Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tutorials to purchase (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Everything about Discs (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199211)

Art of Hand 2011-06-29 5:02am

Everything about Discs

After what felt like months and years, I finally finished my tutorial. This the blurb I used in my Etsy shop:

This is a 79 page PDF tutorial with 154 technical pictures showing you step by step how to make discs. I covered skinny discs, and included square and triangular shapes, chubby discs as well as a complete chapter on making a disc on a big hole mandrel, and show you in detail how I create my raked patterns.

My images and font are both large enough for you to see easily. This will make it easy for you to follow the tutorial from your monitor or iPad screen while you work on your torch.

Please note that I live in South Africa. I might be asleep when you purchase your tutorial. Please allow a couple of hours for the delivery of your tutorial. You are welcome to contact me @ dianaferreira@axxess.co.za should you have any queries. I also do offer a lifetime of support for this tutorial!

You can find the tutorial here: https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...torial&h=2bc66

Alternatively, you could use the PayPal button on my blog, and mention in the message area that you want to purchase my tutorial.

The cost per tutorial is: $25.

simvet02 2011-06-29 9:17am

Boy do I need help with discs, can't wait to see it. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

GlassGalore 2011-06-29 9:31am

Ordered! Now wake up, Diana! :poke: ;)

simvet02 2011-06-29 9:38am

Well, I wasn't going to poke her...hehehe...waiting her too. Hope she didn't already go to bed, it could be awhile....I'm not going to torch today anyway but wanted something new to study....waaaaaaa:cry:

ingrideh 2011-06-29 10:54am

Hi there!
I was traveling home! I am on a friend's pc, but it is Diana here! I have sent your tutorials out. It should arrive in the USA soon!
Thank you for buying my Disc tutorial!
Diana

GlassGalore 2011-06-29 10:59am

:fireblob: Got it! Thank you!

Art of Hand 2011-06-30 12:53am

thank you to everyone that has bought a tutorial! Now I would love to see some discs!!!

Art of Hand 2011-06-30 5:20am

Hi All! I have sent out all the tutorials bought so far. I am going a bit paranoid here. Should anyone not have received theirs, please let me know! :-)

Art of Hand 2011-07-01 4:08am

Hi all!
thank you for the wonderful response to my tutorial. I have cleaned the beads that I made, and thought of sending the big hole disc out to someone on Monday.

So, on my Monday morning (that is the Sunday night flush time in the LE bathroom) I will put all the names in a 'hat' and ask my landlord to pull a name. If you were thinking of buying a tutorial, and you get it before the Sunday night 'Potty' flush, you will be included in the draw!

DaBatt 2011-07-01 4:54pm

I've just purchased mine. I was thinking I'd have to wait - but I got some birthday money, so it was a natural choice to use it for this :) Perfect timing.

Thanks heaps Diana :love:

MaryBeth 2011-07-01 5:13pm

Very nice tutorial, Diana! How to make the square and triangle disks is worth the price.

Art of Hand 2011-07-02 1:16am

Deb! Happy birthday! And than your getting it! I just got in, and is busy shipping tutorials.

Marty Beth thank you very much :-) The square and triangle really just add to your repertoire of shapes, and people always loved them!

glasslass2 2011-07-02 5:06am

Yeah! Just ordered mine. Thanks Diana.

DaBatt 2011-07-02 5:36am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art of Hand (Post 3602493)
Deb! Happy birthday! And than your getting it! I just got in, and is busy shipping tutorials.

Thanks Diana - I got it just fine within seconds of you posting here :)
I've spent the last few hours reading it & studying the images - over & over, so that I don't have to refer to it too much when I take it to the torch.

Just by reading I can tell it's worth it's weight in gold!! It's instructional & informative down to the most minute detail!!
I'm pretty sure that I can pick everywhere I have been going wrong already..... & can't wait to get to the torch tomorrow night :)

Thanks again :love:

glasswhimz 2011-07-02 8:08am

Perfect timing, I needed to do some disks for a necklace I am working on. Thank you.
Jodie

JKC 2011-07-02 8:24am

Just bought a copy, thanks. JKC

ingrideh 2011-07-02 11:19am

Oh thank you Deb! I was split in two with the volume information. I really felt that it was crucial to share even the sub, sub steps, and yet; did not want people to feel that I am OTT with info. At the end I decided to give everything!

I just shipped out the latest orders. (I am sorry - I was watching the Royal wedding this afternoon, and forgot to check in :-)

Diana (using a friend's pc :-)

queenofswords 2011-07-02 3:43pm

Got mine. Look forward to trying it out. Clear and concise instructions. Thank you.

donna b.

Judith Billig 2011-07-02 5:55pm

Just ordered mine. Thanks Diana, can't wait :)

zen-mom 2011-07-02 10:35pm

What Judith said!!

Are you awake yet?? :lol:

ingrideh 2011-07-03 12:24am

Good morning! Donna and Judith, I am busy sending the tutorial to you guys. Thank you for ordering it :-)
It is a bit chilly here today, but the rain has stopped. We had rain for quite some time now!

Diana

emtjab 2011-07-03 5:57am

Got mine ordered....looks great! I stink at disks! So this should be a great help!

Julie

Baubles by eli 2011-07-03 6:07am

Just ordered mine, can't wait to see it. Thanks so much Diana!

de Beadster 2011-07-03 7:26am

Just placed my order....I have a week of holidays coming up. I can't wait to practice, practice, practice!!!

ingrideh 2011-07-03 10:00am

I am busy sending out the last orders received. thanks everyone, and enjoy it! Oh, and I would LOVE to see what you are doing!
Diana

zen-mom 2011-07-03 10:06am

I got mine! Thank you! I can't wait to play :)

ingrideh 2011-07-03 10:13am

Donna, I would love to see what you do with it!

ingrideh 2011-07-03 10:19am

And a last note :-)
Just a reminder that I will draw a name at flush time tomorrow, and the name we draw will get the big hole disc shipped to him/her :-)
Enjoy the rest of your day!

Diana

Judith Billig 2011-07-03 10:41am

Quote:

Originally Posted by zen-mom (Post 3603951)
I got mine! Thank you! I can't wait to play :)

This!
Hope to have some time to play next weekend :)

de Beadster 2011-07-03 10:57am

Received! Love it! THANK YOU!
Have my fingers crossed for the draw.
Gonna study this week and play on holidays the following.
As for posting pics...I have never taken photos of my beads...might need at tutorial on that next.
Carla