Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Studio (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   tonips - Trailer finally set up to work! (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234364)

tonips 2012-11-03 2:48pm

tonips - Trailer finally set up to work!

Well, I finally finished the new glass storage, and it gave me plenty of space to store all the glass I've accumulated since the first studio and then some.

Ran my first full kiln load yesterday, and the heat dissipates quite well with the help of a small fan. I was a little concerned about having the kiln so close to the PVC glass storage, but it doesn't get that hot.

I've put in a movable/removable ventilation system for the moment, so the motor for it is away from the work space and won't be so noisy. When it gets too cold to have all the concession windows open, I have a plan B to build the ventilation unit into. Hopefully I can put that off for a couple of months.

Still have lots of empty shelving to the rear of the workspace (which is actually the front of the trailer where the tongue is, but the work space faces out the back and sides. Trying to sort out what to install on the remaining shelves and what to leave out. Don't want it to get too heavy.

Planning to make a canvas wrap-around cover for the glass storage itself as well as the while shelving unit for when the trailer is on the road, but again, that's on the list for this winter. Not planning to go anywhere just yet. Right now I have everything bungee corded to the shelf unit itself so nothing will move, and the shelving units will be fastened to the back wall when it comes time to travel. The tools will go into a box to keep them from bouncing around, but it's nice to have everything at hand to work.

Now let's see if I can upload a couple of pictures.

tonips 2012-11-03 2:57pm

Well, that didn't go as planned. Should have put spaces in after each picture. Sorry about that.

uncle louie 2012-11-03 3:08pm

no need to be sorry, and btw awsome job on that mobile setup!=D>=D>

tonips 2012-11-03 4:06pm

Thanks so much. It's finally coming together, and it's such a lovely place to work with all the light. After being in a rather dark garage for the last couple of years, this is heaven!

Toni

Dale M. 2012-11-03 6:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonips (Post 4154051)
Well, that didn't go as planned. Should have put spaces in after each picture. Sorry about that.

This on just one of many reasons you are allowed to "edit" post after submitting them... Anyway... Neat concept and set up of trailer...

Dale

moushka 2012-11-03 8:06pm

Wahoo! That is really awesome. I really like that light coming in your window! Great view!

Jen

KJohn 2012-11-03 10:24pm

I'll bet you are glad you are finished. What a good place to have your space.

--------------
Kristin ~

glvz 2012-11-06 4:06pm

Looks great and the light is wonderful!

Georgia

shawnette 2013-10-02 11:14am

Nice! I'm so jealous!!

Lorraine Chandler 2013-10-02 6:11pm

Well done. I like the view too.:smile:

Bellagirl 2013-10-02 10:33pm

Good job!

wow, beautiful setup & love your views and light.

Congrats!

KJohn 2013-10-03 11:03am

I want to say again, such a cool space!! Myself, I might be tempted to move that kiln lower and closer but that might just be me. How is that all working out, have you had a chance to use it, yet?

Magicfire 2013-10-06 1:21am

Wow, that's really nice!!

artsyuno 2013-10-24 10:56am

Fantastic!

Dia-T 2013-11-19 2:23pm

Gee I'm not sure y ou got enough ventilation there!... :D
Love the work space.

jhana 2013-11-20 3:07am

Very cool!

Birdsonawire 2013-11-21 10:03am

Wonderful set up!
I would like to see an outside view of the type of trailer you used.
I would love to have something like that.

Lampwork49 2013-11-21 10:06pm

Nice. I need more ideas like this. I plan on getting a 5th wheel toy hauler and using that back end for a studio on the move. We will be retiring in few short years. We live in Alaska and want to go outside in the winter and back here in the summer. That toy hauler area will be a nice work shop

tonips 2015-04-01 8:05am

tonips

Just an addendum to my original comments. Since I set up the studio, I've retired and moved it to NC, and in a couple of months I will be relocating yet again to TN.

The studio is perfect for me, but I've revamped it a couple of times inside, as I found that two shelving units were actually too much, and the space could be better utilized for another shorter table for jewelry making. If I decide to do the show circuit next year, I want to have a tent setup in the back of my truck to avoid the hotel costs. Thought of putting a folding bed in the trailer, but bits of glass seem to be everywhere, and I want to avoid having them in my hide!

One of the most useful things I did when having this trailer built was to have 50 amp power everywhere. I bought a set of ramp downs for it so I can basically plug in anywhere, but with everything running including a portable ac unit, I've never tripped a breaker.

Jo Ann 2015-04-01 7:39pm

Nice!

moushka 2015-04-02 5:36pm

Toni - I just saw your post about moving to TN? How have you been? I haven't torched in ages, or beaded much at all. Megs is sick and our lives have revolved around that for the last few months. Are you coming back to Fla any time for a trip or anything?

Hugs - jen