Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : presses!!

ShawnLynn
2005-09-05, 7:14pm
Could someone give me the names of all the different presses for lampworking, im new and would like to know different names, brand names, which ones are the best, where to get them?? Thanks~~~Lynn :)

chrisdd
2005-09-05, 7:22pm
Hi, Lynn--you'll get a lot of different opinions, but my favorite presses are made by Zoozi. You don't have to buy a separate component to hold the press in place and they are soooooooo easy to use. The way they're made makes it simple to get the mandrel and the 2 sides of the press aligned properly. My second favorite is coonvallyb on eBay. He'll make any kind of press you want and his presses are similar to Zoozi's.

You can also get presses from Corina and Cattwalk.

cghipp
2005-09-05, 7:45pm
That's too long a list for someone to give you. Check out zooziis.com, cattwalk.com and corinabeads.com. You may also want to do an internet search for Carlo Dona tools.

Courtney

ShawnLynn
2005-09-05, 8:02pm
thanks so much~~~Lynn

CLabora
2005-09-06, 1:39pm
Also there is Tapley, a couple of other people that sell through e-Bay that I can't think of their names. If you search by lampwork and presses I think they come up.

If you are buying a press with a single shape in it, I would go with Zooziis.
The pins guiding the press make it VERY easy to use and align.
If you want something with three shapes I would go with Catt's or Corina's.
I found three shapes on Zooziis to be heavy - I preffer the more stream line shape. But then you do have align issue, which is not bad once you have done it a couple of times.

Catt does not charge shipping
Zooziis does, but you get a break if you order multiple.
I think Corina also charges shipping (Have not ordered from her for a while)

Catt will work with you if you want a little something different done with your press - she can basically customize any press and will not charge you more - excellent customer service
Not sure about Zoozi or Cornia - I have never asked.

Then there is the issue of the actual shape, Catt and zoozii have by far the best selection, and although they carry some of the same shapes they will vary slightly.

I think presses are fun, and the variety they add is worth the price.

Hope this helps! (sorry for the typos! (if any)

joycerenee
2005-09-08, 8:36pm
I bought the Zoozii lentil trio and after a few trial & error beads I wondered why I waited so long. I immediately went back and ordered the gem & the hexagon. They've been a little tougher to master, but I'm getting better with them.

Also, I like the trio because you can do graduated strands with them.

Joy