Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tips, Techniques, and Questions (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   The BEST & the worst: Glass Suppliers (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38767)

beadgoodies 2006-11-13 3:16am

The BEST & the worst: Glass Suppliers

I'd like to know who you think is the BEST glass supplier from your own experience. Now, I know I haven't listed every single vendor, but I think these are the most competitive.

Thanks!

Candy

edie13 2006-11-13 4:40am

Wale is great and they ship quickly to the east coast.

Beadbug 2006-11-13 5:03am

Howaco is the best! Quick shipping and she labels each color for thoes of us that can't just look and know what color it is.

Tracy

claybraes 2006-11-13 5:19am

Lily at Hotbeadbox in melbourne Austrilia is the best! , but i like moretti and more the best in the US they only charge postage not extra for packing .

Donna*Jo 2006-11-13 5:25am

I bought hundreds of dollars worth of glass a few months ago. Just getting started. I ordered from Moretti and More and the service was awesome!!!!

Lee 2006-11-13 5:33am

Bridgetown for BE.

Sungirl (Deonne) on ebay for Moretti.

Dasi 2006-11-13 5:35am

My vote is Artglass House, OR Frantz. I also like Flametree Glass!!!! gosh it is so hard to make up my mind. They are all good to me with fair pricing and fast service.

mostlydetails 2006-11-13 5:49am

I love JamiLynn at Howaco! If she carried Lauscha, I'd never order anywhere else!

kandice 2006-11-13 6:03am

Islandglass and Moretti and More are the same person - Bill and Donelle Thorton.

One of my faves, Galaxy Glass, isn't on the poll.

glass_beads 2006-11-13 6:15am

My favorite suppliers aren't on your list: Caliente Glass and Val Cox.

Anne Ricketts 2006-11-13 6:19am

I buy most of my glass from Jim and Rose at Blue Moon. :grin:

FourTailsLampwork 2006-11-13 6:21am

Blue Moon is wonderful!! I found them the last time I was going through Austin (lived there 20 years). LOL, they STILL haven't gotten the incense smell out from when that store was Celebrations :)

Anne Ricketts 2006-11-13 6:23am

It has mellowed out a bit since they got in there but man, it was intense before they got in there!! :lol:

angelinabeadalina 2006-11-13 6:34am

Hey, ya gotta add MountainGlassArts to your list, because they are awesome! When I was looking to get started last fall, Chris practically held my hand over the phone for almost 3 months before I ordered everything at Christmas time! He suggested the best book to get me started, then answered questions off and on for a couple of months while I was saving the money to buy torch, kiln, glass, etc. When I finally got everything set up in February, then he had to start answering glass questions:lol: They are super nice! I can ask them about what color the orange actually is this time, and they'll go look and describe it. Just can't say enough about how helpful and pleasant they are!

Openstudio 2006-11-13 6:52am

You forgot to add FLAME TREE GLASS, they are excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lindaisrael 2006-11-13 6:54am

I have only ordered from Frantz once, and they were very easy to work with.

I found Ed Hoy http://www.edhoy.com/ and they have been wonderful to me. I order from them the most. Everyonce and a while I'll order fusing materials from a couple of other vendors.

This is one: http://www.aaproducts.com/

DesertDreamer 2006-11-13 6:56am

If I could, I would add Val Cox, Gail Joseph, Caliente, Glassdaddy, and Galaxy Glass (Deonne on Ebay). They're all top notch. Some of the larger sellers could learn a thing or two from them!

Juliac 2006-11-13 7:12am

I had a great experience at Jodel this summer. Monique was extremly kind and her daughter bent over backwards to help me! I didn't know that it is not a store but a home with the top floor dedicated to incredible amounts of beautiful glass! She even offered to let me try some new glass she had just received and gifted me with a wonderful rare orange. On top of that, she let my kids swim in her pool and gave me an iced coffee!!

glass_beads 2006-11-13 7:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertDreamer (Post 847035)
If I could, I would add Val Cox, Gail Joseph, Caliente, Glassdaddy, and Galaxy Glass (Deonne on Ebay). They're all top notch. Some of the larger sellers could learn a thing or two from them!

Well said!

Deb 2006-11-13 7:22am

I really like JameyLynn of howacoglass.com. Always fast, clean, labeled, and packed well. Great service!:grin:

beadgoodies 2006-11-13 7:30am

Almost 100% of the smaller glass suppliers are FANTASTIC. I only wish they were more competitively priced! I buy a lot of glass and I always look for the best deal possible and unfortunately the smaller vendors just can’t compete. I do give them my business for specialty glass – like Lauscha (GlassDaddy) and Double Helix for their unique glass.

Islandglass!! and Moretti & More are the same? Darn! I should have checked that before I made the poll. Sorry about that, people!

Candy

beadstillmyheart 2006-11-13 7:32am

I just love JameyLynn at Howaco....I agree whole heartedly with Deb.

Personal service, patient with long orders, tries to find things on request, ALWAYS friendly and professional. What really sold me was that she is very fair with her shipping charges. I cannot say this of others I have ordered from.

beadstillmyheart 2006-11-13 7:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mostlydetails (Post 846950)
I love JamiLynn at Howaco! If she carried Lauscha, I'd never order anywhere else!

I think she told me a while back that she's working on that. :D

misfit 2006-11-13 7:58am

If howaco, had vetro, the oddlots and Lauscha I'd definately never go elsewhere. <sigh> guess one can't have everything.

kiko 2006-11-13 8:11am

My vote is off the poll too. I really like Generations Glass and Olympic color. Both sites are easy to use and customer service is great. Usually they have a sale on color too! Lori

beadgoodies 2006-11-13 8:17am

I'm glad that you all are mentioning OTHER vendors than the ones on my poll. There are several that you've mentioned that I've never heard of before. So, thanks! I'll go check 'em out!!

Candy

FordGirlGoneBad 2006-11-13 8:36am

I love, love, love LBSupply. Jon is so very helpful and speedy with shipments, not to mention the free glass, mandrels and chances to win more glass. I never feel like he's trying to sell me something, but just getting me what I want and/or need. He's also saved me money by giving me his expert opinions on items I planned on purchasing, but offering alternatives or letting me know the downfalls of those items.

I have also had great experiences with Island Glass/Moretti and More -- wish I could have voted for more than one. I used them when I first started because they were on ebay and that's where my first searches began. They were speedy, shipments were packed well and they have good prices.

I haven't had good experiences with one other vendor to date, but will post that in the Bathroom.

debkauz 2006-11-13 8:40am

I'm not going to vote because I've never had a bad experience with any of the vendors.

FordGirlGoneBad 2006-11-13 8:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torch Temptress (Post 846924)
Howaco is the best! Quick shipping and she labels each color for thoes of us that can't just look and know what color it is.

Tracy

Wow, I wish all the suppliers did that. Sometimes the colors are just so darn close, I'm not sure which I'm using/used if it's on the table and not in the storage container. I've even thought of making my own stickers when I get glass delivered just so I don't have to guess. Also, if it's Lauscha, Vetrafond or Morette/Effetre -- I can't tell from one manufacturer to the other what I'm using. At this point they aren't even separated in my bins. Hope that doesn't hurt me later on when I start making better looking beads with all the pretty colors I've acquired.

DebbieSue 2006-11-13 8:48am

ABR Imagery: http://www.dichroicimagery.com/

They pack great and ship fast!

Debbie