Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Free Tutorials (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Frog Tutorial...I finally did it! (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50320)

Moth 2007-03-26 11:04pm

Frog Tutorial...I finally did it!

Warts and all, I finally made the frog tutorial I've been meaning to do for over a year.

It is on the tutorials page of my site (you can get there through my signature line).

The pictures are HUGE and if I try to make them smaller they look like crap, so you are gonna have to go there to see the good pictures. Note, you will have to scroll left-right and up-down.

However, I have uploaded slightly smaller, easier to load versions into my beadartists.org gallery for those of you with dial-up who want to kill me for making the pix so huge. Unfortunately, even though those are bigger than what I'd be able to upload here..they are still not great for clarity.

Just go to my site, click on the links for page one, and page two, right click and save them to your computer then you can print them out easier. I hope.

Enjoy!

~~Mary

jokersdesign 2007-03-26 11:05pm

that is great. thank you

Mr. Smiley 2007-03-27 3:02am

Mary, you ROCK! :love:

FlameDancer 2007-03-27 3:30am

Mary, I have always LOVED your froggies! Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking the time to do this tutorial!!! When you right click them and save on your desktop, it prints up perfectly.

You are wonderful for doing this:)

rosiescreations 2007-03-27 4:26am

Fantastic! Thank You Mary.
I love your frogs.

StLouisBiker 2007-03-27 4:52am

Thank you, Mary. You have the most generous heart.

xiola blue 2007-03-27 5:09am

frogs

Mary, you are out-of-this-world generous to share your frog techniques with us! Thank you so very much. xiola

MaryBeth 2007-03-27 6:37am

Thank you so much! I really like the style of frogs that you make and the tut is great:kiss:

squid 2007-03-27 6:50am

Ah Mary, I could just KISS you!!!

Thanks SO much for posting this - frogs and turtle are what I really want to make and I love this style of frog - they look so realistic - or can with the right colors :)

Moth 2007-03-27 7:42am

I just made a turtle the other night. My husband wants to keep it, but he's at work so I'll probably list it later. LOL

Thanks for the kudos guys. I hope to be seeing frogs soon!

My beads need some cousins.

~~Mary

beadbroad 2007-03-27 8:04am

You make my favorite frogs (and were kind enough to send me a photo of my favorite of favorites once). I'll check that out when I have some time and give it a shot. Thanks so much for your efforts.

Curly Irish Girl 2007-03-27 8:06am

Thanks for your generosity.....the tut & you are FABULOUS!

rosebud101 2007-03-27 9:16am

Thank you, that is such a great tutorial, Mary! Awesome work, too!

Mallory
rosebud101

suzanne 2007-03-27 11:05am

Mary you are such a generous soul to share this kind of thing. I remember the first tutorial I saw from you ( the bleeding heart tutorial) and was so surprised you wanted to share the how to's. You just keep on surprising me:)

Thank you for a wonderfull tutorial, I will definetly try to make one of these frogs

country kid 2007-03-27 11:10am

Thanks for the tutorial, When I make frogs they make me smile. Thinks for the smiles on a snowy day! I hope to work the Calaveras County frog jump next year, can't have to many frogs!!!
Kare

hulagirl 2007-03-27 11:37am

Another way to make frogs...I love it!

Thanks for your dedication to teaching and sharing your craft.

hugs,

beadescape 2007-03-27 11:47am

Thank you Mary! You are very gracious to take the time to share your talent. Your website is great.

glasser 2007-03-27 12:14pm

Thank you Mary, Maybe now I can make something that resembles a frog. Can't wait to get home to play!!! Thanks again you are so sharing.

Moth 2007-03-27 12:29pm

You guys are all too sweet. I have to tell you something. I don't think I would be able to NOT share this kinda stuff with other people.

I don't think that knowing how to do something is worth anything if you are unwilling to teach it to someone else. Why know something that you can't pass-on?

Keep it to myself for what? Money? Pah. Money slips through my fingers but people don't. I'll never keep anything back just because I want to keep the corner of it for myself. The things that have been said in this thread and sent to me in emails regarding tutorials I've made are far more rewarding than any paycheck I've ever gotten.

So basically, I don't feel all that generous when I post stuff like this. To me, NOT sharing it isn't a considerable option.

I got an email once from someone asking me if I were ever worried about a bunch of beads that look just like mine popping up...wasn't I shooting myself in the foot by sharing techniques? Ummm. No. I shared the mandrel wound implosions and I hardly EVER see any of those beads (in my limited scope of reference aka ebay). I shared the jellyfish...don't see many of those either. And besides...we all make stuff differently. Just because I share a technique doesn't mean a bunch of clone beads are gonna invade. That's silly.

Parts of me wish I could travel and teach more in person, because I do love it...but I love my family too and I just have to wait til my kids are a bit older. I miss them big time when I'm gone, and it's hard for me to go.

In the meantime, I have tutorials to post. I can teach (in a way) that way. It's not the same as taking a class in person, but right now it's the best I can do.

Hope you all enjoy making froggies this way. I do! :smile:

~~Mary

Bubbyanne 2007-03-27 7:01pm

Wonderful as always Mary.
Thank you!
:love:

Lara 2007-03-27 7:08pm

Mary, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your froogie beads. I'm slowing dialing up the tutorial now.

wendbill 2007-03-27 10:27pm

4 Attachment(s)
My first frog attempts....

Taken at their best angles ha ha

Jenfire 2007-03-28 1:20am

WOOOO HOOOOO I just won the vangoh Frog! Now I will have a madel for my PPP!
Wendy -- I'm right there with ya!
Jen

wendbill 2007-03-28 2:41am

I have one of Mary's frogs as well. I pulled it out to look at before I took the tutorial out to the shed.

My attempts didn't improve by the handling beforehand...

isellrejer 2007-03-28 4:35am

Just what we need for the frog exchange. I am going to try this one this week. Thank you Mary for being who you are.

Lynn Larson 2007-03-28 5:25am

Mary, this is awesome!! I love your frogs and had one for a brief second before my mom snagged it :lol:

Thank you so much for sharing your technique :love:

ccrye 2007-03-28 6:41am

frogs

Mary love your tutorials. You are a very generous person...now there is no excuse for anyone to not join the frog exchange huh?
Carol

suzanne 2007-03-28 6:44am

These are my very first Mary-frogs... I am having wee bit of trouble putting their feet in the correct position though, they are soo crooket! Anyway, they are so much fun making, I'll definetly be making more to practise:)

Suzanne

squid 2007-03-28 7:24am

Wow Suzanne - those are lovely!

Moth 2007-03-28 7:29am

YAY!!! Froggy cousins!!

Thanks for posting guys!!!!

~~Mary