Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boro Room (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Momka's Multi-Colored Rod Gallery (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51394)

Janelle Zorko 2007-04-08 6:53pm

Momka's Multi-Colored Rod Gallery

I've been playing with the multi-colored rods that I just got in from Momka's. I wanted to show you what I'm coming up with. I would love to see what you're doing with them as you get your colors! I'd also love to see examples of what you've made with Momka's existing multi-colors. Even if you've posted them before, don't be shy about showing off!

Sunflower Honker Bead! I made this on my Mini CC. I cut slices of milli from the Sunflower rod and placed them with tweezers over a core of clear.

Apache - I've got some of this coming in on Tuesday

Blue Treasure

Amethyst Ice - I made milli slices and heated them onto a clear core. I then swirled the junctions of the milli.

Janelle

isellrejer 2007-04-08 8:14pm

Janelle, those are beautiful.

dragon myst 2007-04-08 8:17pm

:koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid:

Over the Moon 2007-04-08 8:38pm

Fabulous! :love:

LAG 2007-04-09 7:12pm

I am really in love with your "coreopsis" bead... you must have the patience of Jobe!!!
gonna have to play some with the others. Apache is looking cool..

I played tonight but didn't use any multi colors... but am doing the "happy dance" none-the-less...

Karen Hardy 2007-04-09 7:20pm

2 Attachment(s)
Shy? Me? Nevah!!!!
Here's some Momka's "Gypsy Queen" beads:

Attachment 37116

Attachment 37117

Karen Hardy 2007-04-09 7:21pm

...so, whose leg do we have to hump to get some of those
Sunflower rods?????? Me want.

dragon myst 2007-04-09 7:22pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

LAG 2007-04-09 7:58pm

Karen, I am betting Janelle Z has some to sell... And she sells by the rod also. I love the Gypsy Queen beads...

e. mort 2007-04-09 8:41pm

Yep, she sells by the rod. I just recieved one rod of each new color from her in my mailbox today.

LAG 2007-04-10 6:34am

3 Attachment(s)
Blue Treasure
Gypsy Queen

LAG 2007-04-10 6:41am

4 Attachment(s)
Rainbow ... don't think this one is even in production any more... but bet if enough people liked it, she could make it!!

new not yet named color on the leaves... the purple gray/tan parts

and Autumn leaves spiral

sleekbeads 2007-04-10 7:39am

Who sells by the rod???? Janelle?????? :):):):)

sleekbeads 2007-04-10 7:40am

Whooops, nevermind, I found it.

AWESOME, I've been looking for someone who sells Momka's by the rod.
I'm suddenly in boro heaven!

Janelle, sending an order your way by the end of the week.
Thankee!

Joanna

Venbead 2007-04-10 7:42am

4 Attachment(s)
I got my blue treasure yesterday and played last night. here is BT imploded in the first 2 and BT backed on the third and right down the middle of the 4th. new glass is my crack.

sleekbeads 2007-04-10 7:45am

Love your implosions, Paula!

SilverSage 2007-04-10 8:07am

Hi Janelle,
I've been trying to shop on your website for a couple of days now and it is moving real slowwwwwww....it takes about 2 minutes to load your store pages....

Venbead 2007-04-10 8:40am

Thanks Jo jo and I love your new siggy banner

Karen Hardy 2007-04-10 9:38am

Howdy Janelle!
Just ordered 2 of the sunflower rods. Can't wait to play with them!!

Ro 2007-04-10 9:41am

i just used the sunflower and gerber pink, worked nice in the flame. no boiling, smooth as silk. i wish momka would make a pink opaque in solid rod! i dont have any good opaque boro pinks.
ro

sleekbeads 2007-04-10 9:47am

Paula: thanks!!!!

ro: I wish momka or someone else would make a kick ass hot pink.
Oh and in response to your comment.... "ARE" there actually any good opaque boro pinks???

Jo

ps: Janelle... I orered too... ;) thanks for selling by the rod... makes my life much easier!

Jo

Janelle Zorko 2007-04-10 10:40am

Sorry about the slowness guys. I noticed it too and I guess they're doing server maintenance/upgrades at Powweb. Takes awhile for things to "cache" again so they'll be faster. I'm also working on getting all the colors up. By the way, there will be a new coupon for all LE peeps soon that will give you 20% off at all times. I would only ask that you don't use it on the electroforming kits - I can't afford the hit on those but I want you to all have the colors at a good price.

Janelle

sleekbeads 2007-04-10 10:51am

Wow, THANKS Janelle... that is cool of you!
Will there be a link on the website with the 20% off or will it be a code?

Jo

kiko 2007-04-11 3:04pm

So, like any self respecting glass addict I sniffed out a sampling of Momka's new beautiful canes and contacted Janelle today to grab some of the first batch at a lovely discount, Thanks Janelle!!! Here is a sampling of my first batch with these gorgeous, gorgeous, beautiful flower canes. YUM!!! Lori

LAG 2007-04-12 7:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ro (Post 1107350)
i just used the sunflower and gerber pink, worked nice in the flame. no boiling, smooth as silk. i wish momka would make a pink opaque in solid rod! i dont have any good opaque boro pinks.
ro

Have you tried Momka's Cherry Brandy or Cinnabar? And I got some nice pinks from Exotic Citrus Grapefruit. If you like pinks, these are the ones to try. Maybe Janelle has some singles available even... ??

isellrejer 2007-04-12 7:46am

Janelle, love how you did the Sunflower bead.
Lori, love all 3 beads.
Karen, beautiful.
Paula, I love your implosions.
Kay, very pretty.
Don't you just love Momka's glass?

nagibeads 2007-04-12 9:04am

WOW!!!
Gorgeous eye candy everyone!!
I am gone for a week and get to come back to amazing amazing treats!
yay! thank you!:koolaid:

Ro 2007-04-12 9:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAG (Post 1111156)
Have you tried Momka's Cherry Brandy or Cinnabar? And I got some nice pinks from Exotic Citrus Grapefruit. If you like pinks, these are the ones to try. Maybe Janelle has some singles available even... ??

i have cinnabar, ill have to give it another try, not sure about the cherry, i have a sample set and bunch of reorder stuff. im looking for opaque not striking so color is solid throughout without striations. i will retry the cinnabar today and see how it looks, hard to tell from the left over rod, tip looks ok. i have ex. citrus grapefruit its a favorite, i re order that often but again its transparent, i want to not have to do it over white to get the color. i just got some borosticks lobster, need to make a glass tongue for a client, close but not really pink enough. i would like to put it over clear and have it opaque without mixing or precoloring first.
a pink and a purple opaque would be so nice, more a wysiwyg rod.
hey janelle thanks for the discount thats too cool!
ro

Toni L. 2007-04-12 10:15am

Hey Ro
did you check out the new borostix color blush? Maybe that will be better for a tongue. I can send you a couple if you want to try it. Just holla!
:D
toni

tiggybubba 2007-04-12 11:36am

I just ordered a rod of the sunflower, blue treasure, gerbera pink and something else. I didnt see a code for the discount tho....Did I miss it?
Leslie