Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : My new kiln is crap

NBN GLASS
2006-09-20, 11:31am
Bought a brand new Jen Ken AF3P on July 8, 2006, we have changed the "control panel" 3 times and the relay switch twice and now it stop working again. Has anyone had such problems with their $800.00 paper weight too??? We are now calling JenKen in Fl. to try and receive another new one.

Sorry for the rant but when you work for 4 hours and everything goes belly up again>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Brenda

IF-Designs
2006-09-20, 11:36am
Man Brenda that is a crock! I have one of Jen Kens Double Tall Annealers that is set for Annealing or Fusing and "knock on wood" had it about 3-4 years now! I say you got something that has a dud part maybe some bad wiring? I think they should pay to ship you a brand new one and give you a return lable to sship the bad one back. b obviously something is aloof with this one.

Do you have a dedicated outlet with a dedicated circuit breaker for your kiln? I know when I first started my electrical run in my house wouldnt support it and anything else on at the same time I had to run a dedicated outlet for it to run properly.

NBN GLASS
2006-09-20, 11:43am
You bet, dedicated line/dedicted circuit.......just plain old BAD luck
Brenda

PaulaD
2006-09-20, 12:06pm
If it's new it still should be under warantee. But a call to Jen-Ken will do you more good than a rant on the forum. :lol: :lol:
Paula

NBN GLASS
2006-09-20, 12:20pm
Phone call already made, they are shipping out another one today and sending us a pre-paid address label for UPS to pick up this bad one.
Brenda

Mr. Smiley
2006-09-20, 12:23pm
Brenda, I think you just got a bad one. I hope this new one works out well for you. I'll bless it when it goes past my house. I'm just about an hour from them. :lol:

Kalera
2006-09-20, 12:31pm
I've never had a bad experience with Jen-Ken... solid little kilns, normally! I hope this was just a fluke and the new one is perfect.

NBN GLASS
2006-09-20, 2:23pm
Thanks Folks, I know the new one will be perfect, It's only my luck that runs bad.
Have a great evening all
Brenda