Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Tribal Turqoise and Lauscha Clear...what happened???

Limelight
2006-12-17, 8:32am
I made a set of sprees in ASK Tribal Turqoise than applied Lauscha clear stringer decorations and reduced. I thought I had a beautiful set but noticed when I pulled them out of the kiln, a few of the beads had small cracks under the stringer. The next day, all the beads had small cracks.

Anyone else have this problem or is it just me? I wonder if I used a different clear, would the same thing happen?

swanseafarm
2006-12-17, 8:54am
I have never used any of the ASK glass but have read some of the colors do not mix well with clear and they should not be encased.
Nice beads...sorry they cracked. :(

DawnT
2006-12-17, 8:56am
I try to avoid using any transparent color over any ASK color. They tend to crack :(.

flamemoth
2006-12-17, 1:55pm
Look at that color!...there is an ask clear isn't there? You're going to have to do those babies again when you work it out. Gorgeous set.

Limelight
2006-12-17, 5:44pm
Thanks everyone...I heard about the encasing problem too but thought that thin stringers would be OK. You're right, Deborah, ASK does make a clear...duh...will have to try it! I keep forgetting that Kuglar Clear is in the same line as the other ASK colors... do I feel dumb.](*,)