Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tutorials to purchase (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Patsy Evins' Flower Bead, Dots, Color Theory, and Art Techniques Tutorial 101(Part 1) (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219686)

patsy evins 2012-03-10 11:24am

Patsy Evins' Flower Bead, Dots, Color Theory, and Art Techniques Tutorial 101

It's Finally Done!! I finished my First Tutorial!!! =D>

http://www.patsyevinsstudio.com/lamp...humb_large.jpg
Check it out on ArtFire, Just $14.77

I know it took awhile but I wanted to put soo much in my tutorial that it kept getting longer & longer. I had to rethink things... What I've decided to do is create more of a lampworking home study course.

This first tutorial, Lampworking 101, is about learning the foundations of making flower beads. I start with how to create the perfect dot bead, but really it's about how to artistically design a bead. I share the thought process that teaches YOU how to create unlimited patterns and designs on your beads.

We then take those dot techniques and you learn new lampwork techniques that you use to create flower beads. This process of building upon techniques is the artistic approach to designing beads that allows you to uniquely express yourself.

http://www.patsyevinsstudio.com/lamp...w_101_dots.jpg http://www.patsyevinsstudio.com/lamp...01_flowers.jpg

This tutorial covers primary colors and how important they are to your designs. You will also learn how to use tints and shades of colors to create more dynamic beads. We will then explore the characteristics of black and white and how they affect other colors. I also include my way of encasing and pulling stringers. I have a cool exercise for you to explore your self worth as an artist and one about how you can start making beads that are uniquely yours.

I will share with you all I know about flowers, fish and sea creatures in future tutorials in this home study tutorial course. You will learn all aspects of art elements, color theory, glass characteristics, personal artistic growth, and pretty much everything I have learned in my 35 years of being an fine artist and glass lampworker.

YOU will be able to take this knowledge and create your own artistic voice with glass. I hope you enjoy this first tutorial! You can also preview the next tutorial at the end of this first tutorial. :love:

I am selling the tutorial right now for the special price of $14.77!
This tutorial is 88 pages long, with elaborate descriptions and 124 detailed photos.

Go to My ArtFire Store and check it out!
__________________________________________________ ______________

Next...
Here is a peek at the next tutorial that I am working on right now. Combining the knowledge you gained from Lampworking 101 with this second tutorial, we will be leaving the surface of the bead to make the flowers shown below.

Learning the techniques in Lampworking 102 will springboard you to my next tutorial of 3-D sculptural flowers. Along the way, you will learn more about color theory, mixing color techniques, lampworking techniques and the artistic process so that you can create your own unique sculptural flowers. Each tutorial becomes more challenging and packed with detailed descriptions of artistic and lampworking techniques. O:)

http://www.patsyevinsstudio.com/lamp...k_102_peek.jpg

-Patsy Evins

MaryBeth 2012-03-10 12:50pm

Hi Patsy!

I purchased one. I put my note in the Artfire note area that I wanted a PDF.
I'm looking forward to getting this!

msy439 2012-03-10 3:28pm

Hi Patsy,I purchased one as well.Thank you for this tutorial and making it affordable.

flamingobeth 2012-03-10 10:13pm

Just bought it. Can't wait to play!

Kacz 2012-03-11 11:40am

Just bought, downloaded & read through this tutorial. Thanks so much, it's very easy to understand with lots of useful information.

Jo Kacz

MaryBeth 2012-03-11 11:46am

Thank you for such a well written tutorial! I am looking forward to the next parts and I'm glad you are making it affordable to acquire each of them:-)

iloveglass 2012-03-11 9:27pm

I took the opportunity to look at your Art Fire site and I just had to drop you a line to say how beautiful your work is and congratulate you on your new tutorial!

patsy evins 2012-03-12 4:28pm

Thanks for all the great comments. Let me know if I can help anyone! :)

bexrox 2012-03-19 9:22pm

Just ordered one, look forward to getting it!

wd2crv 2012-03-20 7:23am

Patsy, I have just ordered my tutorial and am looking forward to getting it too! And thanks for keeping the price so reasonable!

