Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beads of Courage (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Hi Friends (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284663)

RNMike 2016-01-09 3:24am

Hi Friends

Hi friends,
My name is Mike and I am a total and complete noob. I'm actually taking my first "Introduction to Glass Blowing" class in about a week. This is something that I've wanted to do for years, but had no idea where to start. I also stumbled upon your Beads of Courage thread. I just wanted to say thank you all for doing this. I am a Pediatric Intensive Care Flight Nurse. That means that I am the guy flying around in a helicopter caring for the critically ill and injured kids you all work for. These special things that folks like yourselves do, have an impact on these kids and families that you will never know, so thank you for what you do. I appreciate you all!:love:

misty 2016-01-09 8:15am

Thanks for posting that Mike �� it's nice to "meet" you. Hope you love your class next week

Eileen 2016-01-09 8:17am

Thank you, and welcome to the glass family. I cannot imagine the strength it takes to treat these small patients, thank you for doing it!

Speedslug 2016-01-09 8:22am

Welcome to the addiction Mike.

Be prepared to invest in toys and tools and glass. :lol:

And don't hesitate to ask questions.

Only wish we could find a way for kids not to need yourservices so much.

And Thank You for your service.

We know it's a lot harder when it you get to meet the kids going through the worst of it.
I could not do that work myself and am thankful for folks like you that can.

RNMike 2016-01-09 7:38pm

Thank you for the warm welcome friends! It is a privilege to do what I do, and have the parents of such sick kids to put the lives of their most precious gifts into my hands. It can get a bit stressful at times, but most go home, and when I get to see a child walk out of our hospital, knowing I had a part in saving that little life...it is ALL worth it!
I'm so excited for in my new venture into glass. I'd say my wife is going to kill me for finding a new hobby, but this one is her fault. She paid for my class as a Christmas gift. I'm hoping I'll be able to get her involved too. I'm surprising her with a "couples glass blowing class" for Valentine's Day! Wish me luck:-D
Now...what to buy first...

Eileen 2016-01-09 7:41pm

That sounds fantastic, I wish I could get my hubby interested to try it.

RNMike 2016-01-09 7:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eileen (Post 4818932)
That sounds fantastic, I wish I could get my hubby interested to try it.

Are you kidding...he knows there's fire, right?:badgrin:

rainygrrl 2016-01-18 11:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNMike (Post 4818935)
Are you kidding...he knows there's fire, right?:badgrin:

And new tools too!! You'd think that would be enough...

Welcome Mike, and I too would like to thank you for the critically important work you do. Have fun with the flame!