Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tips, Techniques, and Questions (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   What is your favorite frit? (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13025)

hummingbird3172 2006-01-30 10:45am

What is your favorite frit?

I have several favorites and just wondered what everyone else likes.

Val Cox Frit- Iris Amber Green (probably one of my most favorites), Purple Rose, I haven't tried this one yet but it looked amazing on Marci's focal--Riverdance

GG Glass-Iris Light Blue (probably the biggest favorite), Mountain Fern, and a new one she cooked up called Stormy Seas.

Glass Diversions-Tapestry (it is GORGEOUS), Fall Harvest, Monet

I haven't gotten to try frit from other places yet...so I am sure there will be more favorites to add! :)

sassy 2006-01-30 10:52am

I never met a frit I didn't like.

Carolyn M 2006-01-30 11:15am

All the frit I've bought from Spiral Dance. Gorgeous!!!

jaylee78 2006-01-30 11:38am

my newest favorite is Mercury Lustre ~ I didn't really like the reduction frit/stringer until I saw a set Sue Harmon-King did with the mercury lustre and I really like the color effect from it.

I love cherry blossoms, tuscany olive, enamel white, and a a pink blend I got from ePlanetGlass.

Flamechick 2006-01-30 11:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolyn M

I must agree. I'm particularly in love with Purple Rain.......yummy!

Eileen's Gifts 2006-01-30 12:02pm

My favorite frit is Val's Boro Bora. Hopefully someday I can actually make some beads from it that are good enough to wear! LOL

AnnieQ 2006-01-30 12:02pm

I love all frit. Right now my favs are.
#1 for me is Raku
#2 for me is tye dyed raku

cghipp 2006-01-30 12:03pm

Iris Gold, followed closely by clear frit.

Courtney

Kevan 2006-01-30 12:05pm

Tye dyed raku sounds....interesting.

I got some gold aventurine frit recently. It's kinda neat encased.

I like the flamingo.

hummingbird3172 2006-01-30 12:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolyn M

Yeah, they are next on my list to buy from....they have some incredible looking blends! :)

softbleu 2006-01-30 1:33pm

Hm. One of my favorites is caribbean blue. I also like my beach sand frit but I make that myself.

chrisdd 2006-01-30 2:08pm

Ocelot Spots from Val. You can get a wide range of colors from it.

Nejoum 2006-01-30 2:23pm

If its frit I love it.
The one I am using at the time is my fave!

Tiedyed Raku.....Sounds interesting....more info please...
Diana

DesertDreamer 2006-01-30 3:26pm

Val: Boro Bora, Ocelot Spots, River Dance, Mood Swing, Cherry Blossom

Gail: Reduce Me, Bejewled, Mountain Vista, Aruba Sunset

Spiral Dance: Copper Penny, Pacific Rim, Hard Candy, Rings of Fire

Julz 2006-01-30 3:44pm

Well, I just got 19 new frit samples through the Great LE Frit swap, and I bought someone else's stash yesterday- another 16 colors, plus the 14 I already have- and none are duplicates!!! I don't know if it is possible to have a favorite, is it? Each one of them is just beautiful!

NLC Beads 2006-01-30 3:46pm

I have used mainly Val's - I like Ocelot Spots, Copper Blue, and Tutti Frutti best....

Michelle Walsh 2006-01-30 3:46pm

I am SERIOUSLY frit challenged, but my all-time favorite has been Val's Mood Swing. Ironic? :-\"

Many Blessings,
Michelle

JoyceMI 2006-01-30 4:33pm

I LOVE Frit. I think my favorites are:

Raku, purple rose, ocelot spots. Those three always seem to be the main staples in my frit trays! I also like Boro Bora, and Mood Swings, and House of Blues.

I tried River Dance today for the first time and I think I am going to love that one too! It looked good while I was making the beads, but we'll see once they come out of the kiln.

I have way too much frit. I really need to go through and weed some of it out that I don't use. I have lots of jars that I have used maybe once. But then I always think that someday I will take it out and try it again and find it to be magic :doubt:

Kevan 2006-01-30 4:45pm

"She who dies with the most frits wins."

AnnieQ 2006-01-30 4:51pm

Here's the tye dyed raku...I think he's having a half price shipping for all LE members.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

heres some bead i made with it...excuse the el-crummo pic

http://images.picpile.com/uploads/694429206.jpg

JoyceMI 2006-01-30 4:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevan
"She who dies with the most frits wins."

In that case, I better hang on to all those jars of 'duds' I have.

........ But then again, how will one know what one has won, if they are dead.:roll:

Michelle Walsh 2006-01-30 5:06pm

Annie, that frit is so pretty I'm *almost* tempted to try it! Really pretty beads!

Many Blessings,
Michelle

Heartbreaker*Beads 2006-01-30 6:24pm

Thanks for the tie dyed raku info Annie! *runs off to buy some...*
Erika

UCBYCINDY 2006-01-30 6:42pm

Wow, I am sure missing something...me and frit have a hate hate relationship...I buy it...and I hate it...I can't make them sing like everyone else...I AM FRIT CHALLENGED:(!!

I'd love to see some beads of your favorite frit if you don't mind sharing!!

Cindy

Angela Schoonen 2006-01-30 6:43pm

I am so not a frit person - not because I don't like it, but because I've never had any success with it. I see people use it, and it looks awesome. I use it and it looks like a dirty big clump on the glass.
Of all the frits I look at, I like the look of Val's the best. If I was a frit gal, I'd buy hers ;)

hummingbird3172 2006-01-30 7:49pm

I think a no-fail frit combo is Val's purple rose frit on copper green...all you have to do it melt it in and it looks incredible....I have a picture of some like this, but please understand these are some of my first beads and not very demonstrative of how pretty this really is:

ANd here is plain old iris amber green on black....you just have to heat it for awhile and don't let it reduce:

Here is that iris light blue...this is on top of white enamel...creates a water effect:

The iris amber green and iris light blue are pretty easy to use.

I would love to see pictures of some of these other types too!

mostlydetails 2006-01-30 7:56pm

My favorite frits change with the wind! Currently:

from Val -- River Dance, Cherry Blossom
Spiral Dance -- In the Pink, Turquoise Trail
Olympic -- Raku size #2, Pink/Purple R-96, Copper Blue G-23

I go back and forth -- right now I'm enjoying frit, and I just ordered some of the tye dye Raku (thanks for the link!).

I'm thinking about selling or exchanging some of my unused frits that didn't do it for me. I see them listed in other people's favorites, and I think mine should go to a more appreciative home. I'm sure other people are the same. Maybe the swap shop would be a good place for us to do that! Just a thought.

--Liz

Toni L. 2006-01-30 8:54pm

1 Attachment(s)
I do not discriminate - I love all frit! :biggrin:

When Bek did the first frit bulk buy I got "Mix 1" - whatever that was. With the pic on the site it was really hard to tell what it was going to look like, but I figured what the heck. Not until I got the beads out the next morning did I know what a treasure I had found! Intense, bright, vibrant, yummy, all kinds of colors...check it out!

Kevan 2006-01-30 9:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieQ
Here's the tye dyed raku...I think he's having a half price shipping for all LE members.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

heres some bead i made with it...excuse the el-crummo pic

http://images.picpile.com/uploads/694429206.jpg

Annie, those are cute beads. I think that's the first time I have seen any of your beads. You are always putting them down. Silly girl!

Kevan 2006-01-30 9:06pm

WILL WORK FOR FRIT