Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : I'm confused, please help me!

jewlie beads
2007-02-11, 8:21am
:rolleyes: Whats the difference between a lense press and a lentil press? The lense press I seen was like a pair of tongs and the lentil press was brass with a handle on it. Are they the same shape or are they shaped differently? The shape looks the same to me but its hard to get a good close-up look at it.

Glassgoodies
2007-02-11, 8:28am
same shape, different name and maker.

anne225
2007-02-11, 8:29am
I am not qualified to explain the difference but I have the Zoozi Lentil press.
The resulting shape of the pressed bead is shaped like a lentil..a mound in the middle and sloping edges. The edges can be fairly crisp when pressed correctly.
Could the lense press actually look the same but the difference is cost or ease of use?
My other thought might be that the lense press might have edges that are closer in thickness to the center of the bead.( I am only thinking of how a glass lens is..like on my glasses. Can you picture my very poor description??:roll: )

Just a thought.
Anne

jewlie beads
2007-02-11, 10:03am
The zoozi lentil trio is the same price as the lense press. The lense press I seen was the type thats on tongs and the press is different. Is there a main piece you have to have to use the press? I like the looks of the lentil shape and would love to have one. I like the pillow shape too. Thanks, Julie.

Glassgoodies
2007-02-11, 3:21pm
Zoozii presses do not require an additional base. The press is ready to use out of the box.

jewlie beads
2007-02-12, 8:27am
Oh cool! I will probably get the zoozii press then. It looks alot sturdier then the tongs. I like the trio because I'm not sure what size I want to start with and this will give me a variety of three sizes. Thanks.

NorLigh
2007-02-13, 11:41am
I LOVE all of my zooziis presses! They are easy to work with. Make sure to check out some tutorials because with some presses it really is more than throwing a round glob of glass in the press.

I also like to use my lentil press without actually pressing the bead, just to shape it by rolling it in the base. It makes a lovely "easter egg" shaped bead.

emtjab
2007-02-13, 11:47am
I am new to this (6 months now) and I got 3 presses from Zoozii and I LOVE them...they're so easy and I can make beads that look like a pro made them! I don't know what the lense press is, but for a newbie, I made the right decision when I got my SSL from Zoozii.

Jab

jewlie beads
2007-02-14, 5:39am
I seen a tutoral somewhere and have a general idea and can't wait to try it myself. I still call myself a newbie and Iv'e been doing beads for just over a year now. I didn't have the oppertunity to take a class so I used a dvd to learn the basics. What size lentil press do you use? I like to try the lentil and the pillow first, they are my favorite shapes. Thanks, Julie.