Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Announcements (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Site Outage 4/28 - 4/29 | Server Upgrade (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52571)

Jason 2007-04-22 4:32pm

Site Outage 4/28 - 4/29 | Server Upgrade

Good news -- I'll be upgrading LE's server next weekend. This should make the site a bit faster - especially during peak busy times.

The bad news is that LE will need to be down during the upgrade. I'm not sure exactly when yet, but it will likely be Saturday evening (4/28) and last roughly 2-3 hours if there are no unexpected problems.

I'll keep everyone posted as I know more.

Jason

cadia 2007-04-23 3:01pm

Yippee !! My dial-up thanks you !!

rusticstudio 2007-04-23 4:31pm

Thanks, Jason, for all your hard work!

melissabeads 2007-04-23 6:00pm

Thanks!! Faster means I can read more..!!!

Karen Hardy 2007-04-23 6:35pm

So...you're just gonna cut us off...with no warning...
I'm starting to shiver and shake just thinking about it.
Gonna have to check myself into a methadone clinic
so it don't get ugly...

...maybe we can get a group deal at the clinic....

CorriDawn 2007-04-23 6:37pm

You have notice though!

Ruth Nichols 2007-04-23 7:04pm

LOL... looked like a joke to me. LOL... you were kidding eh Karen?

Jason 2007-04-23 7:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadia (Post 1130976)

Don't get too excited.. There's not a whole lot that can be done on the server side to help dial-up slowness :)

Firebug 2007-04-23 7:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen Hardy (Post 1131314)
so it don't get ugly...

Karen, get yourself a bag of Dark Dove - that'll keep you calm! Works wonders for me - LOL! But I'm with you, gotta have my LE fix in the evening!

Cheers
Kathy

Janice 2007-04-23 8:03pm

Ooooh! Thank you! :D

J.

jknappcampbell 2007-04-23 9:03pm

Thanks for all you do Jason.

Elegance_1 2007-04-24 9:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen Hardy (Post 1131314)
so it don't get ugly...

It's going to be ok Karen.... Prepare now by getting all your beads into one bowl or on a thick towel. then when the time comes, you can study each one and make comment, hold them, kiss them, cry over them.... You can get through this! =D>

Karen Hardy 2007-04-24 3:31pm

Maybe I can convince my family to get into a major drama fight
over me copying someone elses beads!

I'm going to start making some seahorses RIGHT now!!!!

Karen Hardy 2007-04-24 3:34pm

Actually, what's probably going to happen is I'm going to
get the laundry done, clean the kitchen and have a hot
meal on the table when the hubby comes home.
The kids may actually see the inside of a shower.
I might even change the sheets and towels out
(are towels supposed to stand up on their own?).

But DANGIT! I won't like it!!!!

angelique_redhead 2007-04-24 6:49pm

I'm going to have site withdrawal. ](*,) Thanks for the upgrade though. Thanks, Angelique

scouncil 2007-04-27 4:14am

You all really do a great job with the site. It is really fantastic!!! We appreciate you very much! I might go through withdrawls too, but I'll live. Maybe I'll make some seahorses then too (I'm sure that they will be PATHETIC) and my family doesn't even pay enough attention to know if I'm copying somebody else's work or not. Pretty sad.

Just Nancy 2007-04-28 6:01am

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadia (Post 1130976)

I feel your pain. We switched about a month ago when something reliable became available.

I'll add to the thanks to Jason for keeping things running smoothly behind the scenes.

Jason 2007-04-28 7:32am

Ok, I'm on the road heading to Colorado .. so the upgrade should be on for this afternoon/evening.

angelique_redhead 2007-04-28 7:44am

Go safely there and back, please. Thanks, Angelique

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason (Post 1141805)
Ok, I'm on the road heading to Colorado .. so the upgrade should be on for this afternoon/evening.

CorriDawn 2007-04-28 9:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason (Post 1141805)

Drive safe and let me know that you made it

Jason 2007-04-28 1:45pm

I'm here. Gonna go grab some food and figure out what time the upgrade will happen. I forgot these crazy people do some weird thing called daylight savings time. I lost an hour of my day.

Just Nancy 2007-04-28 2:18pm

Daylight Savings Time is a joke. At least your state is smart enough to hold out.

Jason 2007-04-29 12:42am

The upgrade has been completed. Please report any problems in this thread or the Site Issues forum.

Otter's Flame 2007-04-29 2:56am

Well I would like to report a big thank you!

Blueflameart 2007-04-29 6:13am

Great job as always Jason! Any problems for you or was it easy breezy? I know all about server changes & upgrades, I use to do them for huge companies and man they can get sooo hairy at times. Hope this one went real smooth for you! Kudos and I'm sure everyone here appreciates you for your hard work.

cadia 2007-04-29 6:19am

How come the beads I'm making aren't any better? I thought you said thiswas an upgrade???

Jason 2007-04-29 7:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueflameart (Post 1142742)
Great job as always Jason! Any problems for you or was it easy breezy? I know all about server changes & upgrades, I use to do them for huge companies and man they can get sooo hairy at times. Hope this one went real smooth for you! Kudos and I'm sure everyone here appreciates you for your hard work.

Thanks. The biggest problem (so far) was probably that I forgot the --delete on the final rsync of the /www tree to the new box and didn't realize it until everything was already running again. So now I have a mess to clean up by hand... but it shouldn't be too bad. And I've still got some stuff to finish setting up, but it wasn't anything critical so I didn't need to finish it while still in the datacenter. Oh, and one of the drives got a timeout and got kicked out of the raid array shortly after I got there, so the box was rebuilding the array the whole time I was working on it, making it slower and take longer. I think/hope the drive cable just came a little loose during the trip; everything has been fine since I reseated it.

danelady 2007-04-29 10:12am

Thank you as always for the hard work Jason, sorry for the glitches, hope it's not taking too much time to clean up!:waving:
You ROCK!
Hugs
Lynnie

Yvon 2007-04-29 2:42pm

Thanks for all of your work! I only missed visiting on Saturday. . . have a safe trip.