Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : What is your favorite heart press???

Roo Blaty
2012-11-12, 11:01am
I need your help to find the right press. I don't actually KNOW all of the presses available so I thought I'd ask you all.

First let me say that I know how to make hearts without a press...but I'd like a press so I can make them faster AND more consistent in size.

I'm looking for a puffy or 3D kind of heart. Really, the one I love is the Carlo Dona heart press. But sheesh, I just don't want to fork out that kind of $$. http://www.spiralarts.com/products/pc/HEART-PRESS-65p402.htm
Plus the size I want is never in stock.

So is there a similar one for less??? :-k

For example:
This one is a little wide in the shoulders for my taste. But it's a cute heart and maybe it would work but it seems like it might be difficult to fill.
http://www.bavarianbeads.com/product_info.php?products_id=413

I like this one but it's not quite as "shapey" as the Carlo Dona one.
http://www.bavarianbeads.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_59&products_id=335

I love both Cattwalk and Zoozii presses and looked there first of course.
The Cattwalk ones are too V shaped for what I'm wanting. And Zoozii ones are too flat or the mandrel runs the wrong way.

Do you guys have a favorite heart press? (no fair bragging if you own the Carlo Dona tool! :fnwl:) :lol:

Roo Blaty
2012-11-12, 1:05pm
I guess it is possible no one uses a press...
and after looking at Kerri's bead again I wonder if maybe this one will work??
http://www.zooziis.com/sweetheartxl.aspx

Has anyone used this one ??? Or one similar?? Puffy-er???:hide:

truegem
2012-11-12, 1:17pm
Hi!
I like the second one the best, but if you like puffy, go for the third one. I've never owned a press like the first one. Well, I do, but it's a small rose...it's cute, but just so-so.
The 4th one is cute, but it looks like it's gonna be a flat heart.
I should buy a heart press, it takes me forever to shape one by hand.

purpledragonfly
2012-11-12, 1:28pm
I don't have a heart press, but I do have the skull press by Bavarian beads and love it.

Roo Blaty
2012-11-12, 1:32pm
Patti, that's it EXACTLY! I'm slow at getting the shape of the heart just so. That's why I want/need a press.

I wonder if I could add glass to the flat on to make it a bit puffy? Of course, that means shaping by hand which is what I'm trying to avoid....errrrrr

Autumn, did it take very long to get your press from Germany?

Daphnevz
2012-11-12, 1:40pm
Bavarian beads is german so a dutch supplier isn"t a problem i think. have you seen these?
Beadpress:
http://www.beadpress.nl/stempelwinkel/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=56&zenid=c470884f8f36c3eac74b30650334bdc5

Roo Blaty
2012-11-12, 1:45pm
THAT!!!!! That's what I'm looking for....now who translates for me????? :poke:

Roo Blaty
2012-11-12, 1:54pm
OMG! I want them all!!!!

Has anyone used these?? Show and tell pls!!

gemsinbloom
2012-11-12, 2:21pm
I want them all too lol

Just look at the top right hand corner and click on the US flag for translation. Thanks for tempting me haha

Janetlee
2012-11-12, 2:41pm
I have the puffy twin heart 32mm from bead press.nl Awesome press.
Janet

Roo Blaty
2012-11-12, 2:49pm
Oh boy! It's good to have friends who can help me decide!!

How about these?
http://www.beadpress.nl/stempelwinkel/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=56&products_id=797&zenid=c470884f8f36c3eac74b30650334bdc5

not too big and not too small....

Daphnevz
2012-11-12, 3:09pm
I have both the puffy ( almost wrote fluffy) trio. That lush one looks nice. In my experience the ones i have use less glass than i think they do andsomehow that won.t stick in my mind.the point of the hearts are thinner than they look

Steffi
2012-11-12, 3:15pm
I have this one in XL: http://www.bavarianbeads.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_59&products_id=337

It's a gorgeous shape and sells very well. Makes wonderful pendants!

Roo Blaty
2012-11-12, 3:16pm
Daphne, I was wondering if the puffy ones too a huge amount of glass or now. That's why I was leaning now toward the lush...grrrr...I'm back to wanting them all!!! :lol:

Roo Blaty
2012-11-12, 3:18pm
Oh Steffi!!! Wow!!! I love them, especially the one you are holding! What pretty colors!

Steffi
2012-11-12, 3:24pm

The shiny one has several silver glasses over kugler silver brown. Swirled and reduced.

Lyssa
2012-11-12, 3:44pm
Ooh, I like the shape of the Bavarian ones. How in the world will I ever get one?! :)

Steffi
2012-11-12, 3:46pm
Write a mail to Manuela, she's a very nice person. I'm sure you can find a solution :)

CoastalBeads
2012-11-12, 4:21pm
http://juliefountain.blogspot.co.uk/2010/07/hearts-of-brass-make-hearts-of-glass.html

Julie does some fab heart beads, she wrote a blog page that shows lots of heart presses and the beads they made, take time to read her blog loads of great info can be found also there is a heart tutorial that I really need to try.
Personally I have 2 favourite heart presses http://www.bavarianbeads.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_59&products_id=337 and D in Julie's blog which is no longer available

http://juliefountain.blogspot.co.uk/

caliente
2012-11-12, 4:24pm
Great thread! I'm not a heart sort of person but my dog walker is interested in having me make heart beads for her clients who have lost dogs. I'm liking the shape of the Bavarian one. I wonder if it's cheaper for all of us who want presses to order together to get them to this side of the pond.

Heather Behrendt
2012-11-12, 7:23pm
Great thread! I'm not a heart sort of person but my dog walker is interested in having me make heart beads for her clients who have lost dogs. I'm liking the shape of the Bavarian one. I wonder if it's cheaper for all of us who want presses to order together to get them to this side of the pond.

