Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tips, Techniques, and Questions (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Unlimited Oxygen Have Conned me and are ignoring my attempts to contact them. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242070)

Patienceisavirtue 2013-03-19 2:32pm

Unlimited Oxygen Have Conned me and are ignoring my attempts to contact them.

I ordered $2000 worth of custom oxygen equipment, over eight months ago. I'll happily go into details if this post makes it out in the open.

To cut a long story short I've been told even now only 1/5th of the order has been done.

I was even asked for $85 up front on top of this six months ago to pay for shipping costs. Nothing has ever been shipped.

They are no refusing to talk to me. Jack answered the phone and when he recognised my voice he simply hung up and refuse to answer agian despite repeated attempts to ring.

I was told I had to pay up front for the seive material because that was expensive. I have been told that material has only been ordered for one unit. When I asked what had happened to the money, I was told that was none of my business and irrelevant.

If this isn't resolved soon I'll be filing suit in short order. As far as I'm concerned this is fraud.

I am not happy at all.

Maui Greenstone 2013-03-19 2:43pm

Cue the UO supporters to chime in and defend....lol sorry just see this same
Post(or variations if it all too often). Here are my predictions for the rest of this thread.... Others will chime in with their crap experience. Then a few will post that they had good dealings. The two factions will argue a bit, then Jack will at some point come in, defensively give an explanation, then you two will work it out. Pretty common UO customer service issue, but always see a fair resolution in the end.

Patienceisavirtue 2013-03-19 2:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maui Greenstone (Post 4271800)
Post(or variations if it all too often). Here are my predictions for the rest of this thread.... Others will chime in with their crap experience. Then a few will post that they had good dealings. The two factions will argue a bit, then Jack will at some point come in, defensively give an explanation, then you two will work it out. Pretty common UO customer service issue, but always see a fair resolution in the end.

I really hope so as right now it just seems like I've been taken for ride. The amount of times I've been told "We'll ship something out tomorrow" is beyond belief. And its almost been a year now?? Plus ignoring your customers as soon as you know its someone who you've been messing about? It's not exactly good business.

gginkansas 2013-03-19 3:31pm

I am a happy customer. It took quite a while to get my concentrator but Jack & Co were ALWAYS there to talk to me. (I didn't like their answer!) Sure delivery could be a whole lot faster but they are a SMALL company and give great support for their product. They offer an excellent product at a reasonable price. No complaints here. I understand your frustration - It will be interesting to see Jack's response.

H1JACK3R 2013-03-20 6:59am

Received my Hurricane today, unscathed.

Gonna go burn on it for a day or two, and will tell you what I think

uncle louie 2013-03-20 2:46pm

hey Mike bring the popcorn they're at it again!!!!!!!

KJohn 2013-03-20 3:04pm

The forums can be a good way to bring about some resolution, it would be frustrating if you feel no one is listening to you.

uncle louie 2013-03-20 5:22pm

apparently "patiencesavirtue" he doesn't have or telling the truth for that matter. I thought the Brit's were more serious than that.....
Why do some people like attacking Jack?

H1JACK3R 2013-03-20 5:57pm

After working with my Hurricane all day today, I must say, I really like it.

This new unit seems to have an internal holding tank, and because of that after a warm up period, there's no fluctuation in the o2.

Basically, good product, long wait, but it seems worth it.

squid 2013-03-20 6:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncle louie (Post 4273024)
apparently "patiencesavirtue" he doesn't have or telling the truth for that matter. I thought the Brit's were more serious than that.....

Perhaps because he's had their money for over 6 months and keeps giving the "it's shipping tomorrow" BS line when they call?

This is just a different verse of the same song we hear all the time.

istandalone24/7 2013-03-21 2:44am

jack has always done me right, but 6 months and "it'll ship tomorrow" is a bit much.

OP, take solace in the fact that Jack says he shipped your machines. you'll get them soon.

