Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sale Rack (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   New Frit Blends @ Glass Diversions and new website relaunch!! (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257436)

rkoza 2013-12-22 4:36pm

New Frit Blends @ Glass Diversions and new website relaunch!!

Hi Everyone!!

I'd like to announce the launch of our new Glass Diversions website with 8 new frit blends and a couple new CZ colors, too!!
You can check them out here:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We're also discontinuing 14 frit blends. To help clear out the inventory, we're offering a 10% discount on these discontinued blends.
These blends are: Twilight, Tapestry, Mesmerize, Blueberries & Cream, 7th Heaven, Majestic, Rainbow Sherbert, Fiesta, Turtle Dove, Sprinkles, Purple Delight, Victorian Lace, Mystic River & Phoenix.

FREE Shipping on US Orders over $100.

Thanks so much & hope you all have Happy Holidays!!
Robin

ROC 2013-12-22 5:25pm

Beautiful, Robin. I love the new design!!! And those new blends are luscious!!

rkoza 2013-12-22 5:51pm

Thank you Rachel!! I appreciate the feedback. :-)

BeadBlossoms 2013-12-23 4:25am

Donna, those new frits are gorgeous!

rkoza 2013-12-23 10:32am

Thank you Donna!

RavenBraid 2013-12-23 11:11am

Donna those new frits are gorgeous!

The new website looks nice, but I personally find it more difficult to shop your products now that the thumbnails are the raw frit pictures. The old index had thumbnails of sample beads to see what the frit looked like melted.

In the new layout I have to click each raw frit picture individually and then also click on the tiny thumbnail of a bead to see what it looks like melted. Just a lot more time consuming to shop and compare.

In short, I'll never finish comfort shopping and checkout at work before I get caught websurfing! ;-) LOL

glasslass2 2013-12-23 12:30pm

I've always loved your frits Robin and have many.

I second what Nina has said. More difficult to see the sample beads now in this new format and I miss your little descriptions of what glass the sample beads were, i.e. over white, over clear, etc. And your link on the tut page for the luster blends says "page cannot be found".

RosaGlass 2013-12-23 4:41pm

I third what Nina have said too.

rkoza 2013-12-23 5:16pm

I feel the same way. I've always felt that frit torched is much more of an accurate representation because some (a lot) of the frits change in the flame.

The reason I switched was because I was getting LOTS of feedback that people wanted to see the actual frit blends more/first since I'm selling frit and not beads. So because of that feedback I switched to this new layout.

I appreciate all the feedback and what I'll do is combine the two (frit & beads) to try and please everyone. I'll be switching them over in the next week or so, please be patient with me as I have out of town guests during the holiday.

If anyone else has any input, I'd love to hear it. :)

Nina, I still have most of the bead pics listing what each sample beads were made on but a few didn't get posted yet. I will be adding them to the site as well.
Kat, thanks for letting me know about the bad link...all fixed now.

Thanks for feedback, I really appreciate it!!

Happy Holidays,
Robin

RavenBraid 2013-12-24 3:33pm

Thanks for your help, got that order in :)

rkoza 2013-12-24 7:31pm

You're very welcome Nina and thanks for your order!!

Happy Holidays,
Robin

bobkeyes 2013-12-25 8:48am

I'm a newbee here. But, I was going to download your FREE CZ Tutorial. When I started to check out it was charging me 3.95 shipping on the tutorial. So, it isn't free. Don't mind paying 3.95, but don't understand.

rkoza 2013-12-25 1:02pm

When did you try and order it bobkeyes? If it was when I first launched the other day, that problem has been fixed.

It is completely free so if you're still having that problem, please let me know.

Thanks,
Robin

bobkeyes 2013-12-25 2:41pm

Robin,

I tried 2 or 3 days ago. Just tried it again and it worked like a charm. Sorry to trouble you.

rkoza 2013-12-25 6:43pm

No problem Bob, glad it worked for you today!

Happy Holidays,
Robin

beadsoncypress 2013-12-29 6:16pm

So glad you are back!! Love all of them!

rkoza 2013-12-30 12:35am

Thanks Susan, glad you them! :smile:

I never left, I just redesigned our website to give it a fresh new look and bring it into the new age. My old shopping cart system was archaic and this one will be so much easier to manage our 100+ products.

beadmama 2013-12-31 7:13pm

The new Frits look great! I agree seems harder to pull up pics ...but I'm using an ipad, so maybe that's my problem that it isn't tablet-friendly?

Thanks for bringing new selections to play with! :love:

Becky

beadtress38 2014-01-01 5:41am

Robin, I will be placing an order soon, hopefully today. For what it is worth here is my two cents for the new site and it looks like you might be working on changes yet:
I miss the sample beads with the frit blends, I know you still have some, but not like you did before. One of the things I liked best about your website was the sample stack of beads and what the frit looked like torched on different identified glass. If I see a bead that I love the color combination with the frit, it grabs my attention and I want to have that frit and work that color combination. It isn't like I am not going to try my own color combinations, but it really does help me decide which frits I want to purchase (in reality, I want one of each, but my pocketbook puts a stop to that :()

Angie09 2014-01-01 7:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by beadtress38 (Post 4497149)
Robin,
I miss the sample beads with the frit blends, I know you still have some, but not like you did before. One of the things I liked best about your website was the sample stack of beads and what the frit looked like torched on different identified glass. If I see a bead that I love the color combination with the frit, it grabs my attention and I want to have that frit and work that color combination. It isn't like I am not going to try my own color combinations, but it really does help me decide which frits I want to purchase (in reality, I want one of each, but my pocketbook puts a stop to that :()

I absolutely agree!!

julieann1674 2014-01-01 9:31am

Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!!!

rkoza 2014-01-01 11:55am

Thanks ladies, I really appreciate the feedback. I'm working on putting back the bead pics and I'll also try to incorporate the bead pics with the frit pic so you can shop them easier.

If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd love to hear. I just want to make your shopping experience easy & fun! :)

Thanks again,
Robin

RosaGlass 2014-01-02 4:20pm

I got my frit today. I can't wait to try them. Thanks Robin.
Rosa.

beadtress38 2014-01-02 5:31pm

Yay, I finally placed my order. Can't wait for it to arrive and get to play and have some torch time.

rkoza 2014-01-03 11:43am

Awesome ladies, I can't wait to see your beads!!

Thanks so much,
Robin

beadtress38 2014-01-11 4:58am

Ok, I am getting really impatient with the USPS, I feel like a kid at Christmas. They still have not delivered my order from Robin at Glass Diversions. She did a fantastic job at getting it out timely...not such a timely job from the USPS. I live one state away and they have had the package since Jan. 6th and still haven't gotten it here....ask me how I really feel...

beadtress38 2014-01-11 1:41pm

Yay, my frit arrived in today's mail. I can't wait to work with it. I see some torch play in my near future ;)

rkoza 2014-01-12 12:58am

I've heard they're delayed because of the snow days. They usually don't take this long.
So glad you received it, I saw this post and was getting worried!

Happy Torching,
Robin

beadtress38 2014-01-12 8:26am

Hopefully I will have some pics for you soon. I was torching, but now I am on Grandma duty. I will be back to torching after my Son gets done working today.

beadmama 2014-01-12 9:59am

Robin

Do you still carry the pick your samplers? I didn't seem to find them.

Becky