If anyone decides to do this, I know I would be interested.

bbisker
2012-11-12, 8:27pm
There was a previous bulk buy from Bavarian Bead press. Perhaps someone will decide to try it again (I'm not volunteering, LOL)

tammydownunder
2012-11-12, 9:18pm
Corina posted this yesterday on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHxjqQwWptA&feature=results_video

Lyssa
2012-11-12, 9:19pm
Write a mail to Manuela, she's a very nice person. I'm sure you can find a solution :)

No, I meant I have no money! :)

Lyssa
2012-11-12, 9:29pm
Wow, already 200-something views. LOL

Corina posted this yesterday on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHxjqQwWptA&feature=results_video

suzanne
2012-11-13, 1:58am
THAT!!!!! That's what I'm looking for....now who translates for me????? :poke:

If you need help translating a bit on her website, drop me a pm and I'll translate it for you :)

Roo Blaty
2012-11-13, 5:06am
If you need help translating a bit on her website, drop me a pm and I'll translate it for you :)

Thank you! I wrote her a note in the place she provides and then thought, "Wow, why do I always assume people speak English"? ](*,)

So thanks! I may take you up on that as I wanted to see if she could make the mandrel holes a bit larger. You're the best Suzanne!!

Roo Blaty
2012-11-13, 5:23am
Great thread! I'm not a heart sort of person but my dog walker is interested in having me make heart beads for her clients who have lost dogs. I'm liking the shape of the Bavarian one.

Oh, that is sad and sweet. But it brings up the point that customers want, for various reasons, the heart shaped beads.

I like the heart shape to decorate with scrolls and vines but I never considered myself a "heart person" either. And I never made a red heart...that is until I discovered the most beautiful red from Lauscha ... yum!

I made 5 hearts (which is a LOT of ANYthing for me) out of the Lauscha red and decorated them with SIS vines and maybe a murrini here or there. I'm not sure if it was the color or the shape but they ALL sold at BeadFest. (My first "real" show!)

My point to all that is, at least for me, hearts take too long to shape by hand. Maybe I work too slow or maybe I'm too particular about the shape. At any rate, to get them quicker and a nice, consistent shape I need a press. (presses?????) :lol:

Roo Blaty
2012-11-13, 6:01am
Karen, thanks!!! I looked and looked at her blog yesterday but never found the part about the hearts. Of course, I never got to 2010! LOL

I want the ones that aren't available. :pout:

Lyssa, you live in Hawaii....you aren't allowed to whine. :fnwl:

Oh and that video that Corina posted only makes me want a press more.:grin:
Like I said at the beginning ....I do know how to make a heart without a press. But you see it took her almost seven minutes to make a teeeeeny-weeeeny heart. I make them much larger and it seems like it takes for-ev-errrrrrrr.

If I work on something for too long, it usually ends up having a face. Hey...if I made a scary face on a heart could I call it "heart attack"?? I had a hollow heart with a hole in the side that I called "heart murmur"......

Diane (clarus)
2012-11-13, 8:58am
FYI, if you are looking for a Carlo Dona heart press there is one on eBay right now for $139. I happen to see it and hope someone from LE can grab it . Search on Carlo Dona.

Ali Oops
2012-11-13, 9:32am
Roo seems to me at the time I ordered my skull press De at glasszone (I think) had asked Manuela to place the mandrel holes differently just for her....so she does some make special :)
Good luck-

tnehlers
2012-11-13, 10:01am
I have the beadpress puffy trio and love it. I tried to get the link but it appears her site is down right now.

Roo Blaty
2012-11-13, 10:10am
I have the beadpress puffy trio and love it. I tried to get the link but it appears her site is down right now.

Hey there, Teresa! Long time no type, or something....I'm glad you saw that, I tried today to check my account and see if they had any info for me but I couldn't get onto their site. I just thought it was Verizon messing with me again. :confused:

Roo seems to me at the time I ordered my skull press De at glasszone (I think) had asked Manuela to place the mandrel holes differently just for her....so she does some make special :)
Good luck-

Thanks Lois, I did notice their site even says something about accomodating different sizes or orientation of mandrel holes. And I DO want to order a couple presses from them as well....but I just don't think they need my entire DOB. That's just too snoopy.

How can I successfully lie about my age if I have to keep writing it down everywhere???\\:D/

Lyssa
2012-11-13, 11:44am
Lyssa, you live in Hawaii....you aren't allowed to whine. :fnwl:

I know it's weird that I consider myself *stuck* here and don't WANT to live in Hawaii, but where I came from is my own idea of "paradise". Just wish someone could trade with me. :)

Roo Blaty
2012-11-13, 12:14pm
Can you see me holding my hand up???? :poke:

tnehlers
2012-11-13, 12:51pm
Hey there, Teresa! Long time no type, or something....I'm glad you saw that, I tried today to check my account and see if they had any info for me but I couldn't get onto their site. I just thought it was Verizon messing with me again. :confused:

No, I think it's their site. It is still down.

BTW - your profile picture is beautiful! I love that view.

Daphnevz
2012-11-13, 1:59pm
I think the site of maria-louise is hecked or something . I got some weird text.
Crappy photo's of even more crappy bead but you get an idea of the middle size from the puffy heart trio:

Roo Blaty
2012-11-13, 2:09pm
No, I think it's their site. It is still down.

BTW - your profile picture is beautiful! I love that view.

:lol: Thanks!! At first I thought you were talking about the "stalker" picture of me in front of Stephen King's house!! :biggrin:

I think the site of maria-louise is hecked or something . I got some weird text.
Crappy photo's of even more crappy bead but you get an idea of the middle size from the puffy heart trio:

Oooooooooh! That is such a perfectly puffy little heart!!!
I emailed her about the problem and got an email back:

Unfortunately the hosting company changed servers and didn’t tested properly if my website worked on their new server.

