I use one thread for the inside then that's all I'll have to attach the slider to right? Does this make sense? I've got the bracelet made but the finishing part is kind of buggin the heck outta me! I'm such a visual person. Show me how to make it once, and I've got it. I hate reading it on paper lol....

HannahRachel
2011-10-28, 4:18am
Hi Reenie! You only trim the working cords, not the cords you had running through them. If you take a look at my first photo, you will see that I had three cords running inside those original beads (and inside of the working cords). These three cords lay across each other at the back and the slider knot goes over them. Since they come from both sides of the bracelet and cross each other, you will feel like you are working over six cords! These three cords are also what my final spacer beads are knotted on, one bead per end. The working cords for the slider knot are also trimmed. The reason the other photographed bracelets appear to have less cords inside of them is that they do! Instead of using three thin cords inside the beads, some people opted to use a thicker one.

blong2001
2011-10-28, 7:58am
I can't wait until I get paid! I never make jewelry and really want to try this!

SerendipityArtGlass
2011-10-28, 12:09pm
I can't wait until I get paid! I never make jewelry and really want to try this!

Hurry and get paid......this is fun!

glassymom
2011-10-29, 5:06pm
Ok, I hate to admit it but I am totally stumped. I'm sitting at my table with 4 pieces of cording cut and don't understand the starting directions............Can anyone help??
I don't understand how to start.......where does my knot go? do I start at the end? middle? I got confused when the directions says "now work on the other side"??
Please help!!
sue

janetcameron
2011-10-30, 2:01am
Hannah - not this tut, but I ordered the color one and haven't received it. Do you do e-tuts or snail mail?

Over the Moon
2011-10-30, 2:14am
Sue - You have to start at the middle. Here's a quote from the tut: Start at the center – thread your center bead on all of the center cords.

HannahRachel
2011-10-30, 2:35am
Hi Janet. I do email. I am in New Jersey right now but get home tonight and will figure out what went wrong.

Thank you Val!

alb6094
2011-10-30, 7:31am
Aaaargh, I finally got paid and you're on vacation Hannah, you're not supposed to do that to me! :lol: J/K

I'm setting my Etsy to notify me when you get back, I've already got beadies ready!

glassymom
2011-10-30, 7:41am
Thanks val, I finally figured that part out.....only took me 3 1/2 hours to part way finish one bracelet...........gosh I stink!
My other problem is not understanding the directons further down.....my bracelet spiraled
gosh I guess this is why I really dont' make any jewelry.....I can handle earrings and string beads on to a leather cord! LOL

It still looks pretty but now the part of the closure has me really worried. I didn't read the instructions yet....put it away and gave up for the night. LOL guess I'll pull it out now and give it a try to finish.

HannahRachel
2011-10-30, 7:58pm
Astrid - I just got home! It wasn't really vacation - I was teaching at Glass Stock East and then discussed going to teach for Carlisle next August. We have a great line-up of classes. I'll be ready to send new tutorials out tomorrow morning. Tonight, I'm going to catch up on LE and then have a cup of wine and SLEEP!

Glassymom - your piece spiraled because you forgot to alternate left side and right with your knots. If you always just go one way, it spirals all the way around and you can say you meant to do it!

Janet - found your email and re-sent the color theory tutorial to you. Let me know it arrived this time!

glassymom
2011-10-30, 8:36pm
Hannah,
As far as I could tell I was alternating..........but I dont' quite know if I was alternating in a wrong way or what??? I did left side then right side......I kept paying attention to that...and yet it was still wrong. oh well......what can ya do. My son has a friend that does macrame, maybe I can get him to help me sometime. LOL
I'll give it another shot in a day or two, see if it sinks in different

SerendipityArtGlass
2011-10-31, 2:41am
Hannah,
As far as I could tell I was alternating..........but I dont' quite know if I was alternating in a wrong way or what??? I did left side then right side......I kept paying attention to that...and yet it was still wrong. oh well......what can ya do. My son has a friend that does macrame, maybe I can get him to help me sometime. LOL
I'll give it another shot in a day or two, see if it sinks in different

It helps if you wrap a tiny piece of tape on your right cord. Then you always know it goes under. But I still haven't attempted the slider bar. I think it makes sense.

HannahRachel
2011-10-31, 7:06am
It helps if you wrap a tiny piece of tape on your right cord. Then you always know it goes under.

Good idea!

I've sent out this morning's tutorials and reloaded the shop!

glassymom
2011-10-31, 7:45am
Marie,
Ok, So are you saying the one cord, same cord is always under? well that makes some sense....... I will try the tape, putting it on the end will help me tons!

Has anyone tried disk beads? I made a set to try and then couldn't figure out how to put them on......

Thanks Marie!!
sue

HannahRachel
2011-11-02, 6:54pm
Sue - I'm in the middle of a new tutorial, but disk beads is a wonderful idea. I'll see if I can't figure something out with them this upcoming weekend.

Truewealth
2011-11-04, 5:09am
Hannah, your work is always beautiful!

