Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sale Rack (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   FREE GIFT for YOU from FIRELADY! (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273621)

firelady 2014-12-23 2:24pm

FREE GIFT for YOU from FIRELADY!

A Gift For YOU!
"Deck The Halls" with Michael Haberland

I love giving things away! And you've been extra good this year. Haven't you?

For your viewing pleasure: DECK THE HALLS with Michael Haberland

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is a 24 minute video demonstrating how traditional German Christmas ornaments are made. It's really fun and a wonderful insight into how those old world ornaments are created.

Lauscha is the birthplace of the glass Christmas ornament. Legend has it that an impoverished glassblower, who could not afford the traditional fruit for his tree, created fruit from glass tubing instead.

Michael Haberland is a third generation ornament maker. After reunification in 1989 the state factory closed, hurling numerous glass makers into unemployment. Wondering what to do, Michael, a very young man at the time, decided to look in the barn to see if he could find his Grandpa's ornament molds. The rest, as they say, is history.

So enjoy the video, and if you want to get to hear Michael's story, you can hear it in a podcast at:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

or on iTunes.

Merry Christmas to All, and to All a Good Night!

nevadaglass 2014-12-23 4:50pm

Merry Christmas to you too Marcie and THANK YOU!!!

I need to get more of Michaels owls - I have one and a few of his birds that I got from you lol.....they are my favorite ornaments!
watching the vid - the hydraulics are pretty amazing!!!!

Elegance_1 2014-12-23 8:01pm

How sweet! Thank you very much. :)

Merry Christmas!!!

Listenup 2014-12-24 12:08am

I enjoyed that. Thank you very much!

firelady 2014-12-24 8:20am

You are all so welcome! I love sharing Michael. He is one of my absolutely favorite people...

firelady 2014-12-24 8:23am

Oh, by the way, Danny…if you need more of his owls, I have a number of them that I brought back from Lauscha. Some of them even have a wisp of a feather on them. Just let me know….

nevadaglass 2014-12-24 9:20am

Can you send me 6 - invoice me on paypal?

Merry Xmas :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by firelady (Post 4694141)
Oh, by the way, Danny…if you need more of his owls, I have a number of them that I brought back from Lauscha. Some of them even have a wisp of a feather on them. Just let me know….

Dianne Gleaton 2014-12-24 9:27am

Holidays

Wishing a safe, healthy and happy Merry Christmas to all on this forum. Thank you for all of the generosity of sharing throughout the year, making it Christmas every day. Dianne

firelady 2014-12-24 12:36pm

Thanks, Dianne! And you too!!!

Danny, I'll invoice you just as soon as I go through the boxes and have 6 owls in my hands. If I have fewer, I'll let you know that as well. But not tonight! Baking, cooking and wrapping till 2:00 AM, I'm sure. Pumpkin and pecan pies are done, the chocolate fudge is cooling, and so is the cranberry sauce…..Just trying to get a head start so that tomorrow will be more relaxed…Ho ho ho!

nevadaglass 2014-12-24 12:53pm

Not a deal - if it is less than 6 - i'll take what I can get and I know its Christmas eve so whenever - you know I am good for it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by firelady (Post 4694239)
Thanks, Dianne! And you too!!!

Danny, I'll invoice you just as soon as I go through the boxes and have 6 owls in my hands. If I have fewer, I'll let you know that as well. But not tonight! Baking, cooking and wrapping till 2:00 AM, I'm sure. Pumpkin and pecan pies are done, the chocolate fudge is cooling, and so is the cranberry sauce…..Just trying to get a head start so that tomorrow will be more relaxed…Ho ho ho!