I hope to have this settled tomorrow so everybody can log in again.

Poor thing, that's such a bad deal considering her business is ONLINE.

Daphnevz
2012-11-13, 2:26pm
[QUOTE=Roo Blaty;4161448]Thank you! I wrote her a note in the place she provides and then thought, "Wow, why do I always assume people speak English"? ](*,)

Maybe because a lot of us do in europe ( at least in the netherlands)

purpledragonfly
2012-11-14, 5:43am
Bavarian beads will put the mandrel guides in both ways if you want, you just have to let them know thats what you want. I can't really tell you how long it takes to get your order from them as they were on vacation when I ordered mine so it took longer than normal. But I would say it took 2 weeks probably.

Mitosis Glass
2012-11-14, 6:24am
http://juliefountain.blogspot.co.uk/2010/07/hearts-of-brass-make-hearts-of-glass.html

Julie does some fab heart beads, she wrote a blog page that shows lots of heart presses and the beads they made, take time to read her blog loads of great info can be found also there is a heart tutorial that I really need to try.
Personally I have 2 favourite heart presses http://www.bavarianbeads.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_59&products_id=337 and D in Julie's blog which is no longer available

http://juliefountain.blogspot.co.uk/

Wow! Thank you for this link! She really knows her hearts and heart presses. :D

Katie
2012-11-15, 9:31am
UCBC press by a person named Cindy (Had twin boys) from Edmonton, Alberta
Canada had some very nice bead heart presses that made the puffy ones.
No longer made but a nice one to get if you ever see one for sale.
Katie

Katie
2012-11-15, 10:10am

The Cindy heart press

Katie

Roo Blaty
2012-11-15, 12:37pm
Sooooo....wanna sell it? :poke:

Katie
2012-11-15, 12:51pm
No-it was a real challenge to get used to it. Especially the largest one. What I like about it
is that you can use it vertical or horizontal.
Katie

Roo Blaty
2012-11-15, 3:29pm
Yes I noticed that! VERY clever!

What was the hardest part, if you don't mind me asking???

Katie
2012-11-15, 6:32pm
Adding enough glass to the sides and front to get it puffy without it squishing through where the holes would be. Just a lot of practice.
Katie

bseibenhener
2012-11-17, 11:14am
How long does it usually take for Bavarian Beads to answer an e-mail? I sent an e-mail 2 or 3 days ago and haven't heard anything. I didn't know if they were on holiday or something like that. Just wondering?

Roo Blaty
2012-11-17, 2:35pm
Ok, I'm crazy I guess. I couldn't make up my mind which I liked better, the German press was flatter but a really nice shape and area for decoration and the ones from Holland were so cute and puffy...so I ordered from both.

Since I ordered the same day I will be able to tell who sends quickly. Also, I'll know who has better communication/customer service.

I've never heard from Manuela except the auto replies.
But Maria wrote me back right away. However, Bavarian has already sent an email that states the order is in progress. Which I guess could mean anything. :lol:

caliente
2012-11-17, 10:37pm
I did it....pulled the trigger on the Bavarian Bead :love:. I've got a question in as to whether she will do a custom one with two sizes. If not, it's the 30 mm heart real 3D (M).

WARNING: If you are going to the Bavarian Beads site for your heart press, get in, get your heart, get out. Otherwise, 4 presses later, you may end up doing some serious damage to your credit card. You've been warned...

FosterFire
2012-11-18, 8:49am
I use the Zoozii's but then I let the flame round the shape for me.

Roo Blaty
2012-11-19, 9:46am
I did it....pulled the trigger on the Bavarian Bead :love:. I've got a question in as to whether she will do a custom one with two sizes. If not, it's the 30 mm heart real 3D (M).

WARNING: If you are going to the Bavarian Beads site for your heart press, get in, get your heart, get out. Otherwise, 4 presses later, you may end up doing some serious damage to your credit card. You've been warned...

:lol: Bwahahahahaaaaaa...and yes, you are correct. :-|
Same with Beadpress. (Just so you know)

Also, I never heard from Manuela personally but did get an auto-reply that my pressES are on the way. She never answered my question about the mandrel size.
Maria did AND personally let me know that my PRESSES from Holland are on their way as well.

caliente
2012-11-19, 4:17pm
Manuela got back to me today and let me know that I could customize the heart press. Hoping it doesn't take long to do bc I'm excited to get them!

I tried the Dutch website a few times and it was down so I couldn't comparison shop.

MrsD
2012-11-19, 6:41pm
I have this one in XL: http://www.bavarianbeads.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_59&products_id=337

It's a gorgeous shape and sells very well. Makes wonderful pendants!

I have this press as well - & it was because of Steffi posting that exact same pic about 12 months ago that I bought it :lol: .

I love Bavarian Beads presses I have a few of them now. The only one I don't like is the star one, don't know why, I just can't get it right. The orders only ever take a couple of weeks to get to Australia from Germany, so I would imagine it would take about the same to the US/Canada.

Roo Blaty
2012-11-19, 8:09pm
Robyn, that's as good a reason as any to order a press! :lol:

Caliente, I'm jealous she talked to you! :pout: But my presses are all on the way!

I thought that Maria had her site back up? You still can't get on? They are awesome and puffy! (you really need presses from both sites!!)

caliente
2012-11-20, 5:07am
Nope, still can't get in to Maria's.

Manuela from Bavarian Beads got back to me again. Since there was room for a third cavity on the custom press I ordered, she added it at no charge. Shipping at the end of the week. I am one happy customer!

bseibenhener
2012-11-20, 7:11am
I ordered from Bavarian Beads and got a reply the order was in process. You gotta love Google for translating!!!!!

