Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sale Rack (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NEW Effetre color Frantz Art Glass! (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309256)

mikefrantz 2019-01-29 12:18pm

NEW Effetre color Frantz Art Glass!
 
Hi all,

We just received our restock shipment and along with that we ordered 3 colors that we have not carried previously,
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We also received a new color from Effetre, we named it
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
as it's a beautiful blend of dark grays/blackish to a golden ivory...well, here is a picture, always better than words!


To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mikefrantz 2019-01-29 7:15pm

I made this! So easy to use.

Ravenesque 2019-03-05 8:19pm

Mike, mine is browns and greys, no black or ivory. It's cool, but was hoping for black and some ivory. The rods and beads look like Avorio petroleum except without the petroleum of course.

mikefrantz 2019-03-06 6:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenesque (Post 5029606)
Mike, mine is browns and greys, no black or ivory. It's cool, but was hoping for black and some ivory. The rods and beads look like Avorio petroleum except without the petroleum of course.

I am having a small Demo event on Friday and I will have two good artists give it a try. This is the first I have heard of this problem, we will test and get back to you.

Mike

Ravenesque 2019-03-09 12:27pm

I look forward to the results. I'd like to think I'm a good artist according to my sales and winning a few of your contests back in the day ;)

I worked with it again, used 2 rods, they're brown and gray with a little (very little) black. The rods are gray striped. Not sure if its mismarked or what. Like said it's cool, especially the paddle I made, but when you make a bead it muds up and looks like sediment or more so, avorio petroleum without green.

Will try pics.

bluhealer 2019-03-11 12:48pm

Any results? Checking back cause it's a pretty color and I was going to grab some, lol.

mikefrantz 2019-03-13 5:00pm

Black Marble
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluhealer (Post 5030293)
Any results? Checking back cause it's a pretty color and I was going to grab some, lol.

Hello, on Friday we had a snowstorm, few people showed up and of course I totally forgot to have my demo ladies test the glass, I have reached out to an artist who has made sample beads for me using that color and I will let everyone know what she has to say.

Mike

mikefrantz 2019-03-13 5:38pm

Black Marble
 
My tester comments about Black Marble below

Mine are mostly solid charcoal marble, not much brown or ivory in the finished bead. The black spreads and marbles the more you heat it... it takes over the lesser ivory and butterscotch tones.


My bead that I made and posted on this thread seemed nice.

I have contacted Effetre and asked if there is other tonalities of this color.

Once I get an answer from Effetre, I will post it here.

I will try to duplicate what my photo looks like.

My question is would you be happy if you got the same results that I got?

Thanks for your question.

Mike

bluhealer 2019-03-14 9:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikefrantz (Post 5030553)
My tester comments about Black Marble below

Mine are mostly solid charcoal marble, not much brown or ivory in the finished bead. The black spreads and marbles the more you heat it... it takes over the lesser ivory and butterscotch tones.


My bead that I made and posted on this thread seemed nice.

I have contacted Effetre and asked if there is other tonalities of this color.

Once I get an answer from Effetre, I will post it here.

I will try to duplicate what my photo looks like.

My question is would you be happy if you got the same results that I got?

Thanks for your question.

Mike

I would be happy, that's what attracted me. I was planning to order, based on your bead. It almost looks like Black Metallic mixed with ivory, does it shine up at all?

Ravenesque 2019-03-14 11:47am

I'd like glass like your bead as well, black and ivory, we have a lot like the brown/gray. I found opposite of your tester, it gets more brown the more you cook, very dark almost black. There is almost no ivory in my batch. I'll post a pic soon.

mikefrantz 2019-03-14 7:42pm

Black Marble
 
I have communicated with Effetre and they will be looking for some lighter rods, perhaps a different production date might give us a different tonality.

Mike

Flamework Jewelry Designs 2019-04-15 6:57am

I just bought some of these rods, and am waiting for delivery. I hope they turn out like the original picture - black, grey and ivory. I’ll look forward to reading what your testers’ results are, and of course trying it myself.

mikefrantz 2019-04-15 12:28pm

Black Marble
 
I think my bead came out nice is because I did not spend much time in the torch shaping it. It seems the more it is worked, the less it will look like my photo.

For this reason I will not be getting a restock on this color at this time.

I still want to get back on the torch and try again.

Mike

bluhealer 2019-04-15 3:06pm

I found that, too. The longer I went, the muddier it got, and the less ivory showed. Ah well, it should make great bear fur or something for the sculptors.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 1:36am.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.