Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beads of Courage (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Offer for Beads of Courage (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165010)

Glow Joe 2010-06-21 6:12am

Superkitty......;)......If you think you got Bulls eye in the 104 mix.......that would maybe :confused: cause issues.......lol.....

I have not had cracking issues with the soft glasses, though with what I've learned from the Boro....I do now have my kiln set a bit higher.......just to be on the safe side

(in the beginning......I had no kiln......and I used to make these beads and cool them in a heated crockpot full of perlite....about 25% of my beads cracked and the rest survived..)...with that bit of info, I'm going to guess it was not the powder.....

Here's a how to stringer tutorial that I've had on youtube for awhile.........maybe this will help?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LMK...

<3 and Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb (Post 3084562)
Tom, they look like incompatibility cracks. If no one else has had this problem, I am wondering if I got a rod of BE mixed in with my moretti.

Deb 2010-06-22 7:10am

Well, so far the others didn't crack. I'll try pulling a few stringers, putting it in the kiln hotter, and turning up the kiln a bit and see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestions!

menty666 2010-06-28 9:05am

I just wanted to say thank you to Sundance for the gift certificate :)

It's particularly surprising since I never sent them my address, so they actually tracked me down to get it to me.

Thank you!!

tweeky clothespin 2010-07-02 10:54pm

Is this great offer still available?

sundanceartglass 2010-07-15 11:15am

Yes it is!
Email me for details

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lorraine Chandler 2010-08-26 10:07am

Site says you removed the tut?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glow Joe (Post 3085270)
Superkitty......;)......If you think you got Bulls eye in the 104 mix.......that would maybe :confused: cause issues.......lol.....

I have not had cracking issues with the soft glasses, though with what I've learned from the Boro....I do now have my kiln set a bit higher.......just to be on the safe side

(in the beginning......I had no kiln......and I used to make these beads and cool them in a heated crockpot full of perlite....about 25% of my beads cracked and the rest survived..)...with that bit of info, I'm going to guess it was not the powder.....

Here's a how to stringer tutorial that I've had on youtube for awhile.........maybe this will help?

LMK...

<3 and Thanks