Thank you PurpleDragon for mentioning you could get the mandrel guides both ways. Saved me some money!!!!

theglasszone
2012-11-20, 9:33am
I re-ordered a custom Skull Press from Manuela...yeah, I know...here I go again! :lol: and she can do amazing things in altering the size, mandrel position and diameter. I mostly make BHB's, so I had her make the mandrel slots larger! She's just great like that! Payment was sent on the 12th, so I'm figuring it will be a couple weeks getting to me, but I know her great quality so I'm sure my patience will pay off...

:)

Roo Blaty
2012-11-20, 10:22am
Dang! I wish I could have asked Manuela to make the mandrel run both ways! Poooh...oh well, they will still be pretty awesome. I hope the mandrel holes are bigger though, like I had asked about.

I really felt bad that the site in Holland was down since some of you were wanting to see it so I emailed Maria Louisa and she sent a couple of replies. This might help if some of you wanted to check her heart presses out. Here are her replies:

My friend Miriam Steger, she is my website person, is back from vacations this weekend so somewhere next week the website will be up and running again.

Oh forgot to mention, but I have an Etsy shop too with some of the heartpresses there.

But because it’s in dollars (never know the exact exchange rate and it differs from day to day) think the total price will be a little more than at my regular website.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/GlassBeadSculptress

I’ll see if I can add all my heartpresses in my etsy shop too tonight.

Kind regards,
Maria Louisa[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=bseibenhener;4167445] You gotta love Google for translating!!!!QUOTE]

Yes indeed! :lol:

Lyssa
2012-11-20, 11:26am
Does me no good if they don't show a picture of a sample bead made from the press. I can't tell what it's gonna look like just by looking at the press. :\

http://www.etsy.com/shop/GlassBeadSculptress

ETA to fix quotation.

Roo Blaty
2012-11-20, 12:02pm
Did you see this?

She has some hearts made from just about every press. Even some that aren't available...which is just mean! :lol:

Lyssa
2012-11-20, 12:24pm
OMGOMG! I want C! I want C!!! (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_B_JDEgnHjBk/TDmVDTwRdjI/AAAAAAAAANE/_yoIEIGSY7I/s1600/P1050269.JPG)

(Can you tell I'm excited?)

Did you see this?

She has some hearts made from just about every press. Even some that aren't available...which is just mean! :lol:

Roo Blaty
2012-11-20, 10:36pm
:lol: see what I mean?!

Roo Blaty
2012-11-21, 8:20am
I ordered C from Manuela in Germany and Puffy trio from Maria Louisa in Holland.

Now to try and not stalk the postman!

gemsinbloom
2012-11-21, 8:41am
Which Lauscha red did you fall in love with? I need to explore my Lauscha stash again.

Oh, that is sad and sweet. But it brings up the point that customers want, for various reasons, the heart shaped beads.

I like the heart shape to decorate with scrolls and vines but I never considered myself a "heart person" either. And I never made a red heart...that is until I discovered the most beautiful red from Lauscha ... yum!

I made 5 hearts (which is a LOT of ANYthing for me) out of the Lauscha red and decorated them with SIS vines and maybe a murrini here or there. I'm not sure if it was the color or the shape but they ALL sold at BeadFest. (My first "real" show!)

My point to all that is, at least for me, hearts take too long to shape by hand. Maybe I work too slow or maybe I'm too particular about the shape. At any rate, to get them quicker and a nice, consistent shape I need a press. (presses?????) :lol:

Lyssa
2012-11-21, 12:27pm
Ok, how do I get it and how much will shipping cost me?! :(

:lol: see what I mean?!

JKC
2012-11-21, 1:24pm
My favourite one, is my hearts and grooves, sadly no longer available, although one came up for sale here not too long ago, so whoever got it was very lucky. They are small and not too puffy. In the UK, in the last month one sold for £155. My second favourite is bavarian bead 3d, which are a very popular size and work very well with the small ones.
Had a puffy one, but wasn't keen, so only made one bead with it and sold it on.

Janet

caliente
2012-11-21, 4:25pm
:lol: Bwahahahahaaaaaa...and yes, you are correct. :-|
Same with Beadpress. (Just so you know)

Also, I never heard from Manuela personally but did get an auto-reply that my pressES are on the way. She never answered my question about the mandrel size.
Maria did AND personally let me know that my PRESSES from Holland are on their way as well.

So spill, Roo - which onES did you order??

I ordered a large ammonite, a skull, the hearts and a dog bone :) Excited to get them.

Roo Blaty
2012-11-23, 1:02pm
Which Lauscha red did you fall in love with? I need to explore my Lauscha stash again.
Christmas red is lovely but my favorite is Radiant Red. It's just fabulous!!

So spill, Roo - which onES did you order??

I ordered a large ammonite, a skull, the hearts and a dog bone :) Excited to get them.

1 x moldin press "Bavarian Heart M real 3D"NEW!
- dowel pins: with $63.55
1 x moldin press "Bavarian 3D Cross"NEW! $63.55

Kicking myself for not ordering the darn skull!!!!! But I think 63 bucks is realllly high for a press that makes only one shape. That's what's kept me from ordering from them until now. But after searching...I REALLY couldn't find hearts like the ones from Bavarian and BeadPress! And I just hate shaping them by hand. Also, hate shaping crosses by hand. I think this cross press will be super hard to use until I get the hang of it but crosses are my downfall. I can do round beads easier than a decent cross. And I HAAATE doing rounds! :lol: (just ask Ginny)

Oh yeah, and I also ordered The Puffy Heart Trio and the Love Triangle (I think!) from Beadpress in Holland. I like that their prices are more in line with what Cattwalk and Zoozii's charge.

