Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tutorials to purchase (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Introduction to Color Theory for the Beader (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202634)

HannahRachel 2011-08-07 6:18pm

Introduction to Color Theory for the Beader

• NEW! Introduction to Color Theory for the Beader

Well, not exactly new. Some folks got a preview powerpoint version last weekend while I was at the ISGB Gathering. But its grown considerably since then, with more palette ideas, more photos and more information.

This 60+ page tutorial is mainly geared toward the seed beader, but has useful information for any beader or beadmaker. I'll be adding more lampwork stuff as I continue with this e-book. This is NOT an e-book which just shows a finished piece and then tells you which colors to use. Instead, this is a book about color theory - HOW to pick a palette, WHY some colors go together, WHICH colors to use for a different feel in your finished piece.

Includes a heavy dose of how to design and recognize a "good" palette with a sprinkling of information on seed bead sizes, shapes and finishes.

$15.00

http://www.goodrivergallery.com

http://www.goodrivergalleries.com/im...nbow_beads.jpg

Over the Moon 2011-08-14 2:40am

Thanks so much for doing this Hannah! This is an amazing resource loaded with tons of great info, and heaps of gorgeous pics of Hannah's stunning work. Informative and drool-worthy ~ a winning combination by a very talented artist.

HannahRachel 2011-08-14 6:53am

Thank you Val!

beybey 2011-08-16 8:52am

Woo hoo!!!!! Thank you so much.

HannahRachel 2011-08-16 2:05pm

Just sent it Candace! Did it arrive safe and sound?

jamie lynne 2011-08-16 2:51pm

I feel compelled to tell you I want to eat those beads. So pretty. I thought at first they were frit and I was a millisecond away from pm'ing you for one of everything. :lol: SEEDBEADS. Darn.

You do beautiful work, makes me want to bust out my stash. :)

HannahRachel 2011-08-16 3:12pm

Jamie Lynne: Don't you just love that photo?

Perhaps I shouldn't tell you how close I am to putting ALL of my frit up for sale. I swear, I'm frit challenged. The only thing stopping me is that I'm convinced that the day after I ship it all off, I'll wake up and be in love with the stuff.
I even tried to organize it by color, in nifty little boxes. Its so pretty...

Then, I went ahead and organized my seed bead stash.

Gayetha 2011-08-17 4:51am

Love your work, so I had to get a copy of this! Love seed beads too.

BabblingBeads 2011-08-17 5:48am

Just ordered mine. I can't wait to get it!! This is just what I need.

Thanks for putting this together

HannahRachel 2011-08-17 6:11am

tricia2 - Your email keeps getting returned to me. Can you clean your email in-box a bit so I can try to resend?

Jill & Gayetha - Thank you so much! Please make sure that the color theory tutorial has arrived to you!

Wiley 2011-08-18 9:17am

Love this!! Makes me want to try new colors...I always seem to stick with the same few combinations.
Beautiful!!

fusionillusionartglass 2011-08-18 5:05pm

Nice tutorial, very helpful. Thanks so much

Firehorse 2011-08-19 6:42am

Thank you verry much Hannah, you´re beadwork is excellent and your tutorial is awesome
Angela

HannahRachel 2011-08-21 7:30am

Thanks so much for the kind words everyone! I'm glad everyone got theirs. Its pretty huge.
-------------------

I'll be leaving this up just one more day at this price, and then raising it to $15 and putting it up on Etsy. Monday night deadline!

Kevan 2011-09-17 8:34pm

This is a wonderfully useful tutorial, Hannah.:-)

lldesigns 2011-09-17 8:43pm

Oh man I always need help with color. This looks awesome!!!

alb6094 2011-09-17 8:48pm

An amazing tutorial Hannah, educational and extremely useful!

Leslie Dana 2011-09-18 11:02pm

I have really enjoyed your tutorial Hannah :)

HannahRachel 2011-10-24 10:46am

Thank you for all the great feedback and kind words! This is a shortened version of the Color Theory classes I taught at both the Illinois Institute of Art and the Art institute of Pittsburgh half a lifetime ago. I pointed it more towards beads, though...

Please make sure that if you ordered this it has arrived. I haven't heard that any haven't, but its big, and I always fuss a bit about making sure these guys make it to their homes.

It is now available both on my website and also in my Etsy shop.

--------
edited to add
Janet - found your email and re-sent it to you. Let me know it arrived this time!

AKDesigns 2011-12-21 6:37pm

Ok, I just got this today. I haven't used non-silver glass in forever but recently I've picked it up again to make my kaleidoscope beads. It's been so long that I thought I could use some inspiration and ....education. :) This is a really nice tutorial but just the pictures of Hannah's gorgeous beadwork alone makes it worth it!