Patienceisavirtue 2013-03-21 8:15am

Patience

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxydoc (Post 4272966)
Really Simon?? almost a year?? First of all,You paid in 2 parts. 1 with a credit card and with PayPal. 1 in September and 1 in October. Still too long, I will give you that. But lets keep it real, hardly a year. You and I have been comunicating almost on a bi-weekly basis from the begining. I have spent countless hours with you on the phone, helping you figure out the best way to set up your system. I have offered you my best advise on many topics. Hardly a con. I even drew diagrams of how the system would look and sent them to you. You even changed your order at one point, then back again. The only reason the items were'nt shipped to Great Britian weeks ago, was the free compressors that I was sending you. They caused the package to weigh more than the 85.00 shipping charge you had paid, to get it to Great Britian. I advised you in an email that the shipping went up to over $200.00 and you never offered to pay. That was a few weeks ago. You then said break the package down and send the original order without the free stuff. Which I have done. I just dont see how this falls into a con. We have communicated openly and professionally up to this point. By the way, I have never ignored a single call from you, knowing that you are calling from another country.
I did answer the phone last night, after business hours, even though the call was a "private caller" I did not know it was you until you posted this thread. You certainly did'nt bother leaving a message. We did have problems with phone yesterday evening. I have been here all day today and the phones are working fine. So, I missed one call out of hundreds. This is only a response to your post. I have no intentions on debating with you any of the points I just made. I am simply telling the whole story as it is. Jack

1) After our initial conversation, you requested half the money up front for the order so you could buy the sieve material for all five units. Later on, you requested all the money up front because the sieve material is expensive. Since I'm guessing you don't work for free, full payment up front must have covered all your materials and labour costs, with profit included on top. This is why you received payment in two parts. It doesn't exactly help things by misrepresenting this.

2) You're advice in setting up the system has been fantastic and I cannot fault you on that whatsoever. On the other hand, I'm sure you realise that all the advice in the world doesn't do me much good without a functioning piece of equipment in my hands!

3) Would you care to confirm the date at which I gave you a further $85 dollars for shipping, when I was told you'd be shipping out something immediately and hence required payment?

4) At no point have I changed my order. In one of our more recent conversations, you were reluctant to tell me the progress of my order. I simply asked if it was an option to have something else that you already had built instead of me waiting another six months for my original order to be built. Again, it doesn't help things to misrepresent me here either.

5) I'm surprised that after receiving nothing at all, and giving you over $2000, that you expect me to send you more money? You already informed me that you had only built one unit? Are you saying now that you have shipped all five units out? If this is the case, please send me the tracking numbers for the shipments.

6) If I actually receive my order, then I will take back what I said about this being a con. My gut feeling over the phone before we initially started doing business was that you are a stand up guy, and I'm very rarely wrong. By telling me you have shipped things out when nothing has ever materialised more times than I can count, you've called my judgement into question and left me no other recourse than to make this public.

Lorraine Chandler 2013-03-21 9:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncle louie (Post 4273024)

Why on earth would you insult ALL brits when just one is speaking here. That is very rude.

I apologize to any Brits reading this.

My stepfather was a brit and a wonderful man. So yes Louie I took offense at what you posted. Very unkind of you.

HotFireGlass 2013-03-21 9:49am

Well here's my 2c.
From my experience, Jack is a stand up guy.
We just ordered our second unit.

I have to say only this:
I recently went to jack wanting this, that, and the other machine, all of which could have made him a bundle more money from us...but he chose to suggest a route which would make him less and COST US LESS while still meeting our needs.

This says to me that Jack is unselfish in his business practices.
Whatever bumps along the way...I'm glad as heck Unlimited Oxygen is around and offering amazing units at amazing prices.

Having told you my story I must also acknowledge your wait time seems long...However, there seems to be some "extended communication" and decision making along the way.
I wonder if somebody ordered a vessel from me and wanted advice about how to use it and also maybe changed how they wanted it formed...then changed how they wanted it shipped....or maybe how many they wanted.....how would I react to this hypothetical transaction.

(As a side note - We recovered the cost of the first unit in about 7 weeks...compare that to his competition at ~36 weeks!)

LarryC 2013-03-21 11:00am

Interesting how similar these threads all become. Must be a lesson here somewhere?

uncle louie 2013-03-21 4:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorraine Chandler (Post 4273512)
Why on earth would you insult ALL brits when just one is speaking here. That is very rude.

I apologize to any Brits reading this.

My stepfather was a brit and a wonderful man. So yes Louie I took offense at what you posted. Very unkind of you.