Roo Blaty
2012-11-23, 1:36pm
Ok, how do I get it and how much will shipping cost me?! :(

Shipping from Germany was $12 something...12.95 I think.
I'm not sure what it was from Holland but my bill for 2 presses was about 18 bucks less than 2 presses from Germany. Keeping in mind that the presses were a bit less, I still think shipping may have been less, as well. Or maybe it's included in the price?

Can I stalk the mail guy now, ya think???

caliente
2012-11-23, 2:08pm
I agree, Roo - the prices are a bit high but I loved the shapes. And I was able to talk my self into it with the old "well....if I'm going to pay for shipping from Germany, may as well make it worthwhile". I think you're right that the cross press will be a bugger to learn. I'm sure once you get on to it, you'll be pleased with the results though. I still can't get on to the Dutch site.

I think my shipping for four presses from Bavarian Beads to Canada was 18 euros. Lyssa.

Roo Blaty
2012-11-23, 3:01pm
Well, I almost did that but I HAD to have those PUFFY HEARTS!!!
So, since I was ordering two more presses from Holland...I just couldn't get that skull. :pout:

caliente
2012-11-23, 3:12pm
I hear you. It was easier to look at the pricing in Euros than in dollars - didn't seem so bad.

I ordered the half-skull. It looks like it will make great sugar skulls for Day of the Dead pieces. Picturing skulls for Halloween, Santa skulls, skulls for my nephew for Christmas. Hoping that I'm happy with it. I want to stalk the mailman too!

Roo Blaty
2012-11-23, 3:16pm
If you aren't happy with it...there's a buyer in TX for you! :lol:

Ali Oops
2012-11-23, 3:45pm
I love the skull press too...it takes a little time to figure out how much glass you neeed but the results are way cool. I got the flat back style also, I figured it would lay better as a pendant that way.
Roo you made me get out my heart presses and play....I used Cherry Red/ Bullseye and I love the rich color. So glad you made your decisions look forward to seeing you post in the Gallery :)..you go gurl!

Sheila D.
2012-11-23, 9:43pm
Did you see this?

Thanks for this! I have a puffy heart press, but I like the flatter fat one too. (C)

Roo Blaty
2012-11-24, 9:34am
I love the skull press too...it takes a little time to figure out how much glass you neeed but the results are way cool. I got the flat back style also, I figured it would lay better as a pendant that way.
Roo you made me get out my heart presses and play....I used Cherry Red/ Bullseye and I love the rich color. So glad you made your decisions look forward to seeing you post in the Gallery :)..you go gurl!

Dang Lois...You remind me of Pia (who seems to have every press ever made! :lol:)

Yes, I agree. I think the flat back one would be a better pendant, too.

Thanks for this! I have a puffy heart press, but I like the flatter fat one too. (C)

Sheila, I keep wondering if lately she is having a feeling like people are talking about her. :-D I thought the flat one would be good to decorate and probably lay better as a pendant. But I just LOVE those puffy hearts.

Roo Blaty
2012-11-24, 10:28am
Woooot! Look what Postman-Santa brought me today!
The pkg was all beat to hell and back but the presses are safe and sound!\\:D/

Mailed on the 19th and arrived on the 24th...You Go Holland! Big shout out to Maria Louisa!!! :koolaid:

caliente
2012-11-24, 12:06pm
Oh! So jealous!! Those are beautiful. What fast shipping. That's great.

Stalking the mailman in Canada,
Melody

gemsinbloom
2012-11-24, 1:30pm
Awesome! did you order from Etsy since their www site is down? I am still waiting for their www site to be working once again.

Sheila D.
2012-11-24, 2:25pm
Here's a couple I made with the puffy heart press...

gemsinbloom
2012-11-24, 2:26pm
lovely hearts Sheila!

You guys are driving me crazy. I need a heart press haha

Sheila D.
2012-11-24, 2:42pm
Thanks Jacqueline! I want that flat one too..it just looks like a classic heart. And "you know what" is right around the corner.

gemsinbloom
2012-11-24, 2:55pm
Which one is flat Sheila?

Roo Blaty
2012-11-24, 4:14pm
Well...I'm not Sheila, but it's C...from Bavarian.

Roo Blaty
2012-11-24, 4:15pm
Oh! So jealous!! Those are beautiful. What fast shipping. That's great.

Stalking the mailman in Canada,
Melody

If I weren't making the Thanksgiving Gumbo, I'd be making hearts!!!
Stalk away :biggrin:

Roo Blaty
2012-11-24, 4:17pm
Awesome! did you order from Etsy since their www site is down? I am still waiting for their www site to be working once again.

Nope, J., I must have crashed their site :pout:
I ordered from them and she has been down ever since. :hide:
:lol:

Roo Blaty
2012-11-24, 4:19pm
Here's a couple I made with the puffy heart press...

Lovely examples of exactly why I wanted these PUFFY HEARTS!!!!

Thanks for posting, Sheila!!

Sheila D.
2012-11-24, 4:21pm
This is "C" I think...
http://www.bavarianbeads.com/product_info.php?products_id=337

Roo Blaty
2012-11-25, 9:17am
Yes, that's the one!! I'd stalk today but of course there's no one to stalk on a Sunday! :lol:

gemsinbloom
2012-11-25, 9:27am
Thank you for the info!

Sheila D.
2012-11-25, 1:19pm
This is all you fault Roo! I just ordered 2 new heart presses from Bavarian Beads! I got the classic flat one and one with 3 graduated sizes...15, 18, and 20mm. EEEEE!

