Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sale Rack (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Explanation, Apologies, Moving Forward, and 10% off. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289915)

Double Helix Glassworks 2016-09-22 3:34pm

Explanation, Apologies, Moving Forward, and 10% off.

An Explanation

If you haven't been following our updates on FaceBook, here's the story. On Saturday when we released the Garage Sale Boxes, our E-Commerce provider had two global (i.e. all of the sites they provide service to) failures at the same time. It's like having the electricity go out. All you can do is call your provider and wait. When we could access our admin page we downloaded all open shopping carts. We made as many extra Garage Sale Boxes as we could and updated those shopping carts to orders based on the earliest time stamps. We are now done with that process. All of the garage sale boxes have been sold.

Apologies
I did not realize the extent of the problem on Saturday morning. I thought I would be able to fix a handful of orders that wouldn't go through. After being flooded with all manner of communication and getting the report from our provider, I realized the problem was more than I could fix. We are truly sorry for all the frustration and wasted time. We are sorry that so many of you are left disappointed. As a tiny consolation prize, there is a site wide 10% discount until Oct 7th. No coupon codes needed, no limits, just our sincere apologies for the frustration and our gratitude for your patience!

Moving Forward
A secondary problem on Saturday is what you described as having Garage Sale Boxes yanked from your cart. With our current e-commerce provider inventory is adjusted when purchased not when placed in a cart. This results in unlimited quantities until the final item is purchased. Then all remaining carts are reset to zero.
We recognize that we've reached the limit of such a frustrating system. We are going to find a solution. Either, we will find a provider that can adjust inventory through the shopping cart or, we'll use an alternate method for limited items.
Thanks!
Jed and Julie

Speedslug 2016-09-22 4:52pm

Sorry to hear that that kind of nightmare visited your store.

I can't even imagine it.

Eileen 2016-09-22 4:53pm

You two are a class act. Thank you for handling a problem not of your making with grace and generosity.

lampworker1 2016-09-22 7:47pm

You have accurately described the nightmare that I went through. I tried for hours to check out only to find out that my cart was empty. Having said that I think that it just shows you what a quality product you have, that people are willing to try for hours to purchase your splendid glass. Thanks for the 10% of consolation prize I know I can find something to purchase on your website. Looking forward to the next garage sale, I will still try to get some MORE of the yummy Doublehelix glass to add to my collection. Good luck!

KJohn 2016-09-22 8:10pm

Handled with grace. Greatful for the service and cool products that you provide our community with. Thanks so much, you guys. Double Helix rocks!

phishstuff 2016-09-23 6:32am

I think you handled things very well considering. I am thankful to have made it through and received my glass. Thank you to all at Double Helix Glassworks for all your efforts!

FosterFire 2016-09-24 3:20pm

y'all rock. we know you do the best you can. ((hugs))

ummm, btw, any prediction on when more murrini might be available?

carolinesbeads 2016-09-25 10:38pm

OOOH yes can't wait for more murrini!

FosterFire 2016-09-26 5:44am

muuurrrrrini (spoken in a voice similar to when Homer Simpson says "donuts")

elasia 2016-09-26 1:00pm

yes! I always miss out on murrini too!
Thanks for the sale!

lampworker1 2016-09-29 2:50pm

I received my garage sale box today and I am over the hills with pleasure.

Thank you very much for your diligence and sincerity in handling this situation. You guys know that glass-a-holics are in love with the glass that you produce.

Thank you.

kandice 2016-09-30 5:06pm

You guys are just amazing. (((hugs))) to you for what you went through - and how awesome you are for the way you handled it.