Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Concentrator help needed!

shigee32
2006-05-03, 5:28pm
Originally posted in Family Room.... didn't know it should have gone here... I've come across a problem and can't figure it out!

Bought 2 concentrators and I have a minor torch. Everything's been working fine individually. Saturday I hooked it all up together so I could get back to boro. Everything worked great and the beads came out awesome! Sunday morning I turned them on to torch again and couldn't get a flame from my torch and did not feel an oxygen flow. Upon inspecting I found that both lpm meters on the concentrators were showing 0. Checking all connections, I found that where the 'Y' and green hose came together, the oxygen was leaking from the green hose, immediately past where it screws to the connector. (from the back end of the screwpiece) When I would loosen it, both concentrators would register lpms. Upon removing the connector from the green hose, I could feel the oxygen pressure from the connector. Thinking I had a leak in the green hose, I connected it back to my oxygen tank to see if it would still leak and I'd go get a new green hose (though this one is less than 2 months old). It didn't leak. I've been torching for 3 days with the green hose and no problems... leaving me to believe that there's a problem where the connector meets the green hose.

I just tried to hook something up again, since I'm out of oxygen now. Both concentrators register fine, even attached to the green hose... until I hook the green hose up to the torch. (removed it for testing everything) It also works fine through the skinny plastic tubing, until I hook that to the torch. Assuming as air is constantly going through the torch, there's no way to get a blockage. (works on oxy too, so can't be blocked!) Help!
Thanks!
Dawn