All of the bracelets in this thread are gorgeous!

HannahRachel
2011-11-04, 6:27am
Thank you Mikelene! Have you seen the bracelets that are in the thread in the gallery? The ones that LE members made from the tutorial are absolutely fantastic, too.

I reloaded the shop again...

Truewealth
2011-11-05, 5:05am
Yes, I did see the gallery thread and just grabbed the last tutorial in your Etsy shop. :)

Time to reload, again!

Can't wait to try these!

HannahRachel
2011-11-05, 5:27am
I did, Mikelene! Thanks for the heads up - your tutorial should have arrived to you already.

Truewealth
2011-11-05, 5:52am
Got it Hannah...thank you!

HannahRachel
2011-11-10, 10:28am
I taught this class yesterday at the Gahanna Bead Studio and we had so much fun! We didn't use lampwork - we used small (6mm) bling beads and they came out really nicely.

Leslie Dana
2011-11-18, 12:02pm
I am having fun with this one Hannah!!

Reenie
2011-11-18, 2:17pm
Would you believe I have all the stuff and STILL have not sat down to make anything? I really suck!

Gelly
2011-11-27, 8:49pm

My second one, made for DD. :happy:

glasslass2
2011-11-28, 9:39am
Finally got one made! So much fun and pretty simple as I've never macrame'd anything. But I'm not satisfied with the way my knots look on the back. The glue I have is for crap and not holding. Can someone point me to a supplier for the watchmaker's glue? Tried googling for it but didn't really turn up much. TIA.

HannahRachel
2011-11-29, 9:52am
Gelly: It turned out great!

Reenie: You'll get to it!

Kat: g-S Hypo Cement should suit your needs just fine!
http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?pn=H201956TL

glasslass2
2011-11-29, 1:22pm
Thanks very much! Off to order.

pittypat
2011-11-30, 8:44pm
We all know that Hannah keeps up with what is new. Just wanted to tell you, HR, that I was looking at the vendors for Intergalactic next weekend near me. One of the vendors has listed in big letters that they sell a Shamballa kit for men and women's bracelets. And the bead shop I sometimes frequent has a class for the ladderstitch bracelet!!!

Thanks to you I feel way ahead of all of them!!

HannahRachel
2011-12-02, 7:02pm
Hi Pat! I know - just about every bead store has a version of it these days. But check it out - the tutorial is now called Bead and Macrame Tibetan Prayer Style Bracelet.

Why?
Check out the gallery posting:
http://lampworketc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3798488&postcount=120

opportunity-shop
2012-01-07, 5:01pm
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM5741600003P?sid=IDx20101019x00001 a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=SPM5741600003

I hope you can follow this link - it is from Sears advertising a $900.00 Shamballa Bracelet. I wonder if Shamballa Jewels is going to sue Sears?

HannahRachel
2012-01-07, 8:40pm
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM5741600003P?sid=IDx20101019x00001 a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=SPM5741600003

I hope you can follow this link - it is from Sears advertising a $900.00 Shamballa Bracelet. I wonder if Shamballa Jewels is going to sue Sears?

Oh lordy. I think that's almost identical to one that Deb found in her Chinese resources for something like $15.

---- edited to add...
No, it was Donna who found the link. Here it is again.

http://jewelrieshop.en.alibaba.com/product/522719203-212372293/2012_Fashion_Jewelry_Bracelet_Handmade_Crystal_Pav e_Bead_Adjustable_Shamballa_Bracelet.html

Teri.p
2012-01-07, 10:19pm
Ah, but the one from Sears has 6.75 total ct wt of genuine Russian CZs!

opportunity-shop
2012-01-08, 7:58pm
And reduced from $2100.00. Thank you so much Hannah for helping us stay on top of these great, OLD styles. I really did learn this way back when.
When I wasn't making jewelry, I was using the same knots with jute to make huge plant hangers -- I think I still have the rope burns. Fun then, fun now. Barb

HannahRachel
2012-01-08, 8:11pm
And reduced from $2100.00. Thank you so much Hannah for helping us stay on top of these great, OLD styles. I really did learn this way back when.
When I wasn't making jewelry, I was using the same knots with jute to make huge plant hangers -- I think I still have the rope burns. Fun then, fun now. Barb

LOL in re rope burn, Barb. I know, its absolutely rediculous that they should claim the name on something that has been around for such a while.

I can think of a million other things I would do with $2100, BTW. I wonder if they actually sold any at $900? Sears isn't exactly known for its high end clientel.

Tahoe Linda
2012-03-18, 12:02pm
Hannah, will you please add more of this tut to your shop? I'd like to buy it. Tank you!

HannahRachel
2012-03-18, 6:33pm
Hi Linda! I had a sale on leftover lampwork running in my Etsy store so had turned off all the tutorials for just 24 hours. Its amazing how many folks were looking for them during that time. But... its back up - here:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/84039260/beading-pattern-bead-and-macrame-tibetan
And still at $5.50!