Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boro Room (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   second half of April 2007 showcase!!! (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52233)

sandree 2007-04-19 9:40am

The lentils are made with a press...the Cattwalk button press...size 1-1/4". I really like this particular press...

Sandy

Toni L. 2007-04-19 10:48am

Great 'plosions Paula - Cinnabar is a GREAT red for this type of work and I'm gonna have to try that havana moon....NICE!
Cosmo, great as usual, but I love that heart! The shape and transition of colors is HOT! :D
Kim that e forming is a very unique touch and looks fantastic, and I'm with Leanne about the white - it looks so perfect!!
Carrie girl those are ELECTRIC like always!! The 2nd one looks kinda like smoky clouds or something 8)
Sally - love the use of the momka cane, don't be shy! :D
Sandy I was checking out that article in the flow also - looks great!!
:love:
toni

Ashmo 2007-04-19 12:04pm

Really beautiful work you guys!
Kim those pendants are truly unique and beautiful!
A pendant and a marble from me. the marbles have been a bigger challenge for me then I expected, i guess just practice, practice, practice.

Ashlea

dragon myst 2007-04-19 12:16pm

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

e. mort 2007-04-19 12:28pm

Oh man, you all posted some awesome stuff.

Sandree, how does the regalia/lynx compare to the lynx on tanked oxy? I am considering getting one of them in the furture.

Venbead 2007-04-19 1:24pm

Sally I love your stone I'm so happy to see you posting. Oh i might have to get some of that glass, oh no...

Wendyki 2007-04-19 1:32pm

here are some marble beads i have been trying to work on lately Trying to make then quick and easy for an upcoming job so far its been a trial who knew completely round could be such a hassel.
Love the marble
what color is that that its so translucent and ghost like?

HardwoodTrailGlass 2007-04-19 3:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandree (Post 1123715)
Carrie - I love your pastels. Just had a request for some pastels and they are hard for me...very inconsistent. Any tips?

Which pastel colors?

HardwoodTrailGlass 2007-04-19 3:11pm

:jawdrop: WOW! :jawdrop:

I post this morning and I come back and there are a TON of awesome pieces here! :fireblob:

BRB w/ my comments.

Three Muses Glass 2007-04-19 3:12pm

You all do such gorgeous work! I should probably post in the other thread, I'm still pretty much a newbie. Some days it's hard getting to the boro. Oh well. These are Triple Passion tweezer twists. I was just totally jazzed that they're all about the same size! Not easy for me with boro.
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL162.../247060850.jpg

HardwoodTrailGlass 2007-04-19 3:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunyip (Post 1123609)
Beautiful work! I do have one complaint though:

Too much chit-chat not enough pictures! C'mon people let's see what you got! (he said while not posting any pictures)

Hey man, I don't see any of your pics? What's up w/ that??? :-s

e. mort 2007-04-19 3:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wendyki (Post 1124269)

here are some marble beads i have been trying to work on lately Trying to make then quick and easy for an upcoming job so far its been a trial who knew completely round could be such a hassel.
Love the marble
what color is that that its so translucent and ghost like?

It looks like it could be either NS yellow, or extra light yellow.

HardwoodTrailGlass 2007-04-19 3:19pm

Thank you all for the kudos, much appreciated! :kiss:

Sally, whoa, nice job on that piece.
Sandy, love the lentils, crisp and clean.
Ashlea, wispy and surreal, I like it.
Wendy, great colors in those, I am marble challenged. ;)

Rebecca, nice to see you working Boro...you were a big part of the Smiley thread a year ago and you've been missed. :love:

HardwoodTrailGlass 2007-04-19 3:20pm

Chit chat, chit chat...:lol:

Three Muses Glass 2007-04-19 4:07pm

Awwww thanks Carrie! That's nice of you to say. I'm still trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up. I'm only in my 40's after all...:lol:
(chit chat, chit chat:-P )

Kim V 2007-04-19 4:25pm

Guess this makes me the older sister, huh? :D :badgrin:
Sooo, did you pick up all those teeny balls? :twisted:

Now, seriously, there's some unbelievable glass here today. Thanks to all who liked my pendants, thank you soo much. It's been a good day in the neighborhood today and your kind words were a big part of it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three Muses Glass (Post 1124524)
I'm only in my 40's after all...:lol:
(chit chat, chit chat:-P )

Three Muses Glass 2007-04-19 7:17pm

*snort* They're so small I can't even find my teeny balls.:-D And Sis? I'll let you explain since you're older. LOL!

