Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : sissley silver glass HELP

jerrybeads
2008-07-01, 10:07am
This has got to be the strangest of the newer colors, I don't like it at all~

any help on how to use this would be greatly appreciated.
jeri

JetAge Studio
2008-07-02, 6:10pm
What don't you like about it? What sort of results are you getting?
I like this glass very much. But I once got a bad batch of it, but then it was very apparent because the beads totally cracked. Batches vary from batch to batch, but I've gotten a couple of different ones, and they seemed consistent with the effect I was getting. It gives me great wispy striations. Here's some examples:

Renee Wiggins

jerrybeads
2008-07-03, 12:33pm
wow, yours look so pretty! how did you get those whisps streaks???

i only put dots on the ends of this bead (NOT a great picture, just scanned it for quick reply)

and it looked amberish to me...

thanks so much for your reply! you'res are just gorgeous! does it matter what color background you put it on?

jeri

Cabanlet
2008-07-03, 1:42pm
It helps to use sisley on darker colors so it stands out against the darker background. Make you bead.
Cool until no longer glowing.
Reduce silghly.
Go to neutral flame and strike gently. You should start seeing something. you can repeat to get more effect.
Hope this helps, it really a pretty glass.

Amy

JetAge Studio
2008-07-03, 2:57pm
Thanks for your compliments Jeri! I just melted a pretty heavy layer of Sissley around a base of trans blue on the first one, then over black and yellow on the last one, with encasement over each layer to get more depth. On mine, I don't believe I reduced them at all, for me, usually the heat brings it out, and it just sort of happens in the melting in process. It really is beautiful stuff. Maybe, like Amy suggests, you can try using it over a dark base, and use more than what you did before. It's hard to do that sometimes, what with how much this glass costs, but you just have to go for it! For me, the full effect of it really isn't apparent until I use a largeish amount of it (a good stripe of it anyway!)
Good Luck
Renee Wiggins