My comment wasn't meant to offend all Brits in general as I happen to have some very good brit friends who laughed at my comment.But I agree it was a poor choice of words and for that I am sorry!!!!

beadbroad 2013-03-21 5:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maui Greenstone (Post 4271800)

Nice play by play. If I ever get to Hawaii again, I'll have you read my palm.

theglassattic 2013-03-21 9:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patienceisavirtue (Post 4271801)
I really hope so as right now it just seems like I've been taken for ride. The amount of times I've been told "We'll ship something out tomorrow" is beyond belief. And its almost been a year now?? Plus ignoring your customers as soon as you know its someone who you've been messing about? It's not exactly good business.

PLEASE, use this link and file a complaint!
http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bu...rchandise-rule
It is extremely simple, you make a 5 minute phone call, and let the FTC do their job.
And even if the time limit has passed to recover your funds, contact your payment providers(Paypal, Credit Card) and file a complaint anyway, so it's documented. If everyone who has been in this situation with this company would take a few minutes and follow thru, complain WHERE IT WILL COUNT, he will be forced to change the way he conducts business.

theglassattic 2013-03-21 9:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryC (Post 4273601)
Interesting how similar these threads all become. Must be a lesson here somewhere?

:waving: pass the popcorn

Kalera 2013-03-22 12:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by squid (Post 4273071)
Perhaps because he's had their money for over 6 months and keeps giving the "it's shipping tomorrow" BS line when they call?

Yep. Heard it enough times that I am no longer surprised. Unfortunately.

Rocklover 2013-03-22 5:03am

Sad to say I am in the same boat....my unit should have been here by March 15th...I called Jack and he said he was waiting on one part, and my unit should go out that week. I think that was a couple of weeks ago, but for sure it was before the 15th. Still nothing. AND....I have a paypal bill for 50 something dollars...have no idea what that's for. I purchased my unit for the stated price and free shipping in December. I soooooooo wanted to be able to post that my unit had arrived and I was a happy customer. I can't do that yet. I'm waiting on Jack to open up to see what the heck is going on. Stay tuned.....pop some more popcorn. Throw tomatoes or eggs at me. The truth is the truth. What is strange is that when I initially called around the 1st of Dec. I was told I would have my unit before Christmas. Not by Jack, but by a female who answered the phone. Since I didn't order it until 2 weeks later, I didn't expect it by Christmas, but I did expect to receive it when they stated it would be here. I am really trying to be patient, but reading these types of complaints.......8 months....I am not getting a warm fuzzy.

Lorraine Chandler 2013-03-22 10:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncle louie (Post 4273924)
My comment wasn't meant to offend all Brits in general as I happen to have some very good brit friends who laughed at my comment.But I agree it was a poor choice of words and for that I am sorry!!!!

Thank you, I appreciate that very much. :-)

KJohn 2013-03-22 10:41am

Ah, I'm waiting on mine too, although I still have time left. I wasn't charged shipping, and was told that wouldn't be charged until the unit was sent. Looking so forward to it, hate to read threads like this! Hopefully, I will get mine in a few weeks....

Kalera 2013-03-22 12:50pm

I've gotta say, based not primarily on the complaints but on Jack's reply in this thread, it will certainly be a chilly day in Hell before I order another concentrator from UO.

Kalera 2013-03-22 2:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxydoc (Post 4274839)
So, which one of my units did you have to wait on?

And here's yet another reason I would never order from you.

You're rude, condescending, and dismissive.

Sbaddley 2013-03-22 2:47pm

I have a concentrator on order from Jack. I didn't order it because of his personality (although I did find him pleasant and responsive to emails)--but because I feel I'm getting a great value for the price. Jack let me know up front that I should go elsewhere if I was in a hurry.
Contrast this with a bead liner I ordered from a company praised on this list. I ordered it over a week ago and shipping is still pending. Nothing on their site says that the item was not in stock.
I don't mind waiting for my oxygen concentrator because I planned for the delay. I do mind waiting for an item I pay a shipping premium on only to find it isn't in stock.

oxydoc 2013-03-22 3:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxydoc (Post 4274839)
So, which one of my units did you have to wait on?