Ali Oops
2012-11-25, 5:28pm
OMGosh it took at least an hour and a whole lotta glass....but I love it. Hopefully it will go quicker next time :)
I've been enjoying this thread, can't wait to see what all ya'll post. Get to work lol-

And Roo...I just have a "few"
(sorry for the hugh picture...resized it to Small I'd hate to see the big size...oops)

caliente
2012-11-25, 6:33pm
:love::love::love:

Gorgeous! I'm going to get my sleeping bag and hang out by the mailbox.

Sheila D.
2012-11-25, 6:51pm
Wow! It looks like a glacier.

Ali Oops
2012-11-25, 6:57pm
lol thanks...it even has air bubbles I suppose it could have been worse I still need practice encasing. I used up some crapy clear up for the base.

caliente
2012-11-25, 6:58pm
Lois, which press is that?

Ali Oops
2012-11-25, 8:41pm
Well it was sold to me as the Bavarian 3D...but my pins are both on one side and not caddy corner like normal. I suppose it could be ordered that way. I really is easier to line up for sure
I can't wait for ya'll to be posting!

Roo Blaty
2012-11-25, 9:41pm
:love::love::love:

Gorgeous! I'm going to get my sleeping bag and hang out by the mailbox.

Roo Blaty
2012-11-25, 9:45pm
This is all you fault Roo! I just ordered 2 new heart presses from Bavarian Beads! I got the classic flat one and one with 3 graduated sizes...15, 18, and 20mm. EEEEE!

Wait...what!? :shock:
phhhtttt....fine but next time we're in trouble it's your fault.

Roo Blaty
2012-11-25, 9:51pm
OMGosh it took at least an hour and a whole lotta glass....but I love it. Hopefully it will go quicker next time :)
I've been enjoying this thread, can't wait to see what all ya'll post. Get to work lol-

And Roo...I just have a "few"
(sorry for the hugh picture...resized it to Small I'd hate to see the big size...oops)

Lois, really pretty, which press is it? An hour? I bought a press to make hearts go quicker!YIKERS

Ali Oops
2012-11-26, 5:49am
lol I know, I thought about you and your shaping guicker remark. Even the graduated hearts press takes some time but I'm hoping it will get faster the more I do them. The biggest challeges are in judging the amount of glass and going back and filling in spaces. But hey that's me :).

Hey Roo who did you order your Lauscha glass from? I worked with some recently for the 1st time and I love it! Can you show me Roo what your reds look like please, please, pretty please?

Roo Blaty
2012-11-26, 7:54am
lol I know, I thought about you and your shaping guicker remark. Even the graduated hearts press takes some time but I'm hoping it will get faster the more I do them. The biggest challeges are in judging the amount of glass and going back and filling in spaces. But hey that's me :).

Hey Roo who did you order your Lauscha glass from? I worked with some recently for the 1st time and I love it! Can you show me Roo what your reds look like please, please, pretty please?

:lol: I haven't gotten to play with the presses yet.

And I will look Lois, but I don't think I have any of the red hearts left from BeadFest. They all sold! I only made 4 or 5... I put a viney SIS on some and made flowers (ala Joan/J2Canoe) on one, put murrini "flowers" on another, vines (ala Kerri Fuhr) on a couple others.... anyway, that's why I started my hunt for the perfect heart press. B/c those sold so quickly and were a PITA to shape by hand.
Like I said at the beginning of the thread, I'm not really a heart-person but I think the shape is really fun to decorate and that red is just luscious and looks wonderful with SIS.

You probably think I took photos of all my hearts when photographing BeadFest inventory but no. I didn't take pics of any of it! I was too freaked out trying to make sure I HAD enough "sets" of shapey bead-beads. For some reason I was afraid people wouldn't be interested in sock monkeys, sea turtles, snowmen and sorting hats but THEY WERE! I'm still glad I had some sets and bead-beads for them to buy as well! \\:D/

I get the Lauscha from Paula and she's a peach! She shipped quickly - nothing at all was even chipped! She answered all my pm's and emails (I had quite a few questions 8-[)
http://www.flamedame.com/

Roo Blaty
2012-11-26, 8:24am
Just saw this this morning...yer killin' me Stiles!

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235516

Ali Oops
2012-11-26, 9:22am
Thanks for the info Roo.and yeah ya never know whats gona sale do ya? Glad Bead Fest was a success for you - yeeeaaaa...now you can get busy for next year :hide: lol

That new press is cool too...I'm not really a heart person but there seems to be an interest in them.

Roo Blaty
2012-11-26, 10:05am
I hear the mailman's vehicle!!! Dashing out to accost him!

I want my presses from Germany, too!! They were mailed the 17th so what's the darn hold up?? :fireblob:

Roo Blaty
2012-11-26, 10:11am
:pout:

:cry: nothing again today....

caliente
2012-11-26, 5:29pm
\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/

Got an email today. It was completely in German except for two lines:

"---order shipped---
Thank you very much again!!!"

Woo hoo! Let the mailman stalking begin.

Roo Blaty
2012-11-26, 7:18pm
Yes...(smarty pants) I got that one, too. :poke:

I guess since the one from Holland got here I figured Germany was next. As in next day. Or next day. I'm cranky.

purpledragonfly
2012-11-26, 9:36pm
did anyone see the new heart press bavarian beads has out now? She has a thread about it in the Sale Rack Section I think.

Ali Oops
2012-11-26, 9:43pm
It's killer isn't iit?/ I love that it's off set like that

Roo Blaty
2012-11-27, 11:08am
Another day of glaring at the postman as he puts only letters and magazines into my mailbox.

Where is my package? Is Germany on Holiday or maybe there's a postal strike I haven't heard about?? I can't figure out how my presses from Holland could arrive soooo much sooner than the German ones??? :pout:

Roo Blaty
2012-11-29, 10:45am
Ok, my favorite kind of heart press is the one that arrived first. :-P.....I ordered from Germany and Holland on the same day.

