Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Need a large banner for a show

Roo Blaty
2011-10-31, 8:34am
The lady I've been "working with" for a banner isn't coming through for me.
I have to explain everything to her...like why I use a fiery sunset photo for my Fire and Sand Studio logo. Or why I would want photos of my beads on the banner. :rolleyes:

The last straw was when she said the photos were making the file too big to work with :-s even though she'd been working with it. If that file was too big I think she doesn't have the right program and THAT makes me think she isn't really a graphic designer. (that and the fact that she sent me 2 proofs that were totally unbalanced and busy)

Sadly, now that I'm down to the wire in terms of time....I think I'm throwing in the towel with this gal. I need it within 2 weeks and someone had suggested Kinko's. (Kinko's just sounds like it will be expensive)

There was a company that Ginny had used online but they aren't there anymore.

Do any of you have a recommendation of someone you personally used and liked.

Thanks for your help!

artsyuno
2011-10-31, 8:41am
I had a sign made last year with esigns.com. It was a lot less expensive than Kinko or anything else I could find locally.

Roo Blaty
2011-10-31, 9:05am
I'll check it out, thanks! Are they fast? B/C I'm gonna need fast now! :lol:

LoriB
2011-10-31, 9:13am
I used this site and they have awesome prices and do a wonderful job:
http://www.just4banners.com/

I know when I did mine I was in a rush too and you can get them done pretty quickly if you're willing to pay the extra for it. ;-)

Hope that helps!

nevadaglass
2011-10-31, 9:24am
I just had a 3 x 6 foot banner made from these guys - it was fairly fast and very reasonably priced...

http://www.buildasign.com/

Roo Blaty
2011-10-31, 9:44am
Thanks you guys!
Will they design it? I don't have a program to do that. (Maybe I just don't have the skill!) :lol:

nevadaglass
2011-10-31, 9:47am
they have a design team but for a simple banner, just tell them what you want and send them the graphics.... - I didnt use graphics on my banner this time - just my co. name and website....I think I paid like 40 bucks and that was for like 6 feet!
The one I had done locally with graphics was like 200. This one was way cheaper and honestly looks way better. They both provide the same end result so you might want to seriously consider losing the graphics in lieu of time... just throwing that out there - mr mouth here!
/wink

Roo Blaty
2011-10-31, 9:50am
Yeah, I can probably do without the bead photos at this point.
But I have to have a sign, right!?

This is my first big show, I'm already a nervous wreck! I don't need this added stress of designing a banner. (I still have to figure out how to use my Square thingy!!! :lol:)

nevadaglass
2011-10-31, 9:56am
just remember to BREATHE! Best of Luck -

know the feeling - got an indoor show coming up in 2 weeks - spent last weekend playing with booth config and table placement outside on the patio to see what I could do to utilize 1 table and tons of merchandise!

Roo Blaty
2011-10-31, 10:05am
This is indoors, I don't really want to do outdoor venues...it's too windy here!

My fear is lack of merch...I have only done trunk shows. And they were at bead stores. So I didn't have to have jewelry made. Now I do! eeeeekkkkkk!!!!

What did you come up with as far as configuration? I have 2 tables. I'm wondering how I will fill them!!!! yikes.

nevadaglass
2011-10-31, 10:19am
ok so I was reading another poll on here that asked for opinions on booth configs and I have always done an L shaped config so that my table were inside the booth. kind of like this

aerial view 252202

I was reading that most customers dont like it and vendors dont like it as its hard to watch and no one wants to get caught in the corner with a rabid used car salesman. That one turned the light on - I have visions of our car dealers in town and ran screaming.

