Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Help with a Head please!

UrbanGoddessDesigns
2008-07-09, 2:53pm
I have been given a Bogen Manfrotto 3001 series tripod but it has no head. I have no clue which one I would need. Money is an issue so the least expensive that I can get away with at the moment would be great. Any tips on what to search for would be great. I am using a Canon Rebel XTi. Specs or keywords are great too. I'm not afraid to search I just don't know what to look for.

Thank you! ~Misty

Alex9
2008-07-09, 4:13pm
Misty...if I recall you're in Sacto? There should be a Ritz Camera there (no, not endorsing them but figured they're big and you'd probably have one close) and call them...If I'm not mistaken you can get a head for as low as $49 made by BogenManfrotto...and, if they give you a model number you could research it online to see if you could find one at a better price...

Or, do a search for Bogen Manfrotto head for 3001...I believe the heads are pretty interchangeable with the tripods or at least that's been my experience.

UrbanGoddessDesigns
2008-07-10, 1:42pm
Thanks Alex. That sounds like a good idea. Too bad I hadn't know last week, I was at the mall where they are located. I just wasn't sure what type of head I needed for the tripod and camera. I found ones from $35 to $200+ and want one that will hold the camera. I will try Ritz and see if anyone there knows.

Thanks again! ~Misty