I dont think it's rude at all. There are those who just simply chime in to beat a dead horse. If you have'nt had an experience with UO, good or bad where is the creedence in what you say? You are simply reading someone else's and forming an opinion. The complaints on the Customer service Kiosk should be factual, based on personal experience. jack

oxydoc 2013-03-22 3:58pm

UO2 Quality and Support

Another point I would like to make, not in defense, just for thought. None of the complaints posted or recieved, ever have anything to do with the quality or support of our equipment. The units, once recieved, perform, look and act as we advertize. The support we give is complete and as advertized. The only complaint here and recieved, is the timing. Although it is known from California to New York that we sell clean, good and fair priced equipment, but you will have to wait, as advertized. So the thing I am doing wrong, but have no choice, is to try to give an estimated time of completion. I cannot tell a customer, when he or she calls that I don't know when the unit will be done. I try to estimate, and most times I come close. Sometimes I don't. As far as holding people's money for months at a time? We only hold payments until we have compiled enough money to order the equipment we need. I can't buy anything one at a time. Most of my vendors have a minumum on orders. Which is one way I save. Enough times of doing this creates a back log on the orders. Then, there are those who simply won't wait. I have no choice but to pull the order from someone else who is dont mind waiting. Enough times of doing this also causes orders to get "old"
Again, I am not making excuses, Just showing fact. I am not defending myself. Some may not understand./ Jack

LarryC 2013-03-22 4:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxydoc (Post 4274961)
As far as holding people's money for months at a time? We only hold payments until we have compiled enough money to order the equipment we need. I can't buy anything one at a time. Most of my vendors have a minumum on orders. Which is one way I save. Jack

As you have stated many times, I dont think anyone has said your support or product quality is not good. Robbing Peter to pay Paul is definitely at the root of most of these threads, Jack, and would be an unacceptable practice to a lot folks.

PixieFireBeads 2013-03-22 4:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by squid (Post 4273071)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryC (Post 4274978)
As you have stated many times, I dont think anyone has said your support or product quality is not good. Robbing Peter to pay Paul is definitely at the root of most of these threads, Jack, and would be an unacceptable practice to a lot folks.

The issue is the money Jack and it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to see that. Why should anyone give you the use of their money for six months without product or interest. There is a word for it, it's called usury and it's unethical. If you don't want people to complain about the practice then don't practice it.

bead crazy 2013-03-22 4:58pm

Jack what about doing like GTT does and get 1/2 payment down and the other 1/2 when the product ships. Give them a week to pay then move to the next person. Then go back and give the first person another week and move on to the next. People would not feel like they had so much money tied up and feel like they are being con'ed

smpalmer85 2013-03-22 4:59pm

"I have no choice but to pull the order from someone else who doesnt mind waiting."
Not telling someone upfront that their purchase is going to be used to fund the completion of someone else's unit is definitely cause for concern if not outright fraud/ponzi.

From your website, "SOME ORDERS CAN TAKE 8 TO 12 WEEKS. BE SURE YOU CAN WAIT, BEFORE YOU ORDER. WE WILL NOT GIVE REFUNDS BASED ON THE WAIT."

Sorry, but business doesn't work this way. People can issue a charge-back on their credit card through the bank for up two years later. I don't see how anyone that has waited 4-8 months. (16-32 weeks) will have issues getting a refund whether or not you agree to it. You have clearly gone against your advertised terms of delivery.
  • I would suggest you switch to some sort of bulk buy model, where if enough people sign up you order parts.
  • Or take out a small business loan so that you can order enough inventory to have on hand to meet demand.
  • Or double your prices so that your profit is enough to fund the next one built. etc..
I wonder how much of the delay is due to availability of refurbished medical supplies though? I would imagine they are auction style items with multiple bidders. This might not be a factor, or it may be a huge factor. No idea.

You may have a great product but if you piss off enough people with admitted practices like this...new customers like me will be very hesitant.

oxydoc 2013-03-22 5:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bead crazy (Post 4275018)
Jack what about doing like GTT does and get 1/2 payment down and the other 1/2 when the product ships. Give them a week to pay then move to the next person. Then go back and give the first person another week and move on to the next. People would not feel like they had so much money tied up and feel like they are being con'ed

I do like this option. And I do offer it. We went thru all this on another thread. At which time I took the advise and started offering that option. I still don't think it's about the money. People are ready to invest their money in the oxygen, when they call me. I think it's all about my response to the status checks. When I cannot meet the estimated completion time, people get mad and want to take their money else where. Thats when the money comes in to play.

oxydoc 2013-03-22 5:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by smpalmer85 (Post 4275019)
"I have no choice but to pull the order from someone else who doesnt mind waiting."
Not telling someone upfront that their purchase is going to be used to fund the completion of someone else's unit is definitely cause for concern if not outright fraud/ponzi.