BabetteC 2012-03-23 8:39am

Yup - I bought the tutorial. Lots of information for the price. I learned several things and am looking forward to what you have to say in your next tutorial!

debb 2012-03-24 9:02am

I've had my first try with this really easy to follow tutorial. Thanks Patsy

sansan239s 2012-03-28 5:06am

I can't wait to purchase your first tutorial, in support of fellow artists. hugs

patsy evins 2012-03-30 1:53pm

Thanks Debb! Your flowers look great! Glad to hear I am explaining the techniques clearly. It's hard to talk without my hands!

I'm working on my next tut where I start leaving the surface of the bead to make a flower. :)

patsy evins 2012-05-03 12:47pm

I updated the Lampworking 101 tutorial, changed the cover and added a NEW BEAD in the tutorial. It is a FREE update to everyone who bought the tutorial previously. I sent out the FREE update about 2 weeks ago to those who purchased. If you didn't receive one, let me know and I'll send one out to you!

New Lampworking 102 coming out in a few days!!! YAY !!!!

MaryBeth 2012-05-03 12:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by patsy evins (Post 3986643)
I updated the Lampworking 101 tutorial, changed the cover and added a NEW BEAD in the tutorial. It is a FREE update to everyone who bought the tutorial previously. I sent out the FREE update about 2 weeks ago to those who purchased. If you didn't receive one, let me know and I'll send one out to you!

I'm looking forward to the new tutorial! The first one is just wonderful!

patsy evins 2012-05-03 2:42pm

I am so happy to know you liked the first tutorial, MaryBeth! Just a few more touches to finish Lampworking 102!!

starlightforge 2012-05-03 2:42pm

Just ordered 101, look forward to 102.. Thank you..

Quote:

Originally Posted by patsy evins (Post 3986643)

starlightforge 2012-05-04 5:35am

Thank you Thank You.. This is a great tutorial.. So many ah ha s as I read through all the information on the how to and why this happens and how to get the best results.. I know I will have to sit and reread this tutorial many times for all the information to sink in.. This is like sitting in a class and getting all my questions answered.. So happy I got it, and I can't wait for 102 to come out..
Again thank you Patsy for all the hard work in making and sharing this tutorial..

patsy evins 2012-05-04 11:56am

Thank you Houkje! :) I really am focusing on helping everyone grow as an artist with glass. This knowledge will also help you when you make and design jewelry and pretty much any other aspect of being creative in your life.

ironmountainglass 2012-05-07 5:09am

Just ordered mine and I'm so looking forward to the next ones in this series. :)

BabetteC 2012-05-09 5:03pm

I just paid for the 2nd lampwork tutorial - "Lampworking Flower Beads Tut 102 Secrets of How to Think Sculpturally". This should be another good one. Patsy goes into such detail about how she does things. Really helpful information.

starlightforge 2012-05-09 10:06pm

Just ordered 102, will be a joy to wake up in the morning too.. Thank you..

starlightforge 2012-05-10 7:43am

I have been up for about 1.5 hours now.. Got my coffee, turned on the computer, checked E-mail, and there it was, the next E- Book from Patsy.. =D> =D> :fireblob: Thank you very much... :love: :kiss: & big hugs..
I'm still rereading 101, and just skimmed through 102, but what I seen and stopped to read in 102 it looks to be again a great tutorial. With sooooooo much information that will keep me reading and learning for quite some time.. Both of these tutorials are very well explained, the pics are clear, you can see what the words are saying.. It's like having Patsy sitting right there with you.. These two tutorial are well worth the buy, for the newbie to the advanced lampworker, everyone will gain something from them..
I can't wait to see 103..
Again Thank You Patsy for all your hard work and sharing...

patsy evins 2012-05-13 9:07pm

Hi Houkje, I'm so thrilled you're enjoying my tutorials! I am resting this month and playing with glass. June, I will start writing my sculptural flowers tutorial. I'm thinking about including some frits and enamels mixing in this one as a bonus. :)

patsy evins 2012-05-13 9:10pm

Thanks you all for your fab comments! I really appreciate the thumbs UP!