Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : opal yellow

carole
2007-01-02, 4:36pm
Wo w My order from Frantz has finally just arrived after being stuck in the mess in Denver for a week. I had ordered just unpacked opal yellow (on hope as I did not like the pale stuff of the last year.) Good news is that this is exactly like the old batch that was wonderful. It even has the pinkish core. I had saved several of the old rods, and there is no difference. Got it on sale, too.

Dasi
2007-01-02, 5:03pm
I just got my Opal yellow too. I even got to torch today after a very long break.......Not since November.

This batch is very nice and priced well also. I got some pink out of this batch. This is the first batch that I have that gets any pink tones to it......

I am very happy with this batch. thanks Mike!!!

Julabula
2007-01-02, 8:04pm
Sweet! I've got a few pounds on their way to me...I was hoping it would be the good striking opal. Glad to hear it is!!

Three Muses Glass
2007-01-03, 6:20am
I agree, it's wonderful opal yellow! And I'm kicking myself for ordering only a pound. LOL!

coyotesfamily
2007-01-03, 8:29am
Ahhhhhh, now I wish I had ordered some too! dang!

sunnyone
2007-01-03, 10:02am
I am sooo pissed I missed this sale! arghhhh! I didn't realize it was for dec only...figuered I'd wait til after xmas when I had more cash! I love opal yellow!

crystal

Anne Londez
2007-01-03, 1:41pm
I was looking for opal yellow on Frantz website but I can't find it. Do they have it only occasionally ?

Toni Lutman
2007-01-03, 1:42pm
I always have a hard time finding it also. Try searching for their number: 591266

Anne Londez
2007-01-03, 2:04pm
Thanks, I found it. It doesn't appear when you click on Rod Effetre !

hulagirl
2007-01-04, 7:04am
I never get a good color from it. Just a pale color. Am I not doing something right...or do I have a bad batch?

nagibeads
2007-01-04, 10:28am
anyone want to dump their pale opal yellow my way? LOL!
It's a great non reacting pale ivory!

Dasi
2007-01-04, 11:35am
Here is the picture of my opal yellow batch I just got from Frantz.

I think it is a wonderful batch and very different from any batch I have ever gotten.

Judi_B
2007-01-04, 12:10pm
Ooohhhh pretty!! Can't wait for mine to get here.
But watch out for shocking with those holes down the middle :shock:

Anne Londez
2007-01-04, 12:12pm
I've got a stump of rod that I love but can't match with anything. It looks mostly like Heather's rods inside but more greenish on the outside. Could it be opal yellow ? It doesn't match the opal yellow I have, which is really yellow.

hulagirl
2007-01-04, 7:16pm
I don't think that the person that I got the glass from sent me opal yellow:( Mine looks nothing like that.

HannahRachel
2007-01-04, 7:36pm
I've got a stump of rod that I love but can't match with anything. It looks mostly like Heather's rods inside but more greenish on the outside. Could it be opal yellow ? It doesn't match the opal yellow I have, which is really yellow.

Anne: Could you possibly have one of the "odd" batches of copper green?

Michelle Walsh
2007-01-04, 7:40pm
I don't think that the person that I got the glass from sent me opal yellow:( Mine looks nothing like that.

Beth, you might have lt. opal yellow. It looks like a creamy white color. Nothing like regular opal yellow.

~Michelle

one-eared pig
2007-01-04, 7:40pm
My opal yellow looks nothing like the above pics(I didn't get it from Frantz). I have only made a few beads with it, but seems to react pretty well with silver, copper green & EDP. Of course, I have nothing else to compare it to.

beadworkstudio
2007-01-04, 8:17pm
I have two colors of opal yellow. One is so light I get it mixed up with light ivory. The other looks like the pics above. I love them both for different reasons. I got the pale OY from Glasscraft and from LBSupplies.

The pale OY is great when I want a non-reactive ivory, but I have to be careful not to strike it (then it turns a yellow beige). It will develop the pinkish tones, but you have to work more for them than with the darker, pinkish OY. I also find that it doesn't bubble and burn if I mix it with silver glass or overwork it.

Anne Londez
2007-01-05, 1:00am
Anne: Could you possibly have one of the "odd" batches of copper green?
I don't think so, it doesn't seem to react like copper green. I've gotten a kind of yellow-beige out of it which is very reactive towards Double Helix glasse and I love the effect.

hulagirl
2007-01-05, 8:19am
Beth, you might have lt. opal yellow. It looks like a creamy white color. Nothing like regular opal yellow.

~Michelle

Yep....creamy white. Blah.

Anyone care to show some beads made with the regular opal yellow?

*Naos*
2007-01-05, 8:33am
I have about ten shades of Opal Yellow, from Light Butter yellow to almost toasty brown...some with a pink core, some not... every single batch is different apparently. For me, the new batch is reactive but not as much pink coming through for me. I like the thickness of the rods though - 6-7mm...helps when making big tabs.

Three Muses Glass
2007-01-05, 9:01am
Here is a pic (sorry about the glare and bad quality).
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1620/1158394/7639085/219467267.jpg
On the left is a few rods of Very Pale Ivory, the middle is the Light OY and the left is what I just got from Frantz. The pale ivory and light OY are so close in color, the oy has just a tiny touch of yellow tint. I can get color out of it if I reduce it. Not because it reduces or anything, but I think that the slight reduction flame is cooler so it brings out the color faster and more evenly than a regular striking method of cooling the bead then re-introducing slowly. I could be wrong about the flame being cooler but it works for me. Unless you have some other color on the bead that would be ruined by a redux flame, but it works great with the silver colors that need to be reduced anyway.

chrissij
2007-01-05, 10:48am
Hmmm...wonder if he still has some of that left...I love it when I get the pink out of it...