Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Customer Service Kiosk (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Anyone having trouble contacting LB Supplys? (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57975)

sillyhead 2007-06-22 7:38am

Anyone having trouble contacting LB Supplys?

I placed an order with them on the 15th which I thought was going to be shipped Priority. They're always so fast that I thought it would be here by the 18th and when it wasn't, I checked the tracking number I was given and it said "no info for this shipment."

I've emailed LB Supplys 3 times at 2 different email addresses since the 18th, and also left a phone message yesterday. They didn't return my phone call and none of my emails have been answered, either.

The glass should have been here by now, but it's possible it never got shipped or has been lost. However, it's the lack of response to my emails and phone call that has me worried. I've had such great service from this company in the past and this is really unlike them. Anybody been in contact with them in the past few days?

PSmig 2007-06-22 9:17am

Your story is exactly like mine to the T. Except I placed my order on the 10th.

I wish I knew how to cancel my paypal payment to them.

Gwood 2007-06-22 9:58am

Great service

Jon has mentioned that they have been having issues with their email for sometime. If you ordered some of the new colors that he mentioned here on LE some of them you were ordering as a pre order prior to him receiving them.

I have never had any issues with them and I have seen numerous other post from others who have also had great service.

I am answering this because putting a post on LE like this can hurt someone's reputation. With the mention of the email issues and asking to be PM'd or called instead if you need to contact them , one missed call from yesterday does not warrant a public post to complain about service.

I am waiting on Candy Apple (New Color) from them, I know that it was not even going to be shipped from the distributor until this past Monday (mentioned in one of their posts) . They may have received it by now.

I would try sending a PM or try calling again, how many times have you missed a voice mail and multiple the number of VM's you get by the number that a business gets.

Gloria

debim 2007-06-22 9:59am

Exact same experience here - the tracking # is non-existent. I placed my order on the 14th - no show! I emailed them last night but no response yet.

Reenie 2007-06-22 10:00am

Last week I had one shipment that did the same exact thing.
Scared me because I thought the post office lost my packages.
They will update it but the USPS is not very fast at it. If it went out parcel post it takes 2-9 days not including Sundays but it also depends on where you live. One of my packages took almost 3 weeks because of the tornados that happened in the midwest. The postal service had to take different routes.
Could be what is happening to yours now.
I bet your order will be there by the end of next week if not before.
Irene

Reenie 2007-06-22 10:02am

Oh and btw...I too have ordered the new glass that's out and I was expecting the package this week and nothing!
I heard one color had to be pulled because of problems so I'm assuming that is why my order is being delayed.
But be patient, Jon is really a good vendor and you shouldn't worry. He'll take care of it
Irene

debim 2007-06-22 10:05am

Oops, sorry Gloria. Guess we were posting at the same time - I didn't mean mine as a slam because things do take a little longer to get here. I have had good service too - it's just nice for me to know others are having similar issues. To me if several of us it means they are awfully busy and I need to be more patient.

sillyhead 2007-06-22 10:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwood (Post 1231836)
I am answering this because putting a post on LE like this can hurt someone's reputation. With the mention of the email issues and asking to be PM'd or called instead if you need to contact them , one missed call from yesterday does not warrant a public post to complain about service.

Oh, for crying out loud! I didn't post to hurt anyone's reputation. I stated very clearly that I have had GREAT service from LB Supplys and that this was UNLIKE THEM, which was the reason for my concern.

I received a tracking number which indicated that my order had shipped. My glass wasn't a preorder. If shipped when the notice said it was, it should have been here on Monday. I would normally have allowed more time before trying to contact the supplier, but I needed some of the glass for a project.

I was unaware of the email issues and probably wouldn't have posted here if I'd known about that. I'm sure this is just some mixup. But with 3 emails and a phone call unanswered, and a $230 shipment of glass that seems to have gone AWOL, most people in my place would be wondering what was up, too, and you don't have any business wagging your finger in my face and scolding me for putting a reasonable post in this forum seeking information.

