Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tutorials to purchase (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Bellflower Variations Tutorial (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272371)

Frit Diva 2014-11-18 6:13pm

Bellflower Variations Tutorial

NEW TUTORIAL ~ 8 TUTS IN ONE!!!
http://fritdiva.homestead.com/cover_72.jpg
Do you own a Carlo Dona Bellflower press?
(or are you thinking about buying one?)
Now your bellflower press just became a versatile
basis for DOZENS of different garden creations
(everything shown here plus many more!)

A 54-page tutorial with over 200 photos
and EIGHT seperate step-by-step tutorials

This is an beginner/intermediate level tutorial ~
you will need a basic knowledge of lampworking
and appropriate safety precautions, but advanced skills are not needed!

The Basics section shows you how to use the press,
and introduces a few specialized tips for creating
different color effects on your Bellflowers....

The Techniques section demonstrates 5 major deconstruction techniques and how to apply them to
create just about anything you want from the basic bellflower.....

The Step-by-Step section shows you how to use your Bellflower press to make Daisies, Lilies, Blooming Cactus, Daffodils, Dogwood flowers and even Butterflies!

The Bonus section shares retail resources, understanding and choosing wire,
and how to make your own custom color blended rods.

PLEASE NOTE: In order to make the items featured in this tutorial, you will need a bellflower press.
I made all the samples with a 20mm, 8 petal Carlo Dona press. You can easily modify the techniques to a different size of Carlo Dona press, but I have not tested the techniques
on other brands of bellflower presses.

To purchase through my website, please click on the link in my signature line below.
Please Note: Because this is a purchase of digital content, no returns are offered.
Once you purchase, you will receive an email with download instructions. Depending on the time of your order, it may take a few hours to receive your download email. For instant dowload, the tut will be available on Etsy soon!

$24.00 USD

PattyK 2014-11-19 8:15am

This looks awesome Jo!

Now all I need is the darn press ;)

HannahRachel 2014-11-19 11:19am

Patty - you really do need one. I love mine.
Very cool, Jo!

Sue in Maine 2014-11-19 2:59pm

I had the honor of being one of the proofreaders for this tutorial and I have to say it is well written and, oh my!!!, what wonderful different directions Jo takes the bell flower press in!

A 3-d Daffodil? Seriously? And the answer is "Yes!!!" I'm not going to tell you what other options are available but I was and am very impressed.

Sue

2xMI 2014-11-20 1:23pm

Ditto what Sue said. I don't even have a bell press, but Jo's tutorial has a lot of information it-- what type of wire and gauges to use, frit placement, how to achieve different effects with the same ingredients. And after reading it, I want to get a bell press. Actually, I want all of them. Good stuff!

Mimi

MarthaMaria 2014-11-21 12:40pm

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Jo, thank you for your tutorial, it`s awesome.
New ideas , I love the bell press.
AL
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/at...1&d=1416598462

dla 2014-11-21 1:05pm

So much you can do with these presses.

Frit Diva 2014-11-21 10:01pm

Thanks everybody for your kind comments! Martha, I LOVE that display ~ did you build it yourself?

MarthaMaria 2014-11-22 7:04am

Thank you Jo, the display are 3 flower boxes for outside
I made the flowers, it should be like a meadow.
But my neighbor did the photo, he is photographer.
Now I look forward to my birthday present:wink:

AL

Frit Diva 2014-11-22 3:36pm

Flower boxes for display are a great idea, thanks for that ~ and it looks like you used that floral moss for the base? I'm going to make one of those for my next show!

MarthaMaria 2014-11-23 5:53am

Hi Jo,
thatīs right itīs flower moss,
AL

ROC 2014-11-23 9:05am

This tutorial is pure genius!! Not only for the additional types of flowers to make, which in itself is brilliant, but it also got me thinking of even more ways to adapt the bellflower press. Great work, Jo!!

glass obsessed 2014-11-23 2:59pm

I just ordered this tut! I am so looking forward to receiving it and reading it.

glass obsessed 2014-11-24 6:52am

My tut arrived very quickly and I am so thrilled.

Even though I have been making bell flowers for a while and have made so many I never thought of the great ideas that Jo shares in this tut.

Thank you so much Jo for sharing and taking the time to create this fantastic resource.

\\:D/

Frit Diva 2014-11-24 5:09pm

Thanks Katherine! I'm so glad to hear the tut is useful ~ and thanks to everybody who has responded so far. Plus, bonus, I finally met another lampworker who lives in NM! Yeah!!!!

Iwantonetoo 2015-01-19 4:19pm

LOVE this tutorial!!! It's very well written and full of great ways to expand on the flowers.

and Martha, I love that display!