Bunyip 2007-04-20 5:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by HardwoodTrailGlass (Post 1124439)
Chit chat, chit chat...:lol:

Naughty CB!!!

I admit it, there's a bit of a double standard here. I've been working on something... with very limited success. I have some pieces done but no pics yet. It's such a simple idea, and until the other day I had NO idea why I was failing so horribly. I finally had some insight into the problem, but then some other stuff came up...

I promise I'll have some pics after this weekend :) Maybe even during this weekend...depending on whether I can find a computer...

VenusBeads 2007-04-20 7:07am

Wow, I'm so impressed will all of you guys!!! I still feel like a boro newbie when I compare my stuff to all the beauty above, but I'm getting there darn it.

(There's no way I'm putting any of my boro pictures up now!) :lol:

Cosmo 2007-04-20 11:03am

Not all of these were made in April, but a good many of them were.

Figured I'd post what I've been up to for the past couple of months...

http://www.soleiletlune.com/gallery/IMG_1829.jpg

isellrejer 2007-04-20 11:47am

Wow Cosmo, you have been a very busy bee!!! Look at that eye candy will you.

Toni L. 2007-04-20 11:49am

1 Attachment(s)
Those TP beads are awesome!! Inventory looks great Cosmo - I'm sure there are tons more!

Marbles are fun, huh? I wire wrapped one into a cage pendant the other night...looks cool!

These are some of my Ozzy-dog bones I'll have when we compete at the Nuts for Mutts dog show this weekend.

chit chat!
:love:
toni

Cosmo 2007-04-20 1:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni L. (Post 1126086)
Those TP beads are awesome!! Inventory looks great Cosmo - I'm sure there are tons more!

Sadly, no. I need to get some more marbles made. I want to make 20 or so more before next weekend. I'm pretty much covered in the way of pendants, but I need some more round stuff. Especially since my booth at the show is labeled "Art Glass Marbles".

e. mort 2007-04-20 1:56pm

Yeah, I need to make some more marbles as well. I have lots of Dichro ones, but I need to make some more vortex and implosion marbles for my show. Hey, we still have a week, so if we do 4 per day we will be fine, right? :)

Cosmo 2007-04-20 2:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by e. mort (Post 1126274)
Yeah, I need to make some more marbles as well. I have lots of Dichro ones, but I need to make some more vortex and implosion marbles for my show. Hey, we still have a week, so if we do 4 per day we will be fine, right? :)

Yeah, but with my two jobs, I usually only get one or two days of torch time per week...

e. mort 2007-04-20 2:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmo (Post 1126344)
Yeah, but with my two jobs, I usually only get one or two days of torch time per week...

Now, that could be a problem. But hey, you young guys don't need sleep, right? :poke:

e. mort 2007-04-20 2:56pm

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a wierd pendant from this week. It has generated some new ideas that I want to try out tomorrow. The inside is Amazon bronze frit and the outside is amazon night or lagoon...which ever is more green in frit form.

ShepherdCreations 2007-04-20 3:45pm

Eric your new stuff is sooo cool!!!
Here's my latest stuff, got to play last night. My first butterfly:
http://www.shepherdcreations.com/butterfly.gifhttp://www.shepherdcreations.com/hummingbird.gifhttp://www.shepherdcreations.com/amberimplosion.gif
Ugh I didn't edit that last one too well, but too late! :p

e. mort 2007-04-20 4:36pm

cool butterfly and hummingbird. The colors in that last pendant are very nice also.

kiko 2007-04-20 5:15pm

Eric, I'm really liking your new work! This is a sweet pendant!
Chitty chitty chat chat...Patrice I like the colors in that last piece.
Toni, love dem' funky bones. Chit chat chit. Lori