FlameFilly 2007-06-22 10:42am

I get antsy also when a shipment doesn't get to me when expected and calls aren't answered.

I just wanted to note that I believe thier tracking number gets put out when they enter the order into their system and doesn't necessarily mean it was shipped, its just the next shipping number in the system. So it may not have shipped yet.

I went through something similar thing last time I ordered from them they were holding the order for some missing glass to come in and fill it. It's still gtreat service and hopefully you weren'tlost in the shuffle...I'm sure you weren't...

It's hard to be patient waitng for glass!!!

Gwood 2007-06-22 11:02am

I am not wagging my finger at you, this is not a reasonable post if you had only called once. I assumed that you read their post. If you had you then you would have known about the email issue. No it is not your job to read all of their post or to know what is going on but it is your place to make sure that you exhaust all reasonable means of contacting the vendor.

Even if you did not intend for this post to hurt their reputation it can and does.

I am not going to get into a pissing contest with you. I JUST KNOW HOW A POST LIKE THIS EFFECTS A BUSINESS.

I hope your day get better because it apparently has not been a good one up to now.

QUOTE=sillyhead;1231872]Oh, for crying out loud! I didn't post to hurt anyone's reputation. I stated very clearly that I have had GREAT service from LB Supplys and that this was UNLIKE THEM, which was the reason for my concern.

I received a tracking number which indicated that my order had shipped. My glass wasn't a preorder. If shipped when the notice said it was, it should have been here on Monday. I would normally have allowed more time before trying to contact the supplier, but I needed some of the glass for a project.

I was unaware of the email issues and probably wouldn't have posted here if I'd known about that. I'm sure this is just some mixup. But with 3 emails and a phone call unanswered, and a $230 shipment of glass that seems to have gone AWOL, most people in my place would be wondering what was up, too, and you don't have any business wagging your finger in my face and scolding me for putting a reasonable post in this forum seeking information.[/quote]

FosterFire 2007-06-22 2:23pm

Send them a PM though LE.

sillyhead 2007-06-22 3:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwood (Post 1231981)
I am not wagging my finger at you, this is not a reasonable post if you had only called once. I assumed that you read their post. If you had you then you would have known about the email issue. No it is not your job to read all of their post or to know what is going on but it is your place to make sure that you exhaust all reasonable means of contacting the vendor.

Even if you did not intend for this post to hurt their reputation it can and does.

I am not going to get into a pissing contest with you. I JUST KNOW HOW A POST LIKE THIS EFFECTS A BUSINESS.

I hope your day get better because it apparently has not been a good one up to now.

Uh...my day is going very well, thank you, but if you didn't want to get into a pissing match with me, then you shouldn't have appointed yourself hall monitor and tried to make me feel like I was doing something wrong by asking a simple question in this forum.

I think sending 3 emails and leaving a phone message, over a period of 5 days, IS a reasonable effort made to contact the vendor. My first post here was in no way a slam of LB Supply. All I wanted to know was if anyone else was having trouble contacting them, and you're acting like I accused them of a federal offense.

As a customer, I have the right to wonder where my shipment is and why they haven't responded to my inquiries. How am I supposed to know that the only way to contact them is to send them a PM through this forum? If that's the only way to get in touch with them, then they should make that clear on their website, where it will be seen by people when they're placing their orders. I don't have a beef with LB Supply, I just want to find out what's up with my order, and whether I ask a question in this forum or take out a full page ad in the NY Times, it's not your place to judge whether my actions are appropriate or reasonable.

To the others who responded to my initial post, thank you very much for the helpful info.

Gwood 2007-06-22 3:27pm

Okay you win. You have taken this way to personal. I have seen other vendor get torn to shreds on here. I just did not want that to happen to them

Kevan 2007-06-22 6:59pm

I also ordered on the 15th and there is a tracking number in Paypal but when I clicked on it USPS said they had no info on the package.

I emailed last night and have not received a response as yet.

