Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tutorials to purchase (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Bluff Road Art Glass Color Archive 2000-2010 (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181990)

bluffroadglass 2010-12-13 3:59pm

Bluff Road Art Glass Color Archive 2000-2010

Hi everyone! I've been quiet about this one because I wanted it to be a surprise, but it will be here this coming Monday, December 20th, so I'm officially taking preorders. If you preorder before December 19th, you'll receive discounted pricing.

The Bluff Road Art Glass Color Archive is a complete color reference on my most popular lampwork designs, dating back 10 years. Featuring 152 pages and 172 bead designs, with over 200 full color photographs, the Color Archive is not a how-to or a step-by-step tutorial, but rather, an elegantly presented "cookbook" of glass recipes an invaluable reference compiling for the first time the complete details on the exact brands and colors of glass used to create my best-selling bead designs. The e-book contains thorough indexes by manufacturer/glass color and also by bead name, which will allow you to quickly find inspiring examples of what you can do with a given color or look up the color recipes for your favorite designs. Also included are working tips on my favorite glasses, technical notes for some of the more difficult designs, and a compilation of helpful color-related resources. Whether you're looking for inspiration to wake up your muse and tips on how to combine colors for maximum impact, or you just love bead-related eye candy, this lovingly prepared reference is a must-have for the lampworker who is serious about color.

I'm making this e-book available both as a single 152-page volume, and also in 4 separate, shorter sub-volumes for those who would rather just purchase the sections of the book dealing with their favorite colors and/or designs.

For all the details and ordering info, visit my tutorials page at:

http://www.bluffroadglass.com/tutorials.html

Thanks, and enjoy!

jamie lynne 2010-12-13 4:53pm

I swore I was done spending for the year KIM!

But, I look forward to my e-book on the 20th! :lol:

Sometimes I just wanna smack myself.

Firebug 2010-12-13 4:54pm

I hear ya Jamie Lynn on the spending, but I couldn't resist this! So much eye candy and how to work those colors - had to have it! Can't wait to get my copy on the 20th!

Thanks so much Kim!

Cheers
Kathy

volkanokaren 2010-12-13 6:57pm

Looks fantastic Kim.I can feel my creative juices
starting to boil.I think I must have it,actually maybe
even need it.

Karen
Volkano Exotik

ripzz

Jane P 2010-12-13 9:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkanokaren (Post 3323694)
Looks fantastic Kim.I can feel my creative juices
starting to boil.I think I must have it,actually maybe
even need it.

Karen
Volkano Exotik

ripzz

No doubt about it - I "need" it! LOL.

bluffroadglass 2010-12-13 10:02pm

Y'all are making me feel all weepy. Thanks so much for your excitement...it really was a labor of love for me putting this one together, and I hope you'll all enjoy it and find a lot of inspiration in it. :love:

Ekkie 2010-12-13 10:43pm

I tried to resist....but couldn't. Now counting the days until it arrives.

ms-priss 2010-12-13 11:39pm

OMG, Kim. I can't imagine the work that went into this! Gotta have!

Anne Ricketts 2010-12-14 5:44am

Awww man!! This would have made a really nice 24th wedding anniversary present for me (Mon is my anniversary!) I'll have to wait though. It's looks awesome and invaluable!

LeahBeads 2010-12-14 3:12pm

It looks beautiful!

Leah

Chuckie 2010-12-14 6:02pm

Kim, I think your color notes will be a treasure for any glass worker!

I do have a general question about the colors in each section. Since I don't sell my beads, I can't justify spending the kind of cash required to stock up on the silver colors. What percentage of the color notes cover silver colors vs the regular 104 color lines? My stash includes mostly Effetre and Vetrofond with a little Ornela and CIM. I have a lot of 96 COE frits, too.

Is there any section of the set that covers only the regular colors? Does any one section only cover silver glasses that I might skip purchasing to save some money? That info would be helpful to those of us who don't buy much in the way of the silver colors.

Thanks!

bluffroadglass 2010-12-14 6:50pm

Char, I would say the 2 sections with the highest proportion of "regular" colors would be the Fire and Air sections -- but even those have some silver glass colors in them. If you're wanting to stay away from silver glass entirely this might not be the book for you, because even in beads that are primarily made from regular Effetre colors, I often use silver colors or raku as accent colors and for trim. Sorry...I love the stuff and it started taking over my beads from the day I first sat down at the torch with some Double Helix Kronos.

Chuckie 2010-12-15 8:34pm

Thanks Kim. I've been a fan of yours for years and noticed when you fell in love with the silver glass colors. I don't think I've seen many (if any) of your beads over the last year or two that didn't contain some silver colors. That's why I asked these questions.

I think people are going to snap your tutorials up. You have a lot of fans.

suzanne 2010-12-17 11:02pm

Is it monday yet!!!

Firebug 2010-12-18 10:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzanne (Post 3330122)
Is it monday yet!!!

What she said! It's been a long time since I've wanted a Monday to get here in a hurry - LOL!! :grin:

Cheers
Kathy

rainygrrl 2010-12-18 2:35pm

OK, I just couldn't resist any longer...

alphamare 2010-12-19 8:57am

I caved too, the temptation was to big. Can hardly wait.

rosemarie23 2010-12-20 6:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzanne (Post 3330122)
Is it monday yet!!!

Yes!

gemsinbloom 2010-12-20 7:07am

It is MONDAY! I am like a kid on Christmas morning, can we unwrap our presents yet???
:hide:

Carmen Isaacs 2010-12-20 8:30am

It is almost Monday evening in South Africa, the waiting is killing me.:hide:

gemsinbloom 2010-12-20 8:56am

It's killing me more and its only 8am here lol
:hide:

artwhim 2010-12-20 9:09am

:fireblob::happy::fireblob:

Merry Kim Color Monday!

gemsinbloom 2010-12-20 9:24am

:happy::happy::happy:

jamie lynne 2010-12-20 9:35am

I feel like it would have been better for her to say Tuesday, and get it early on Monday. I'm stalking my inbox. I have my flash drive ready, and I'm going to Kinko's ASAP.

Hayley 2010-12-20 9:57am

Happy Monday, everyone! ;)

gemsinbloom 2010-12-20 9:59am

Haha my god but we are all excited today! I have the kiln warmed up ready to play with new color combos.

What pressure for her haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamie lynne (Post 3332500)
I feel like it would have been better for her to say Tuesday, and get it early on Monday. I'm stalking my inbox. I have my flash drive ready, and I'm going to Kinko's ASAP.

beauxartz 2010-12-20 10:07am

[-o< Is it time yet, is it time, I can't wait.

ironmountainglass 2010-12-20 10:24am

:jawdrop::spank:](*,) I missed the preorder date! :cry:

suzanne 2010-12-20 10:25am

It's been monday all day here! That's the down side of living ahead in time lol

Jane P 2010-12-20 11:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by beauxartz (Post 3332547)
[-o< Is it time yet, is it time, I can't wait.

Ditto - no pressure Kim - LOL!