Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tips, Techniques, and Questions (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Need service on UO machine (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253122)

Iwantonetoo 2013-10-06 9:32pm

Need service on UO machine

Can someone else service his machines?

Thanks.

istandalone24/7 2013-10-07 9:25am

check out www.moreoxy.com (same machines as uo) they sell rebuild kits that include a new sieve bed, new compressor and filters.
idk what the issue is with yours, but it's worth a shot.

KJohn 2013-10-07 10:57am

Depends on the warranty. Have you tried to contact them?

istandalone24/7 2013-10-07 12:29pm

he's asking for service, not warranty work so i assume he just needs parts and labor...but shipping these things is a pain in the ass. i'd call either uo or xo2 and see if they can talk you through diagnosing the issue on the phone.

Iwantonetoo 2013-10-07 8:34pm

Thanks!

Yes I've tried email, telephone and PM's here. I bought it in 2010.

Kimberly (kbinskter) pointed me in direction of a new filter, (where to buy one) but then talking to hubby, he doesn't think that's it.

It doesn't produce a steady stream. We even ran it for a bit without a filter just to see.

So I'm using tanked for now. Some good suggestions here.

Donna T. 2013-10-09 2:38pm

Sheri I could have written this exact thread. I'm having trouble to. Mine was over heating. I've ordered a new filter that will be here tomorrow, we'll see though.
In the meantime I'm back to tanked oxygen. Boy, I forgot how much better my silver glass reacts to the tanked. I may go back to tanked though it will cost me more in the long run.

Ashtonjewels 2013-10-10 9:16am

Whatever you do, don't send it back to Jack.
I did that and now I've decided he can just keep my machine. Maybe he can fix it send to someone else who's been waiting a damned year for their machine to get produced.

Reenie 2013-10-10 10:28am

I was just about to post your experience here for people to know :-)

zen-mom 2013-10-10 12:57pm

Oh my goodness... I don't understand how people can keep sending him money with all of these threads going on. =(

Iwantonetoo 2013-10-11 4:26pm

Well, when I bought mine, I didn't buy it from him. Ed Hoy had it in stock. I also didn't know about the "issues".

No way would I send it to him after reading everything here. It's a shame.

Janel Dudley 2013-10-13 9:15am

Sorry to hijack your thread, Sheri. I am also curious about getting my UO machine fixed.

My story is somewhat similar to the ones I have read in the past threads and recent facebook post so I won't fully get into it and waste time. Thank goodness I still have my M15, I feel so bad for everyone that has gone through the same thing but have no unit and have lost extra money.

Long story short, I was told I need a new sieve. I want this sucker fixed. I'm ready to let my husband open up it up in order for this to happen. I don't care if it voids the warranty, in my eyes the warranty is no longer valid. It will not be going back to him for repair of any kind, ever.

istandalone, I am so glad that you posted this link. We will be contacting them very soon. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by istandalone24/7 (Post 4427943)
check out www.moreoxy.com (same machines as uo) they sell rebuild kits that include a new sieve bed, new compressor and filters.
idk what the issue is with yours, but it's worth a shot.

istandalone24/7 2013-10-13 9:18am

glad i could have helped ;)