I am now going to try this at front of booth... I have 2 - 6 foot tables -
aerial view 252203

now to explain...each table is 6 foot and I intend to overlap so that you have a modified z - the tables are butted up to each other but on the left side, only 3 feet of the table sticks out, the other 3 feet on the right buts right up behind the front 6 foot table.

the Lines represent a 2 foot gridwall (6 feet high - one on each side) butted right up to the backs of tables so that I can place 3 shelves on each gridwall and save about 18 inches above the table for 1st shelf, then one 18 inches above that and one 18 inches above that - at the very top. The Shelves will be used to display display bowls on plate stands. The 2 lines at the back are 2 additional 6 foot gridwalls that will be used to display larger wall items ( a couple of my watercolors - no shelves just wall space)

view from the front of booth (minus the 2 gridwalls in middle at back of booth)

black reperesents the tables, red = gridwalls

cheng076
2011-10-31, 10:29am
Take the signature graphic you have here into a graphics program and crop off the beads. Find out what format the sign maker uses. Make a new file with the remaining graphic and take that to the sign maker. S/he should be able to use that or one very similar to make the banner.

Jenn L'Rhe
2011-10-31, 10:31am
Try ABR Imagry (a vendor here) they opened a new printing division. This is the regular website click the SIGNS, BANNERS etc tab on the left.

Great folks.....would rather give my money to glassy people that spend their money here.

www.dichroicimagery.com

Roo Blaty
2011-10-31, 10:39am

now to explain...each table is 6 foot and I intend to overlap so that you have a modified z - the tables are butted up to each other but on the left side, only 3 feet of the table sticks out, the other 3 feet on the right buts right up behind the front 6 foot table.

the Lines represent a 2 foot gridwall (6 feet high - one on each side) butted right up to the table so that I can place 3 shelves on each gridwall and save about 18 inches above the table for 1st shelve, then one 18 inches above that and one 18 inches above that - at the very top. The Shelves will be used to display display bowls on plate stands. The 2 lines at the back will be used to display larger wall items ( a couple of my watercolors)

Grid walls? Shelves! oh, yikes. I'll never have enough stuff to fill walls! :pout:

Roo Blaty
2011-10-31, 10:40am
Take the signature graphic you have here into a graphics program and crop off the beads. Find out what format the sign maker uses. Make a new file with the remaining graphic and take that to the sign maker. S/he should be able to use that or one very similar to make the banner.

Apparently my banner is too pixelated. #-o

nevadaglass
2011-10-31, 10:48am
you obviously sell more through out the year than I do! /wink - oh wait - just make bigger stuff - takes up more space!!

Grid walls? Shelves! oh, yikes. I'll never have enough stuff to fill walls! :pout:

Roo Blaty
2011-10-31, 11:08am
you obviously sell more through out the year than I do! /wink - oh wait - just make bigger stuff - takes up more space!!

:lol: bigger stuff!!
I think I just make my beads too slowly. Maybe I play too much? Like the other day I made pancakes, just so I could see if I could make a little pat of butter and syrup. :rolleyes:

phhhtttt....it won't load up...or I'd show you!

Flame Ryder
2011-10-31, 11:11am
I always get my banners made at Vista Print, on line deisgn, on line proofs and delivered in 7 days.

Mike...

nevadaglass
2011-10-31, 2:43pm
so - did you make a pat of butter??

.....now see what you really do is over-exaggerate the butter by throwing the whole stick on there - not just the pat and extra syrup - let it really run! - an extra 2 - 3 inches of space - gone! :fnwl: :hide:
:lol: bigger stuff!!
I think I just make my beads too slowly. Maybe I play too much? Like the other day I made pancakes, just so I could see if I could make a little pat of butter and syrup. :rolleyes:

phhhtttt....it won't load up...or I'd show you!

Lara
2011-10-31, 6:46pm
I used this site and they have awesome prices and do a wonderful job:
http://www.just4banners.com/

I know when I did mine I was in a rush too and you can get them done pretty quickly if you're willing to pay the extra for it. ;-)

Hope that helps!

I used this company and it was super easy and very quick. I downloaded the program they suggested (as the jpeg got too large for my photo) and then uploaded the file and hey presto, banner. $15

IksBeadedCreations
2011-10-31, 11:47pm
My husband and I have both used vistaprint for our banners. If you're interested, send me a pm with your email addy and I'll forward you the following email deal they've sent me, expires Nov 4th.

Small (90.2 x 50.8 cm) $0.99
Medium (120.9 x 76.2 cm) $22.49
Large (181.7 x 76.2 cm) $31.49
XLarge (242.5 x 76.2 cm) $42.49

Paper Stock:
Indoor vinyl is a 10 oz. lightweight, durable material best suited for indoor use. This white flexible material with matte finish is fade-resistant, tear-resistant, and flame-retardant.