Reenie 2007-06-22 7:52pm

Just be patient. It's the USPS's fault at this time. When it says no info entered just means that the postal station it went through didn't scan it. It will scan at one of the other one's along the way.
Like I said I had a shipment of orders go out a few weeks ago and the same thing happened to me. To see it looks like I didn't send it out or it was lost. Give it a couple of days and I'm sure all will be fine.
All my orders made it to their destination but later than they should have.
Irene

Carols Glass 2007-06-22 8:01pm

They sent me a package on the 18th. The 18th is also the last time I have seen Jon post. It may have been another emergency in the family? I just hope they are ok. I know they wouldn't let their faithful supporters down. They never have as far as I know and I don't believe they will start now.
I understand how concerned those are that have not received their package, as I am a MAJOR worry-wart when it comes to getting anything pertaining to glass. Hang in there, I just know Jon will post and explain everything any time now. (I won my concentrator on May 15th and have not received it yet, but I believe it's coming soon!)

evilglass 2007-06-22 8:46pm

typically, in my experience, tracking numbers that are obtained by purchasing the postage online-with USPS-tend to not show any info for around a week. Usually within a day of delivery (plus or minus), the tracking number shows up with info in the system.

Which is why I take packages to the PO and have them put the postage on it. If they don't scan the DC or whatever, then I don't have to pay for it, so they make darned sure to scan it. Then it's in the system.

Of course, larger businesses don't have the time available to do this.

I'm sure the orders with LB supply will be worked out soon.

fadaway 2007-06-23 7:45am

I too have an outstanding order from the 14th....tracking number with no info and I did hear from Renate on the 14th but not since then......just stating the facts, but have gotten good service from previous orders...

Chris

Iwannadobeads 2007-06-23 4:04pm

I have also received excellent service from them. I ordered on the 16th, live in Washington state, and have seen nothing. My USPS tracking number shows no record. I emailed them this morning and haven't heard anything.
This is completely unlike their past service--does anyone live near them?

Torcha 2007-06-23 7:11pm

I May Know Why!!...

Hi-
I also ordered from Jon within the same timeframe as most of you. Jon followed up with a call to my PM on Sat. June 16th....I had a question about some of the new colors...I believe he said he was off to a tournament for a few days (I wish I had better recall...it might have been a bit longer.)

He wanted me to know that my package would not be going out until he came back. He also mentioned the huge amount of glass that had just come in that he needed to clean and get ready for orders. My guess is the same holds true for the rest of you?

Anyway, I agree that Jon and Renate always provide wonderful service and I look forward to getting my package this coming week.

Hope this helps!
Alana

Kevan 2007-06-23 8:18pm

I had two packages I shipped last week that had the same message on the tracking site.

Monday will be 11 days since my package was supposedly shipped.

Everything else I have ordered from them, not that I order from them often, has arrived. If it wasn't shipped out due to unpacking glass or going to a tournament, I'm not sure why it hasn't arrived. But, I'm sure it will show up this week sometime. If it doesn't they can ship it out again to me.

jonsglassshack 2007-06-23 9:50pm

I everyone. Please do not be alarmed. I have the glass in stock cut and washed and ready to ship out. I think most of you pre ordered the new vetrofond glass.
I just back home late tonight. I will and all of you as fast as I can.

Thank you for the great support and understanding on my time off.

Jon

Kevan 2007-06-23 9:52pm

Jon, thanks for responding. We were just wondering what was going on.

jonsglassshack 2007-06-24 4:10pm

Hi, Thank you for the understanding. I thought I post here before I left for a few day. It was very late and I must have push the wrong button to post it.
I have evryones order ready to ship out on
Monday or about 70 to ship. We are both working very hard to make sure that everyone order is right.

Thank you,Jon

debim 2007-06-24 4:26pm

Thanks a lot Jon for the update. Much appreciated.

debim 2007-06-27 1:20pm

Order arrived

My order came today, perfect in everyway!

mintleaf 2007-06-29 11:21am

Not sure if this has been resolved (I didn't read all of the posts) but they were out of town for about a week (or a little less). I managed to call right before they left. If you try now I am sure they are back because I got the glass I ordered!