From your website, "SOME ORDERS CAN TAKE 8 TO 12 WEEKS. BE SURE YOU CAN WAIT, BEFORE YOU ORDER. WE WILL NOT GIVE REFUNDS BASED ON THE WAIT."

Sorry, but business doesn't work this way. People can issue a charge-back on their credit card through the bank for up two years later. I don't see how anyone that has waited 4-8 months. (16-32 weeks) will have issues getting a refund whether or not you agree to it. You have clearly gone against your advertised terms of delivery.
  • I would suggest you switch to some sort of bulk buy model, where if enough people sign up you order parts.
  • Or take out a small business loan so that you can order enough inventory to have on hand to meet demand.
  • Or double your prices so that your profit is enough to fund the next one built. etc..
I wonder how much of the delay is due to availability of refurbished medical supplies though? I would imagine they are auction style items with multiple bidders. This might not be a factor, or it may be a huge factor. No idea.

You may have a great product but if you piss off enough people with admitted practices like this...new customers like me will be very hesitant.

The units we build do not have a name on them until they are complete and ready to be cleaned and boxed. To say I pull orders from someone or switch names is not what I meant. Fraud would mean that I took an order and collected their money with no INTENT of delivery. Of COURSE I intend to deliver, as I have the hundreds that I have sold. Fraud would be not answering my phone when I know, from the caller ID, that on the other end is one pissed off customer. And of course I know that the customer can always get their money back. I have made exception and given refunds. But the one thing you said that makes sense is your 3rd option. So I checked out some of the average prices on the same exact units (without my warranty and support). And here they are: M5-300.00, M10-460.00, M15-500.00 to 600.00. 10 lpm Sequal- Damn!

KJohn 2013-03-22 5:47pm

It is true that other companies I looked at had wait times of at least several weeks for the oxycons, at a much higher price for the same type of unit. Not all the companies had these times, but the prices for those who didn't were even higher. This is what lead me to order from Jack. Since other companies have you wait in any case, it didn't seem to me to be that big of an issue.

It seems to me EVERY vendor has their issues and we are expected to be understanding. If I wait a LONG time, past what is promised, I may or may not note it on the forum. I think this is a good way to help move along issues with vendors that need to be resolved. I HOPE I made the right choice, and I'm very impatient for my unit already as I just got my torch! But at least I knew upfront, and most of us do when ordering from them, and they responded to my questions when I asked.

It seems to me that everyone wants to pile on for a known issue of wait times or charging at time of order, but still wants the goods at that price. I'm not sure that can happen, but I think a partial payment plan is okay too for those who don't want to tie up the money, if that works out for this vendor.

PixieFireBeads 2013-03-22 5:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxydoc (Post 4275031)
Oh yea, while you are looking at the Glass Supplier's availability on equipment, check out the prices. jack

I probably shouldn't have said anything in the first place. But really, it makes me sad when I see these kind of posts. I've watched a number of these threads, I do know that in the end you will make it good, you always do.

Really what I should have told you is what might be most informational to you, as a supplier. I do own two concentrators. When I purchased them I did check out prices. I know that I paid more, substantially more, for my concentrators than you charge. And I bought them anyway because not all transactions are good transactions, whether or not I get my goods. It was worth it for me to pay the extra money to get the equipment when I wanted it and not have to worry about a potential wait that would have for all practical purposes infuriate me. So instead of even talking to you about what you might or might not have been able to help me with, and giving you the choice of whether or not you wanted to accept the order, it was easier to dismiss you out of hand. Maybe somehow that kind of knowledge is good to help you keep these kinds of recurring problems off the forum.

oxydoc 2013-03-22 7:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by PixieFireBeads (Post 4275086)
I probably shouldn't have said anything in the first place. But really, it makes me sad when I see these kind of posts. I've watched a number of these threads, I do know that in the end you will make it good, you always do.

