Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boro Room (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Anyone going to Bead&Button? (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54153)

LeahBeads 2007-05-10 4:11pm

Anyone going to Bead&Button?

I'm heading to B&B in a few weeks. I'm taking Doug Remschneider's beginner boro class. Anyone else in it? I haven't been to B&B, anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Leah

e. mort 2007-05-10 7:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeahBeads (Post 1161351)
I'm heading to B&B in a few weeks. I'm taking Doug Remschneider's beginner boro class. Anyone else in it? I haven't been to B&B, anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Leah

Where is it going to be this year? I believe Mr. Smiley will be there as well now that I think of it.

SharonP 2007-05-10 7:59pm

It's always in Milwaukee.... great show and lots of classes. I'll be there, come by for M&M's! *s*

oh yeah... the advice! Make sure you leave at least one full day free for shopping - that's the thing most people tell me they did wrong. If you pack your days with classes you won't have time for the sales room, and it's HUGE. Bring comfy shoes, a bag with wheels to haul your stuff around, and all the empty credit cards you have. Seeya there!

SteveWright 2007-05-11 7:44am

When we went, we stayed for a week and had an extended vacation. It is an interesting city with great restarants. We stayed at the Astor Hotel, and took the bus back and forth. It was a 10-15 minute bus ride and about the same as the hike to the attached hotel. The have a weekly rate of around $460. There is an Irish pub near the hotel, and free parking. Parking is nearly impossible at the event.

The show is a hoot. You get to put faces with all of the names you have seen associated with the bead world. Dress for comfort.

Steve

Mr. Smiley 2007-05-11 7:58am

I'll be there. :D I can't wait to show my new work...

Sharon, I'll have chocolate to nibble on too. So stop on by! ;)

playingwithfirebeads 2007-05-11 6:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeahBeads (Post 1161351)

Thanks!

Leah

Hi Leah,

I am so jealous. I am taking his class at the Gathering and can't wait. Will you give me the rundown at a Hotties' meeting.

Bonny

sandree 2007-05-12 5:37am

I won't be there but a few of my beads will. My friend Holly Gage will have a both, selling her lentil bead caps and asked me to send some boro lentil beads along with her. If you see her, say hi!

Sandy

Kim V 2007-05-12 1:02pm

Do pictures of my electroformed beads count? I can't make it, but some of my pics may be in a presentation.

Mr. Smiley 2007-05-12 1:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim V (Post 1164582)
Do pictures of my electroformed beads count? I can't make it, but some of my pics may be in a presentation.

Of course it counts... kind of anyway! Congrats! :D

LeahBeads 2007-05-12 7:51pm

I'll have to make sure I look for everyone and their beads! I can't wait...it'll be bead nirvana!

Leah

Kim V 2007-05-13 3:34am

Thanks Brent....I'm excited about it.

Janelle Zorko 2007-05-13 6:30am

I'll be there - teaching and at booth #1010 with Larry Brickman. Please stop by!

Janelle

P.S. If you know you'll be there and want some Momka's, let me know and I'll make sure to have your colors there.

paintingwithglass 2007-05-18 8:45pm

me too! I'll be in booth 911....please stop by:waving:

Venbead 2007-05-20 5:30pm

I won't be there but I have taken doug's class (at Carlisle) and you are going to love it! and him. doug rocks the boro.

LeahBeads 2007-05-21 11:46am

I need to find a list of attendees and mark everyone I want to see!

I can't wait for Doug's class!

Leah

Lea Zinke 2007-05-29 4:50am

B&B Booth #3

Hi all! I'll be at Bead&Button, same location as always, booth #3! Lots of "Wood Nymph" beads and some new boro as well! Stop by and say hi!

All 'bout beads,
Lea=;

PaulaD 2007-05-29 7:34pm

I need to get there someday. Because I love beads. But it won't be this year!
Paula