Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Customer Service Kiosk (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Infinite Rim marble molds (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304852)

Shrimp 2018-02-22 11:04pm

Infinite Rim marble molds
 
Does anybody know if DanG is still producing his Infinite Rim marble molds? He hasn't been on here in ages, as we all have taken a break. I see that there are still glass suppliers still carrying the molds.

UPDATE: Have located DanG. I wish to delete my thread, but can't figure out how to.

Val Cox 2018-03-06 2:41pm

Now i need to know what this is, sounds so intriguing! Setting up my studio and collecting all new tools. Something worth seeking out?

Speedslug 2018-03-06 9:46pm

Here is a link where I think Sue explains them Val;


To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Here is another thread with a link to a John Kobuki video using one at Corning in post number 6.


To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Val Cox 2018-03-06 10:05pm

Thank you Phill! :)

Shrimp 2018-03-21 8:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Val Cox (Post 4979988)
Now i need to know what this is, sounds so intriguing! Setting up my studio and collecting all new tools. Something worth seeking out?

I'm so tickled that you are getting back into making beads. I've been going through all of my old frits, and there is this box of unused Val Cox frits that I might just have to play with.

Val Cox 2018-03-22 8:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrimp (Post 4982366)
I'm so tickled that you are getting back into making beads. I've been going through all of my old frits, and there is this box of unused Val Cox frits that I might just have to play with.

gosh thank you! It was a needed break for the 7-8 years...we were moving so many times to wonderful cities once the kids moved out, but some just weren't conducive to flame working. So i learned how to paint and I'll tell you, that is a challenging skill! Once we set up in this new home, I naturally went back to frits because I love the organic, free flowing style, unpredictable style. When I saw how many new glasses were on the market from Germany and small American batch shops, tints and reactives, etc, I started mixing and buying once again...then had to sell some so Fred didn't catch on to my obsession! :) Yes, melt that glass, that's what it's for!

Shrimp 2018-03-23 8:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Val Cox (Post 4982403)
Once we set up in this new home, I naturally went back to frits because I love the organic, free flowing style, unpredictable style. When I saw how many new glasses were on the market from Germany and small American batch shops, tints and reactives, etc, I started mixing and buying once again...then had to sell some so Fred didn't catch on to my obsession! :) Yes, melt that glass, that's what it's for!

So are you now in charge of Val Cox Frits? Or is your sister still the proprietor?

Val Cox 2018-03-23 8:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrimp (Post 4982530)
So are you now in charge of Val Cox Frits? Or is your sister still the proprietor?

A partnership... my sister, Sabrina, and I each have those traits we are skilled at, and a lot of respect for each other! She will continue doing the main order fulfillment from Vermont as she has for many years. Iím just designing new blends and shipping those early trials from my studio in Virginia for the first 4-6 weeks before the final selected designs will be available in the main ValCox Frit store. Iím also working with her little by little to get the total collection trimmed down a bit in the number of different offerings, but that takes time and thought.

Pat 2018-04-05 2:20pm

Glad to have you back! Your name is all over my shop. Lol Last I knew you were in Georgia. I figured you were on the beach!

Val Cox 2018-04-11 8:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat (Post 4984318)
Glad to have you back! Your name is all over my shop. Lol Last I knew you were in Georgia. I figured you were on the beach!

Thank you Pat! Yes we loved living in Atlanta, it was a favorite. After that we were in Boston for a couple years, then we finally retired in Virginia which is now home, with acres of young apple trees!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 6:14am.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.