I wouldn't be worried or even expect it yet if the one from Holland which was was mailed later, has already arrived.

If one of you gets your press can you let me know? I'm starting to fear that my press is lost :pout:

thanks!!

caliente
2012-11-29, 4:45pm
If it accidentally got diverted to Canada, I'll be sure to let you know!

I'll post when I get mine but I'm assuming it will be another week or two. Not sure how long it typically would take.

Daphnevz
2012-11-29, 4:46pm
@roo customs is mostly the one that keeping the package for longer. Further when bavarian beads sends to the netherlands ( holland) she uses a dhl with a subcarrier. It takes its time. German postal service is normally fast. I think maria louise used the dutch postal service.
I had once a broken package ,with one press lost. Bavarian beads send that one later on. Both ladies give great service

Janetlee
2012-11-29, 4:50pm
When I ordered several yrs ago. It took about 3wks; then.Customs is always usually the hold up. Not Bavarian. Her service is fast. She let me know she had shipped it.
Holland is always faster.
Janet

Roo Blaty
2012-11-29, 8:43pm
Ok ladies! Thanks :grin: I'll relax a little.

Daphne, I think it just was such a shock to have the one from Holland/Maria Louisa so fast. But here's the thing, when I lived in Germany, we visited Rotterdam on a day trip...so I KNOW they aren't that far away from each other! (I'm cursing customs :lol:)

Melody.... :lol: don't make me come to Canada, eh? Too cold for me.
I hear you all have those mythical animals called "Moose". Myself, I don't believe in them...I've never seen them in real life, even in a zoo!! I think they are like Big Foot. He's not in the zoo either! :poke:

Janet, I'll wait another week then b/f I panic. The postman could probably use a break from the stalking and glaring. :lol:

caliente
2012-12-01, 11:41am
They came! They came!

Picked them up this morning on my way for a dog walk. I wanted to go straight home to torch but would have had one unhappy dog. Doing a bit of running around after our hike and will be hitting the torch this aft. One week to make the custom press and one week in the mail.

Roo, I suspect customs thinks you are planning heart-shaped terrorism of some sort and are inspecting yours thoroughly to make sure you're not. Hope you get them soon!

caliente
2012-12-01, 4:30pm
For anyone on the fence......Bavarian Beads has a bunch of new presses and tons of presses on sale right now.

Would have been a big savings for me had I known! Oh well.....off to torch. :)

caliente
2012-12-01, 7:36pm
Tested out all four of my BB presses today and had a blast. The presses themselves are beautiful. Very well-made.

Here's the scoop:

The skull is the easiest. The only tricky part is that it is bottom-heavy in the mold. I made a couple of practice ones and then a glow-in-the-dark one for my nephew for Christmas. Hoping it comes out well!

Love the ammonites. I made one the size of a small focal and a good bracelet-sized one. A touch tricky to get the tail portion right but not bad at all to use

Love the heart. Made a 3 cm heart without much trouble. The shape is great.

Struggled a touch with the bone. One end does not look great. It's tougher to get right but I'm sure with a little ppp, I'll be making them without any issue. It was my last bead for the eve.

The ones with lobes out longer then the body like the heart and the bone took me a lot of pressing and adding glass to get those parts filled out.

Hoping the kiln fairies are kind and I can post pics tomorrow!

Roo Blaty
2012-12-02, 9:41am
:lol: Melody, you're too funny!

I got mine yesterday, too.... but was getting ready for my dad who was arriving last night. (Day one of 93 year old toddler here for Christmas:-|)
Seriously? Now they are on SALE?:rolleyes:

Ali Oops
2012-12-02, 2:38pm
Good on you and the play day with your new preses. I'm still struggling with the skull re: glass amount needed. Did you load to do the frnt of the skull first then work on the back? I have the flat back press I'll have to revisit it soon.
I noticed the sale she was having yesterday gotta hurry to get order in before they leave for holiday. I wish I had not looked-

Ali Oops
2012-12-02, 2:40pm
Awww Roo so nice you still have your father....maybe at naptime you can sneek out to the torch :)

caliente
2012-12-02, 3:23pm
I looked at the sale but luckily there was nothing I couldn't live without. Hard to justify after just spending so much on presses. Good thing I still can't get to Bead Press' site!

I had to fit and press the skull upwards of 10 times. I add glass, press, repeat ad nauseam. I started with a barrel about the size of the jaw portion and then started adding glass from there. Once it started to take shape, it was easier to add the glass only on the bottom. It did take me a while but it looks fantastic with the glow-in-the-dark frit! I think he'll love it.

A trick I read somewhere (BB? Zoozii?) is to always add the glass to the top or bottom - never to the sides near the edges even if that's where it looks like it needs it. It then gets pressed out into all the right places. My success rate went up after I started doing that.

Daphnevz
2012-12-02, 5:19pm
Beadpress website adress did change. It isn't .nl but www.beadpress.com, for the ones that need to get rid of there money.
I'm not related to maria louise in any way, but got a mail a few days ago that the site was up and running.

caliente
2012-12-02, 5:42pm
Uh oh.....it's working for me now. Thanks for the link! If this is damaging to my credit card in any way, I'm blaming you Daphne!! ;p

caliente
2012-12-02, 5:55pm
Happy to report that I came out of that unscathed.

Sheila D.
2012-12-02, 7:22pm
=D>Happy to report that I came out of that unscathed.

Ali Oops
2012-12-03, 10:59am
Thanks for the info on the skull press...may get to play with it soon I hope.

Roo Blaty
2012-12-04, 1:37pm
Yes, I agree...Daphne's fault!!

bseibenhener
2012-12-04, 2:15pm
I received my heart presses from Bavarian Beads today. They are beautiful. Haven't used them yet but will really soon.

