Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Healthdyne Alliance 500 with Mega Minor? Questions

Olimpia
2008-03-04, 7:09am
Hello,
I am currently doing baby steps on a HH. I am trying to get a set up with a minor, perhaps a Mega Minor by Nortel, but I don't really have one picked out, but I know it will be a minor.

My local classifieds has an Healthdyne Alliance 500 for sale for $75 but of course seller knows nothing about its condition, he says he is the second owner and he only bought it at an estate sale.

His literal words are "Plug in and it does move air"

I've read the links regarding oxy/cons and I think this is a good concentrator for a minor and seems the price is right.

But, what should I look for when I go check it out? Is there a way of telling this baby is on its last steps? I know it's cheap, but I still wouldn't want to waste my $75.

I just saw another one in Overstock starting bid $99 and went unsold, so perhaps they are not as good. So full of questions!

Thank you for all your help!

Mr. Smiley
2008-03-09, 4:19am
With out a meter, there's no way of telling, unless you take a tank, hoses and a torch with you to test it that way. ;)

I have no experience with these units. What are the specs? Is it a 5 LPM machine?

oxydoc
2008-03-09, 1:20pm
Hello,
I am currently doing baby steps on a HH. I am trying to get a set up with a minor, perhaps a Mega Minor by Nortel, but I don't really have one picked out, but I know it will be a minor.

My local classifieds has an Healthdyne Alliance 500 for sale for $75 but of course seller knows nothing about its condition, he says he is the second owner and he only bought it at an estate sale.

I've read the links regarding oxy/cons and I think this is a good concentrator for a minor and seems the price is right.

But, what should I look for when I go check it out? Is there a way of telling this baby is on its last steps? I know it's cheap, but I still wouldn't want to waste my $75.

I just saw another one in Overstock starting bid $99 and went unsold, so perhaps they are not as good. So full of questions!

I can repair the Allaince if need be. I have several in stock. I like them, but when they dont work, they are difficult to work on. They are usually 5 lpm and 5to 7 psi. Let me know if you need help. jack

oxydoc
2008-03-09, 1:23pm
Hello,

Be sure to turn it on and let it run for a while. The alarms should shut off in a few seconds. If it continues to alarm, probably problems. Also, turn the up to 5 lpm. Always test a unit at worse case highest flow. Good luck, jack

Olimpia
2008-03-17, 4:11pm
Hello,
I am sorry I hadn't checked back. Turns out the concentrator had 20K hours on it, according to the owner, which knew nothing about it.
After research I have concluded that I should not buy an oxy/con that had not been reconditioned.
I am just in the process of purchasing my torch, hoses, regulators etc, etc. So I will rent an oxygen tank for now until I can save up for the oxy/con.
Thank you for your help!