Really what I should have told you is what might be most informational to you, as a supplier. I do own two concentrators. When I purchased them I did check out prices. I know that I paid more, substantially more, for my concentrators than you charge. And I bought them anyway because not all transactions are good transactions, whether or not I get my goods. It was worth it for me to pay the extra money to get the equipment when I wanted it and not have to worry about a potential wait that would have for all practical purposes infuriate me. So instead of even talking to you about what you might or might not have been able to help me with, and giving you the choice of whether or not you wanted to accept the order, it was easier to dismiss you out of hand. Maybe somehow that kind of knowledge is good to help you keep these kinds of recurring problems off the forum.

And I respect you for that. You had a choice and did what you thought was best for you. I do understand that no one wants to wait. My whole business and future, right now depend on those who are willing to wait. Of course I wish it was different. I would love to take out a small business loan or have an investor hand me enough capital to buy huge quantities of equipment, hire more help and make everyone smile. Who knows, it could happen.

H1JACK3R 2013-03-22 9:43pm

As a recent UO customer, I thought I'd chime in about my experience.

We sent in our old Hurricane, and although we hadn't ever hardly used it, it was an older prototype version, and wasn't running well at that point. Because of this, Jack said he was gonna treat us well.

We paid for a refurbishment of our old unit, and instead Jack agreed to give us a brand new unit. With this, he said it would go from a few weeks wait time, to 8-12 weeks wait. We found this to be generous and agreeable.

First off, I totally disagree with the, "those who bitch the most get their units the fastest" thing,

Second, there are a few people with valid complaints, some people have been waiting way too long.

With both of those things in mind, it still seems that most issues are blown out of proportion.

The website has always said there will be a 2-3 month wait, and yes I had to wait every bit of that.

Paid up 100% up front, and it took the full three months. There was a little bit of confusion when it was finished and ready to ship, because we prepaid shipping, and the records weren't clear.

So instead of shipping out on a friday, it shipped out on a Tuesday.

It arrived quickly (I'm one state over), and was very well packed. I was worried about this, because I read a few reviews about them coming in damaged.

Now, as far as the actual unit itself. I've only worked on it a couple times, but this things rocks! The addition of the internal holding tank is great! Totally solves the normal fluctuation. I fire it up right after my kiln, and then get organized for my day, so that the holding tank has time to fill.

After about 15 minutes, it's good to go. I'm able to run my GTT Scorpion very well. Definitely not 100%, but it's a HUGE upgrade from my daisy-chained medical units.

Because of back issues, I'm unable to lug around tanks, and I'm so glad to have this alternative available.

So glad, that I think it's time to upgrade to a GTT Phantom!

Jack maybe you could hook a brother up with one of those free mini-15's you've been handing out, so I can run that on the inner fire, and this new hurricane on the outer!

Kalera 2013-03-23 8:41am

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxydoc (Post 4274933)
I dont think it's rude at all. There are those who just simply chime in to beat a dead horse. If you have'nt had an experience with UO, good or bad where is the creedence in what you say? You are simply reading someone else's and forming an opinion. The complaints on the Customer service Kiosk should be factual, based on personal experience. jack

Obviously, you don't think it's rude. Clearly, you think it's completely appropriate. Which is why i will never order from you again.

You haven't wronged me. However, your behavior toward anyone who complains about your communication, and anyone who speaks up in support of them, speaks for itself.

Your momma didn't teach you right.

Kalera 2013-03-23 8:44am

Quote:

You are absolutely right. But, I don't hear anyone calling and asking me "where is my money?"

REALLY

REALLY, JACK?

So what, exactly, do you think this thread, and all the others just like it, has been?

Patienceisavirtue 2013-03-23 8:53am

Quote:

You are absolutely right. But, I don't hear anyone calling and asking me "where is my money?" They know that the money goes toward the purchases I have to make. People also have the option of a down payment. I will get to the point someday when I can cut the wait down to a couple weeks. But, back in the day when we had distributors, they did exactly the same thing. They took orders, collected the money, then call in their order to us. Look on their website and see what the wait is on some of their equipment. I doubt very seriously if they don't require a full or partial payment up front. Some of them do have enough working capital to stock most of the items. But like every other product, demand rules and cannot be foreseen or prepared for. It all really comes down to what I tell my customers when they call or email for a status check. I have to tell them something. "I have no idea when it will be ready" sure as hell wont cut it. Oh yea, while you are looking at the Glass Supplier's availability on equipment, check out the prices. jack

For the record, I specifically asked you over the phone where my money was and was told it was none of my business.