I do want to offer a hint to everyone who wants a change made to their press. And PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS TOTALLY MY FAULT AND A LEARNING OPPORTUNITY FOR ME, IT IS NOT BAVARIAN BEAD'S FAULT. That said, if you want a change made to your press, might I suggest going to Google Tranlate and write what you want in German or the language of the person you are dealing with. I did not think of this earlier. But I did send her a Thank You in her language. At least if Google Translate did it correctly. She may write me back and say the message made no sense. LOL

Just a thought!!!

Daphnevz
2012-12-04, 5:18pm
:hide:

Roo Blaty
2012-12-07, 3:40pm
No Daphne...I LOVE you for posting the address! It's just the puffy-ness I was looking for in a heart!!!

And I agree that putting my comments/wishes in German may have helped but if it wasn't understood, perhaps she could have said so using her own Google translate. Just sayin'. That being said, I still love the presses!

Daphnevz
2012-12-07, 4:38pm
@ roo. I can take a joke.
As for google translate if it is translating german the same way as it is translating dutch as seen in some websites its mostly hilarious to read. Understandable but hilarious. I think though that bavarian beads ( the person behind it ) speaks english. I recall communicating with hear in english ,. But i'm not sure because i speak german as well. But not as easily as i do english.
Now i like to see some pictures made with the new presses.

Lyssa
2012-12-13, 12:09pm
Me too!

Now i like to see some pictures made with the new presses.

Roo Blaty
2012-12-15, 8:22am
Me too!

:poke: quiet you....

Lyssa
2012-12-15, 2:04pm
:poke: quiet you....

[-X

:fnwl:

Maria Louisa
2012-12-16, 7:05am
Thank you so much for liking my heartpresses.
If you want i can post some heart beads made with them, maybe it's easier to see the exact shapes than.
Meri, i hope you love the presses you bought. Thank you for leading me to this thread.

There were some problems with the provider who was hosting my website,
It's changed now and thanks to Miriam my webshop looks better than ever.

About adjusting the heartpresses, it's no problem to so both horizontal as vertical mandrels into the same press if you prefer this.

Roo Blaty
2013-02-04, 11:09am
These are from my Bavarian Press.

I'll be making the puffy hearts this week and will post them next!

:love:

Ali Oops
2013-02-04, 1:23pm
Very pretty Roo, thanks for sharing :) they take alot of glass don't they?

Janetlee
2013-02-04, 5:48pm
Very Nice hearts!! I love them , Roo.
Job well done.
Janet

caliente
2013-02-04, 6:07pm
Great hearts, Roo! I have been using my heart press and bone press (that this thread convinced me I needed) a bit and the ammonite press a lot. I love it!

Roo Blaty
2013-02-05, 3:01pm
Thanks Ladies! :grin: Thanks a bunch!

Lois I guess they do take quite a bit but not as much as the puffy ones.
Well, maybe it's not that different b/c the puffy ones are a little bit smaller. Next time I will start w/a full rod for each, then I will know EXACTLY how much each of them takes. :wink:

Those ammonites are really cool, Melody. Did it take a while to get the hang of that shape?

caliente
2013-02-05, 5:12pm
Thanks Roo. It didn't really take too many tries. The only tricky part is the outside end of the spiral but overall I find it easier than the hearts and the bones. I find those trickier because you have to get glass above the part of the piece that touches the mandrel (the lobes of the heart or the ends of the bone) if that makes sense. Those are trickier and take more building up.

Roo Blaty
2013-02-05, 9:11pm
YEAH.... it's weird - I always have to build up the left side. The right side seems to always kinda fit. But I add glass to the left side 2 or 3 times.
Strange.

Now the cross. FUHGEDDABOUDDDIT! Jeeze it takes forever. I've made two. :lol:

gemsinbloom
2013-10-05, 7:38am
I was revisiting this thread and noticed I missed your helpful post. Thank you for sharing the red colors :)

Christmas red is lovely but my favorite is Radiant Red. It's just fabulous!!

1 x moldin press "Bavarian Heart M real 3D"NEW!
- dowel pins: with $63.55
1 x moldin press "Bavarian 3D Cross"NEW! $63.55

Kicking myself for not ordering the darn skull!!!!! But I think 63 bucks is realllly high for a press that makes only one shape. That's what's kept me from ordering from them until now. But after searching...I REALLY couldn't find hearts like the ones from Bavarian and BeadPress! And I just hate shaping them by hand. Also, hate shaping crosses by hand. I think this cross press will be super hard to use until I get the hang of it but crosses are my downfall. I can do round beads easier than a decent cross. And I HAAATE doing rounds! :lol: (just ask Ginny)

Oh yeah, and I also ordered The Puffy Heart Trio and the Love Triangle (I think!) from Beadpress in Holland. I like that their prices are more in line with what Cattwalk and Zoozii's charge.

bbisker
2013-10-06, 2:31pm
Has anyone tried the Perlenpresse heart presses?

Roo Blaty
2013-10-08, 1:40pm
Has anyone tried the Perlenpresse heart presses?

I was revisiting this thread and noticed I missed your helpful post. Thank you for sharing the red colors :)

Oh, you are quite welcome, Jacqueline!

bbisker: I'm not sure but I think we talked about it somewhere. Did you look at all the hearts that Julie blogged about? Karen posted a link on post #19 That is how I decided on the ones I got.

And I realized that I did NOT post any picks of the puffy ones. And I forgot to take many pics which is bad b/c they almost all sold.

I think the puffy ones are great b/c you can encase things inside them. I did a couple w/Nemo's dad, Marlon hopping on jellyfish and Mount Wanna-Hock-a-Loogie. LOL