Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Indonesia dilemma

Jeannie D
2011-12-31, 1:50am
A great big Hi to everyone out there! I am new to indonesia as well as fairly new to lampworking. I have bought a nortel midrange torch and am excited about setting it up and getting started. ( I started on the hothead , propane setup in Canada when i first got going) Can anyone give me some advice about oxycons and fuel sources in indonesia?... Looking around on the net has only made me more confused! Is there a source for rebuilt oxycons or am I dreaming???
Any advice gratefully accepted, with all great wishes sent your way.
Sincerely
Jeannie D.

glasshouse
2011-12-31, 3:55am
Hi Jeannie, There is another Canadian ex-pat who lived in Indonesia for some time recently, here on LE. I think her LE name is glamgalglass. I can remember her cat's name but I'm drawing a blank on her first name. :) Maybe contact her by private message?

About the Mid-range, it is not the most oxygen-efficient torch. It would definitely need at least one M15 (but probably 2 to run well, I actually ran mine on tanked) or equivalent. It will not be fun to run on 5LPM machines. You may want to look for a torch designed to run with lower oxygen pressures & lpm. Even a Minor is going to be a huge difference from a Hothead and it is a dynamite little workhorse. I'd rather torch on a Minor (or any small torch) at 100%, than a larger torch at 30%. imho, of course.

I hope this is helpful to you! Welcome to LE! :waving:

:) Kelly

PerfectDeb
2011-12-31, 5:28am
She's not in Indonesia any more, she's in bogota

LemonwoodStudio
2011-12-31, 5:56am
If you are registered with a local doc maybe you could ask them if they know where a local oxy supplier is located?

Jeannie D
2011-12-31, 9:58pm
Many thanx for all the reply's. Maybe i will look into the minor. Had actually been advised to buy the midrange because i wanted to work with boro. I'm thinking australia is probably going to be closest info, supplier of all things glass related. However, having come to that conclusion, met a lady at new years party last nite who was telling me about beads made here in indonesia that were made with broken light bulbs???? I think i will avoid that one!
I will try to track glamgalglass, hopefully i will find her!
Happy new year and best wishes with many heartfelt thanks for your responses.
Jeannie D

LarryC
2012-01-01, 5:26pm
.You may want to look for a torch designed to run with lower oxygen pressures & lpm. Even a Minor is going to be a huge difference from a Hothead and it is a dynamite little workhorse. I'd rather torch on a Minor (or any small torch) at 100%, than a larger torch at 30%. imho, of course.

Good point and I would agree wholeheartedly.