You also told me over the phone more times than I care to remember that you were shipping out my equipment, and nothing has materialised.

Reputation is everything in business. I haven't received any tracking numbers yet. I guess you haven't sent anything out at all.

Patienceisavirtue 2013-03-23 9:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxydoc (Post 4275074)
The units we build do not have a name on them until they are complete and ready to be cleaned and boxed. To say I pull orders from someone or switch names is not what I meant. Fraud would mean that I took an order and collected their money with no INTENT of delivery. Of COURSE I intend to deliver, as I have the hundreds that I have sold. Fraud would be not answering my phone when I know, from the caller ID, that on the other end is one pissed off customer. And of course I know that the customer can always get their money back. I have made exception and given refunds. But the one thing you said that makes sense is your 3rd option. So I checked out some of the average prices on the same exact units (without my warranty and support). And here they are: M5-300.00, M10-460.00, M15-500.00 to 600.00. 10 lpm Sequal- Damn!

You have a credit of $2085 from me. According to you, you have built one unit, and one half completed.

Do you seriously not have the money to send out that one unit? If it really is completed and sitting around, is it really that big a deal to pack it up and send it out?

I ordered 5 units, so since you haven't finished them all, or even two, why don't we change it to four units, then you have $485 dollars from that order for shipping. More than enough to get it all to the UK.

HotFireGlass 2013-03-23 9:26am

more changes on your order wont help it get shipped faster.
Not with Jack
Not with Nortel
Not on Etsy
Not anywhere.

LarryC 2013-03-23 11:40am

Unless your quoting 6 months to a year lead time on your new orders, based on these threads you are grossly underquoting. I think most of us are just baffled about why anyone would want to give you an interest free loan for that amount of time.

Kalera 2013-03-23 2:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryC (Post 4275758)
Unless your quoting 6 months to a year lead time on your new orders, based on these threads you are grossly underquoting. I think most of us are just baffled about why anyone would want to give you an interest free loan for that amount of time.

It's not only unethical, it's also illegal.
http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bu...rchandise-rule

julieann1674 2013-03-23 5:09pm

This is unfortunate for the frustrated buyers who are expecting their orders within the timeframe as advertised. As a consumer, I would also expect a pretty firm delivery date, when the advertised build time comes to a head and direct accurate communication.

My worries about the collection of all monies upfront is that at some point "the gig is up." What happens if sales slow down and the company cannot afford to make their purchase to fill their orders in the advertised time. Not good, this seems to be the case. So when is the gig up? I would be worried about losing my money; where is the accountability.

I certainly wouldn't pay a builder upfront and in full to put an addition on my house or to build another home for me. In fear that the job would not get done and he could walk with my money. And I certainly wouldn't give a builder the benefit of the doubt if he claims that he is waiting to collect more similar orders and money to buy affordable/bulk materials to even begin and sustain the job.

I think in this case, buyers are taking a huge risk and should lower their expectations relative to other companies when ordering. And although it seems a quality product is being produced with good warrantied service, the business model as described in this thread is shady.

HotFireGlass 2013-03-24 1:02pm

I like oxygen at 9¢ per HR not $1 per hour tanked.
And that's the last I'll say.

Kalera 2013-03-24 1:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotFireGlass (Post 4276524)

We all like the product, it's a fine product. That's not the issue.

oxydoc 2013-03-24 2:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotFireGlass (Post 4276524)

This is truely what its all about. Is it worth the wait? Yes

oxydoc 2013-03-24 2:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patienceisavirtue (Post 4275622)
You have a credit of $2085 from me. According to you, you have built one unit, and one half completed.

Do you seriously not have the money to send out that one unit? If it really is completed and sitting around, is it really that big a deal to pack it up and send it out?

I ordered 5 units, so since you haven't finished them all, or even two, why don't we change it to four units, then you have $485 dollars from that order for shipping. More than enough to get it all to the UK.

I will do your complete order as we agree. I will pay the shipping on all. The 85.00 that you paid for shipping, as you remember, was for one unit. I will ship all 5 without charging you anymore. 2 will ship Monday. I will post the tracking in your PM.