When to Use Outdoor Vinyl
Outdoor vinyl provides increased durability to withstand variable weather conditions. It is fade-resistant, tear-resistant, and wind-resistant. Made of white, flexible material with matte finish and 15 oz. in weight.

Plus on the same deal they have a number of other items for 0.99 including premium business cards, calendars, lawn signs, magnets etc...

Roo Blaty
2011-11-01, 7:32am
so - did you make a pat of butter??

.....now see what you really do is over-exaggerate the butter by throwing the whole stick on there - not just the pat and extra syrup - let it really run! - an extra 2 - 3 inches of space - gone! :fnwl: :hide:

:lol: I'll try the whole stick next time!! :-P Not sure why I used yellow for the plate...guess it just looked breakfasty to me! :biggrin:

Roo Blaty
2011-11-01, 7:49am
I used this company and it was super easy and very quick. I downloaded the program they suggested (as the jpeg got too large for my photo) and then uploaded the file and hey presto, banner. $15

DANG! That's a cheap banner! I mean, cheap in a good way! :lol:

nevadaglass
2011-11-01, 7:59am
looks good enough to eat!!!
Oh - and thanks alot for making me think of pancakes - I'm at work, eating soggy instant oatmeal and you show me this!:-s

:lol: I'll try the whole stick next time!! :-P Not sure why I used yellow for the plate...guess it just looked breakfasty to me! :biggrin:

Roo Blaty
2011-11-01, 8:07am
:lol: sorry dude.... I make really yummy REAL pancakes, too. But doubt they'd ship well.
Oh, and thanks for the compliment!

fattirebiker
2011-11-01, 8:43am
I make banners and pretty much anything sign related. Let me know if you can't get it through your other sources. I have 54" full color digital printer and materials in stock for most needs.

crystalflipz
2011-11-02, 11:29am
I had mine done at Staples - took the image in on a jump drive in the morning and had the banner that evening. They had an in-store special running, price was really good and the banner looks great.

About your Square - one thing I discovered is that if you cannot get the cards to read, rotate the square until it is upside down in your phone and then flip the card over to run it through. I could not get anything to read until I did this, then had no trouble after that.

Good luck!

DarkFlowerBead
2011-11-03, 4:01pm
I really don't have a need for a banner at the moment but I could really go for some pancakes...good luck at the show roo. I just decided to make little black paper easle earring cards that stand up themselves, so that may take up space on the table. oh and I didn't come up with this idea, but i have a few types of earrings (silver wire, steel wire, silver posts) so I decided to use pink, blue and green stickers with my web page and logo, that way i can change the prices without remarking (pink stickers = $15, blue +$20 etc...) hope you do great
Cara

jaci
2011-11-03, 5:24pm
gotta say... I was surprised that a banner from Vistaprint was about 10-15$. They have outrageous shipping, but its free shipping if its over $50 purchase. Frankly it was easier to spend $50 than pay almost that for my order and the shipping....

I ended up spending up WAY to much time making cool signs and stuff with pre-made templates and playing with uploaded pics and such... But in the end, I did get a 3ft banner, a banner stand, 500 business cards (front/back printed), a free pen, free bumper sticker, free checks, $2 custom logo Tee shirt, and business customized free rubber stamp for about $53. I really was not going to get the stand for the banner ($35) but shipping on my $18 order in 14 days was $25 bucks... it was $16 for 21 day shipping.... (really...wtf is that all about!) So I added to it and got free 14 day shipping with this order. (discounted faster shipping was available too) I made sure to google coupon links for vistaprint (retailmenot is a great site for these things, thats how I got the $2 t-shirt). Not bad....

Roo Blaty
2011-11-07, 11:56am
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I will let you know if my banner is well done or not.
And Carol, thanks for the tips! Having Square working is REALLY important!
Cara earring cards and stickers...brilliant!! (come on over for pancakes anytime!)
and Jaci You are quite the shopper!! I wish I hadn't ordered b/f I saw your post! I love coupons!