Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Customer Service Kiosk (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   I know he means well... (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120524)

beadbroad 2009-01-30 7:55pm

I know he means well...

But is the opportunity to open a line of credit at Frantz such a good idea?

lampworker1 2009-01-30 8:09pm

It all depends upon you......... Will you buy what you need for immediate use or will you be like me and want every new glass on the market?

Only you know your glass limits. If there is any such thing!!!!

lunamoonshadow 2009-01-31 8:21am

Oh, I *SO* cannot go there.
There's a reason the only "credit" card I own is my debit card (ie: no $ in checking account & it declines :lol:)

mikefrantz 2009-02-02 12:05pm

I am not selling Crack!

Quote:

Originally Posted by beadbroad (Post 2354824)
But is the opportunity to open a line of credit at Frantz such a good idea?

It is not like I am offering crack customers a $200 line of credit. Crack customers have a problem saying "NO". I am dealing with smart and sensible beadmakers who would only use this line of credit in a color emergency.

Mike :)

NLC Beads 2009-02-02 12:06pm

Color emergencies can also be "ZOMG, I love Lemongrass, I need to stock up before it's gone forever - back the truck up!"

blindmonkey 2009-02-02 12:08pm

this is a prime example of how easy it is to both love and hate someone at the same time! Mike you are SUCH an enabler!

But at the same time, it is nice to see a company offering credit to its customers when so many other companies are revoking it. It's nice that Mike has faith in us :-)

Elegance_1 2009-02-02 12:37pm

It's not really a credit line, but for example you need glass now but don't have the money until the beginning of the month kind of deal. Still, it is the lowest credit finance amount than anyone should you run over the alotted time to pay.

I hope I never have to use it but it's nice to know it's there if I do need it. Thanks Mike!

silkys 2009-02-02 1:11pm

I really dont know why Mikes business decisions should be open for discussion .
If someone doesn't like it , they dont have to use it !
Please , mind your own stores,let Mike and his team tend to theirs .

blindmonkey 2009-02-02 1:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by silkys (Post 2358240)
I really dont know why Mikes business decisions should be open for discussion .
If someone doesn't like it , they dont have to use it !
Please , mind your own stores,let Mike and his team tend to theirs .

I know that I can only speak for myself, but I wrote what I did as a positive for Mike. The tone of this thread appears, to me at least, to be positive, and slightly tongue-in-cheek.

ETA: I do apologize if it came across as though I were criticizing Mike in any way!

silkys 2009-02-02 1:24pm

Gina hon , I didn't take yours or others as negative at all .
It was in fact why the question was even asked that bothered me .
It would be no different that if any of us opened a thread only to find someone didn't approve of how we were running our business .
If Mike wanted our opinions , he would have started a poll.

mikefrantz 2009-02-02 3:32pm

Pick a number....any number.

This thread is fine, I want to hear what people have to say about me offering a small line of credit. I have lots of glass, as a matter-of-fact, unless you have seen how much glass I have, you would not believe me if I told you. So my question for today is how many tons (ton=2,000) of Effetre, Vetrofond, Messy, Double Helix, Tag, Precision, Northstar, Glass Alchemy, millefiori and sheet glass do you think I have. The one who emails me the closest guess will get a gift from me. I will give you one clue, I have less than 100 tons and more than 1 ton. I will pick the winner in one week or whenever there has not been a new guess for 72 hours.

I love fun games!

mikey

stacied 2009-02-02 3:39pm

I'll bite 24 tons

Lorraine Chandler 2009-02-02 3:39pm

Sent you an e-mail...I guessed 72 tons..;-)
Lorraine

pmiller0324 2009-02-02 3:49pm

I am guessing 48.5 tons...

emmy 2009-02-02 4:12pm

16 Tons and what do you get, another year older and deeper in dept. That's my guess.
emmy
Who says now that song is in my head. Good thing I like it.

tela 2009-02-02 4:12pm

ok, I am going with 18 tons.
That's a lot of glass......

insomniacglass 2009-02-02 4:34pm

I'm guessing 47...
Okay Emmy, how long will that song be in my head...good thing I like it too!
Thanks for the game Mike, we all need some fun these days!
Donna

yellowbird 2009-02-02 4:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by emmy (Post 2358466)
16 Tons and what do you get, another year older and deeper in dept. That's my guess.
emmy
Who says now that song is in my head. Good thing I like it.

very funny ^

I'm guessing

60 tons

glasshouse 2009-02-02 4:37pm

69 tons? I had to go there.

Wumpmonk 2009-02-02 4:45pm

36 tons.....

Chuckie 2009-02-02 4:50pm

I'm thrilled Mike has offered a credit line. You have no idea how many sales I've missed because I didn't have the money to pay for glass until two or three weeks after the sale ended. Thanks Mike.

ruca 2009-02-02 4:51pm

emailed you, too, mike.
twenty-three tons! :D

Geneva 2009-02-02 4:52pm

13 1/2 tons
Geneva

MaryBeth 2009-02-02 4:52pm

42 tons:)

Wendyki 2009-02-02 4:55pm

97 tons of glass :)

KayTStudio 2009-02-02 4:58pm

My guess would be 58 tons.

blindmonkey 2009-02-02 5:03pm

I guessed 63 tons. I cannot even wrap my head around what that much glass would look like. It kinda makes me drool though!

Karen Hardy 2009-02-02 5:12pm

88 tons!

MrsGrace 2009-02-02 5:17pm

12 tons. :)

DISCLAIMER: Please take the following as it's meant. Just MY opinion, not meant to have any inflection (since people seem to be apt to read into posts.... I'm being up front, this is said in the nicest way and without any malice. Covering my bases here, folks!)

I'm sorry, anything that is public or posted online is up for discussion. This idea of getting self-righteous over someone posting an opinion online is ridiculous. If Mike were worried what people thought, he'd probably never have a store.... there's always ONE naysayer. I'll bet ONE person was against his choice to open a business, unless he is just a lucky guy to have only supportive people surrounding him!!

It's like saying you can't question or comment on someones choice of fabric for an outfit or choice of colors for a bead. No, has nothing to do with you what someone else does.... but really? People are opinionated and last time I checked, the First Amendment DID cover things like personal opinions....

Now, if that opinion posting were against the rules at Lampworketc, then that's another story as this is a privately run forum. But it's not. So why get your knickers in a twist over it?

Oh the irony.... me lecturing someone about their opinion on someone elses opinion.... Anyone other than me find the entire thing ludicrous? :roll: :lol:

Public companies and their decisions are up for public scrutiny. You can't police peoples opinions unless you run the forum or they discuss something illegal/illicit.

/MrsGrace steps off the legal soapbox :waving:

mikala 2009-02-02 5:18pm

50 tons